2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

What are peoples thoughts if we took FOS and Reid as our first 2 picks?

Assuming Lalor, Jagga and Langford are off the board.

Reactions: 1 user
What are peoples thoughts if we took FOS and Reid as our first 2 picks?

Assuming Lalor, Jagga and Langford are off the board.

Wouldn't mind him a bit later on, but reckon we can do better than Reid at 6 if that's where the pick lands.

Means Draper is likely still there, plus some others.

Reactions: 4 users
Not good above his head.
Doesn’t get air.
Doubt CHB very much
And makes it hard to turn into a forward.
Biggest mid this year, but did he push forward and dominate? Hmmm.
As a back or forward he will compete against oppos as tall or taller.

Apart from his height and clearance work what is there to like?

On Big Willie Smillie. Slightly different view that's being spoke about on here.

Actually think his ground ball game is quite OK. Maybe even a sneaky strength. He's clean below his knees and uses it well by hand/foot.

He has two bigger areas to work on ILO.

Firstly his running capacity, in particular burst running from contest to contest and he doesn't yet know how to use his size and strength. Plays a bit nice still. Love to see him embrace physicality and contact more, especially when he has the ball.

Very high ceiling if he can get those latter two up to scratch.
Can you teach Mongrel? Not so sure

The must take GWV Rebel players pill Bungal ?

We can't trust you Bungal.
Well you did say he is utterly useless and goes to ground too much,,and watch the quarter final match .
Seriously you need to go to another optometrist ,

Must take Rebels player's Robert"? Lalor is the best all round player in this years crop,with lot's of upside ,as for Faull he would be a handy pick up ,and Hannaford has a good future ,and Jack O is still only 17 and got better as the year went ,has a bit of mongrel about him to,,looks more mobile and agile than Smillie for a mid.

Reactions: 1 users
Why are we the stubborn ones
How about Frockers and WetCoke just accept our demands
Bolton especially Is elite at home on wa grounds, last 4 games against Fremantle, West Coast, (3 out of 4 in wa,)
Disposals av 25 gls average 2.75.
That's what they get.

Well you did say he is utterly useless and goes to ground too much,,and watch the quarter final match .
Seriously you need to go to another optometrist ,

Must take Rebels player's Robert"? Lalor is the best all round player in this years crop,with lot's of upside ,as for Faull he would be a handy pick up ,and Hannaford has a good future ,and Jack O is still only 17 and got better as the year went ,has a bit of mongrel about him to,,looks more mobile and agile than Smillie for a mid.
Bungal he goes to ground repeatedly.

Between every rebel player being the greatest thing since sliced bread and saying that greater Western Victoria is the new Sunshine Coast, we just simply can't trust you Bungal.

Bungal he goes to ground repeatedly.

Between every rebel player being the greatest thing since sliced bread and saying that greater Western Victoria is the new Sunshine Coast, we just simply can't trust you Bungal.
But Lalor is the best all round player this year Robert ,and the recruiters agree,I think it's YOU WE CAN'T TRUST . :ROFLMAO:

UMMMM where does he repeatedly go to ground ,,,seriously your becoming a worry

But Lalor is the best all round player this year Robert ,and the recruiters agree,I think it's YOU WE CAN'T TRUST . :ROFLMAO:

UMMMM where does he repeatedly go to ground ,,,seriously your becoming a worry
I counted at least 13 times in those highlights that he's on the ground - some are because he's been tackled because he's so slooooo-ough. (Brilliant again by me. How do I do it ?)

Even Damian Watson refers to him "going to ground".

We're gonna have to come up to Ballarat and check what's in the water up there. Very concerning.

• Haha
I counted at least 13 times in those highlights that he's on the ground - some are because he's been tackled because he's so slooooo-ough. (Brilliant again by me. How do I do it ?)

We're gonna have to come up to Ballarat and check what's in the water up there. Very concerning.
Your kidding right .You need to give away watching juniors ,a couple of his mistakes where from slow reaction ,not lack of pace ,but l think you are nit picking again .

Get use to it Robert rebels will have another no 1 this year

8 picks in the top 32 would be sweet as but I wouldn't be shifting any of them into next year. Reckon 8 is the minimum number of picks we need to take this year and the overall strength of this draft means there's still plenty of talent available at this range. With the number of decent later picks we'd still have available, we should be able to cobble together a decent future pick for next years draft.
Can't see us taking all this year. I would prefer to see 3 x 1st rounders next year too. We'll already have 1. This gives us another year to see how our currently listed crop of youngsters have evolved and target needs which might not be evident right now. I don't know about depth of talent either. It's certainly very even but is that superb talent or just no standouts? From what I'm reading next year's talent will be pretty good. I'd hedge bets a bit. Maybe as you say we can cobble together a future first with this year's lower picks. Would love to get Brisbane's first this year and trade it for a F1 with a team's supporters who think they' ll be premiers next year but we know they won't make the 8. Pies or Bombers maybe.

You're wrong - but keep digging, you'll come out the other side soon enough.

Decision making is elite. Skills are great. Imposing size already and he's only going to get bigger and stronger.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Can't see us taking all this year. I would prefer to see 3 x 1st rounders next year too. We'll already have 1. This gives us another year to see how our currently listed crop of youngsters have evolved and target needs which might not be evident right now. I don't know about depth of talent either. It's certainly very even but is that superb talent or just no standouts? From what I'm reading next year's talent will be pretty good. I'd hedge bets a bit. Maybe as you say we can cobble together a future first with this year's lower picks. Would love to get Brisbane's first this year and trade it for a F1 with a team's supporters who think they' ll be premiers next year but we know they won't make the 8. Pies or Bombers maybe.
Brisvegas need about a gazillion points to get anywhere near what they need for both Ashcroft and Marshall. This years first plus next years first a minimum requirement to establish a starting point. No need whatsoever to trade Brisvegas this years for something next year. We can easily accommodate their needs if we don't have anything else in the trading pipeline.