2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

There's probably a bit more to play out Hirsute you boofy, woolly Angora Goat you - some other deal may be in the cards - but if not, early doors would suggest that unless Baker goes to Freo, then this ain't good for us. WCE will only have futures to trade for Baker. Dunno if we want those.

Baker would look good in purple without some other deal being in the winds.

I reckon Mr Red it'll come down to this.

1) Pick 3 comes to us and we return an early pick back along with Baker.
2) The Eagles split their pick 3 for example with Carlton who have 12&14 and they pass on to us 12 or 14
3) The last option is if the eagles snooze Freo might come jumping in with 10, 11, and 18 for Bolton and Bakes

Last edited:
Been thinking about that all week.

FOS/Jags....Tauru ?

(Bungal will say Lalor-Tauru :rolleyes:)

Dunno if Tauru has quite the body of work to be going 6. 10 or 11 yeah. Not sure about 6 though.
Tauru floats in the air like Knights and Royce. Is a talent for sure. At 6 we will go midfielder i would think?

Reactions: 1 user
Tauru floats in the air like Knights and Royce. Is a talent for sure. At 6 we will go midfielder i would think?
Probably.

I like Tauru. Think he's the most competitive of the tall forwards in the air. A few of the others are a bit too "lead up easy" for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Doubt Wet Coke make the eight next year so I'll be happy to take their F1st for Bakes.
Yep I think this will likely happen. Reckon the Tigers will want to strengthen next year's 1st round hand too. We'll still end up with a decent number of 1st rounders with the Rioli & Bolton trades, probably 3 of them, and we have #1, #20 and #24 already. Would love to see WC give us #3 for say Bakes & #24 but can't see it happening. Plenty of clubs after that #3 if they decide to give it up.

Yep I think this will likely happen. Reckon the Tigers will want to strengthen next year's 1st round hand too. We'll still end up with a decent number of 1st rounders with the Rioli & Bolton trades, probably 3 of them, and we have #1, #20 and #24 already. Would love to see WC give us #3 for say Bakes & #24 but can't see it happening. Plenty of clubs after that #3 if they decide to give it up.
West coast aren’t giving up a likely top 5 pick for baker.

I doubt we’re trading up. It’s been reported a few times that Blair isn’t interested in a pick slide for Baker. E.g something and Baker for pick 3

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
West coast aren’t giving up a likely top 5 pick for baker.

They are more likely now to split that pick 3 after blundering the barrass pick 14 deal

Eagles hand us pick 3 and Richmond hands over Baker and pick11 (on the proviso we get 10&11 from Freo) is one deal that could work for both. They get Bakes and potentially Bo Allen

Or they could do a deal with Blues for 12 and 14 and hand us pick 12 for Baker, but our deal would be slightly better than this scenario.

Reactions: 1 users
We had apparently reached agreement on pick 14 for Baker, but the Hawks got impatient and perhaps a little unhinged following the further publicity concerning their Federal Court case.

Baker won't be left for Fremantle and a pick 3 split now looks much more likely with WC keeping Barrass.

Hartley was somewhat pointed in his remarks the other day about doing the best he can for us and how the bidding system is supposed to work ie without corrupt arrangements between clubs. As predicted he has so far stuck to his guns and our interests in regard to a reasonable return on wanted Richmond men, Shai and Dan.

It looks then increasingly like 6, 10, 11 and 13 are coming our way, with salary assistance going back.. plus enough indignant media reaction to last us all until rd 1.

Baker I think, will get to West Coast with pick 13 and a future 3rd for pick 3 and a future 2nd, fair weight.

That would give us picks 1, 3, 6, 10, 11, 20, 24, 51, 61 and PSD 1, to be added to players already taken in Blight and Gray. (No predictions 1 to 6.. too close to call, but I have Draper and TAURU available at 10 and 11).

Delisted I have Baker, Bolton, Coulthard, Cumberland, Dow, Graham, Grimes, Martin, McIntosh, Naismith, Pickett and Rioli.

Don't want to lose Shai in particular but that is a mighty hand..

Late edit that's Tauru.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
We had apparently reached agreement on pick 14 for Baker, but the Hawks got impatient and perhaps a little unhinged following the further publicity concerning their Federal Court case.

Baker won't be left for Fremantle and a pick 3 split now looks much more likely with WC keeping Barrass.

Hartley was somewhat pointed in his remarks the other day about doing the best he can for us and how the bidding system is supposed to work ie without corrupt arrangements between clubs. As predicted he has so far stuck to his guns and our interests in regard to a reasonable return on wanted Richmond men, Shai and Dan.

It looks then increasingly like 6, 10, 11 and 13 are coming our way, with salary assistance going back.. plus enough indignant media reaction to last us all until rd 1.

Baker I think, will get to West Coast with pick 13 and a future 3rd for pick 3 and a future 2nd, fair weight.

That would give us picks 1, 3, 6, 10, 11, 20, 24, 51, 61 and PSD 1, to be added to players already taken in Blight and Gray. (No predictions 1 to 6.. too close to call, but I have Draper and Taura available at 10 and 11).

Delisted I have Baker, Bolton, Coulthard, Cumberland, Dow, Graham, Grimes, Martin, McIntosh, Naismith, Pickett and Rioli.

Don't want to lose Shai in particular but that is a mighty hand..

Look man, we need to start accepting the reality that 13 is not coming our way

Like there is zero chance of that happening unfortunately

Reactions: 2 users