2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I dunno about the 1st pick next year, but everything else is what I've been saying for months.

If Schulz is 11 and 34 then Bolton is 10 (12) and 11 (13). 12 and 13 for Bolton is the mark. Pay up aholes.

And also, all this stuff about comparing with Houston is rubbish as well, because apparently Port are after more than just pick 12 or 13. The media do not want to discuss this though because that would not help with their anti-Richmond run down on all our trade values.
I know re future pick 1.
I was trying to be as rediculous as Freo are, and probably didn't succeed.

Reactions: 1 user
Excerpt from HS Draft Article

Most clubs are far less excited about the 2025 draft, which is stacked with talent linked to the northern academies.

“People are nervous about next year,” one recruiter said recently.

“There’s not a lot of people who like next year’s draft — even if you got pick 15. Pick 15 to pick 25 in this draft is much better.”

Gold Coast Suns Academy members Beau Addinsall and Zeke Uwland were the two best players for Team Sloane in the under-17 Futures game on AFL Grand Final Day last month, while Brisbane Lions Academy member Daniel Annable was among the best few players for Team Heppell and is highly-rated.

Sydney Swans Academy member Lachlan Carmichael is another leading prospect for next year, while the Swans will also have access to Noah Chamberlain.

• Angry
Excerpt from HS Draft Article

Most clubs are far less excited about the 2025 draft, which is stacked with talent linked to the northern academies.

“People are nervous about next year,” one recruiter said recently.

“There’s not a lot of people who like next year’s draft — even if you got pick 15. Pick 15 to pick 25 in this draft is much better.”

Gold Coast Suns Academy members Beau Addinsall and Zeke Uwland were the two best players for Team Sloane in the under-17 Futures game on AFL Grand Final Day last month, while Brisbane Lions Academy member Daniel Annable was among the best few players for Team Heppell and is highly-rated.

Sydney Swans Academy member Lachlan Carmichael is another leading prospect for next year, while the Swans will also have access to Noah Chamberlain.

That will change though as next year develops.

Look at this year. At the start of the year everyone was saying there will be no talls taken. Now we are looking at 8 or so going in the top 30 with Tauro not on anyone's radar but will go top 10.

Lot of water to go under the bridge to be definitive on next years crop ILO.

We might be able to take advantage of that concensus and get big overs trading into next year.

Reactions: 7 users
If trading Schulz out was worth pick 11 and 34 to Freo, then trading Bolton in is worth pick 10, 11 and their first pick next year.

There is no way the difference between Schulz and Bolton is the difference between pick 18 and 34.
I dunno about the 1st pick next year, but everything else is what I've been saying for months.

If Schulz is 11 and 34 then Bolton is 10 (12) and 11 (13). 12 and 13 for Bolton is the mark. Pay up aholes.

And also, all this stuff about comparing with Houston is rubbish as well, because apparently Port are after more than just pick 12 or 13. The media do not want to discuss this though because that would not help with their anti-Richmond run down on all our trade values.

The *smile* trade is not a good comparison.

No way Collingwood do that deal if they thought it would be pick 11. They were reigning premiers and expected to be top 4.

They would have weighed there future first at around 17-20. Thus *smile*' worth as that plus 34.

But yeah agree on Bolton's worth.

Suspect it will end up something like pick 10 & 11 come to us and we'll give 14 to them and get 18 back.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Why would we do that?

Just predicting how it will end up falling by both giving up a little.

Freo save face by moving up from 18 to 14. They will probably look to split it into one pick this year and next.

We get the two picks we were after.

Reactions: 3 users
Just predicting how it will end up falling by both giving up a little.

Freo save face by moving up from 18 to 14. They will probably look to split it into one pick this year and next.

We get the two picks we were after.
Why should we help Freo save face and not get value for our player?

What if we're after three picks?

Why wouldn't we hold out for 10, 11, 18 for Shai and 24, or 20?

Just been robbed by Brisbane for pick 20
Reported on AFL.com.au as: “Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45)”

Reported on AFL.com.au as: “Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45)”

So we give them 1704 points for pick 20 (912 points)

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Just been robbed by Brisbane for pick 20
Absolutely not true,the market for first round picks is off the chart,at 20 u still will have about 10 guys who normally would be 10_15 in most drafts,with us not physically able to use all picks.

Reactions: 1 users