2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Reading article after article in the media, talk back radio etc by the end of it i was more convinced that we will 100% get what we are after. Do they not understand that Rioli is contracted, a 3 time premiership player, B&F winner. We aren't the ones looking to offload him, its the suns courting him all year. This deal will get done on OUR TERMS.

We will not accept only pick 6. Dimma wants Rioli badly that we know and if we compare the other contenders for pick 13.
Blues future first (at a guess 10-15) and future 2nd (30-35)
Pies future first (10-15) and Noble for picks 13 and 23 GTFO
Richmond, Rioli and a future 2nd (early 20's pick) for picks 6&13

The media carry on about blues and pies who's going to get this pick but Richmond would trump them on this trade suggestion. Or the worst case scenario which most of us believe we will get 6&23 (nothing going back)

John noble FFS he's an average campaigner he will add nothing that will drastically change them but Rioli will and GC know that.

Now on that basket case of a club Freo, their opening offer 10&18 and they say its fair they dont want to over pay. Its not supposed to be fair *smile* you want to take a contracted star player in his prime PAY OVERS. This is an easy one. The best deals are when you know deep down you can walk away and retain Bolton. Blair will walk if need be but Freo will fold and hand over 10&11
We do have options if for some reason it fell through. The eagles are wating in the wings with pick 3 which i would gladly take for Bolton. David Walls of Freo is he taking the *smile*, as if this deal is going to collapse over 7 spots. Pick 11 to 18

Baker i reckon it'll be a straight out pick 14 which the eagles will get for Barrass OR just putting this out there. Eagles split their pick, give us pick 3 and we give them Baker and one of either 10 or 11 (and maybe some other pick swaps)

I'm going to love the melts not only from oppo fans but the media too which have been on a crusade of out right negativity against us. I've seen nothing like it to this level when comparing with other players deals over many years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I think the offers have been:

Baker 14
Rioli 6
Bolton 10 & 18

So that's the minimum we can expect. I can see Baker definitely going for that and probably Bolton. I'd expect more for Rioli though, doubt it will be 13, maybe their 23. That would give us 6,10,14,18,23 plus our 1,24,32. I doubt Tigers would knock that scenario back as a minimum. 8 picks in the top 32, one quarter of all picks is amazing. I'd expect to somehow move a couple to next year's draft which would be perfect.

Reactions: 2 users
I think the offers have been:

Baker 14
Rioli 6
Bolton 10 & 18

So that's the minimum we can expect. I can see Baker definitely going for that and probably Bolton. I'd expect more for Rioli though, doubt it will be 13, maybe their 23. That would give us 6,10,14,18,23 plus our 1,24,32. I doubt Tigers would knock that scenario back as a minimum. 8 picks in the top 32, one quarter of all picks is amazing. I'd expect to somehow move a couple to next year's draft which would be perfect.
8 picks in the top 32 would be sweet as but I wouldn't be shifting any of them into next year. Reckon 8 is the minimum number of picks we need to take this year and the overall strength of this draft means there's still plenty of talent available at this range. With the number of decent later picks we'd still have available, we should be able to cobble together a decent future pick for next years draft.

Reactions: 1 user
8 picks in the top 32 would be sweet as but I wouldn't be shifting any of them into next year. Reckon 8 is the minimum number of picks we need to take this year and the overall strength of this draft means there's still plenty of talent available at this range. With the number of decent later picks we'd still have available, we should be able to cobble together a decent future pick for next years draft.
How good will it be for those 8 kids drafted together to the greatest club in the land with the best supporters.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
WA media like Vic media here seriously the propaganda machine rolls on. Tigers asleep at the wheel
😂
you can't make this *smile* up! We are not holding up anything, we have provided our terms so it's up to those clubs to meet our demands, especially on Rioli and Bolton

WA2.jpg

WA1.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
North will trade down imo.
Its why the talk is on Tauru flying up the charts and potentially 2.
But why do that if they can have 2 chomps on the cherry?
Can they get him at 10? Saints may select him first.
Smart trade is in the 5-10 mark. Dees, Saints or our 6.
Tauru is one of the very interesting stocks, fo sho, tigerdell. And Saints might be the ones that are on him.

Let's say it is the Saints. And that Thursfield wants him too. It puts Thursfield in a very narrow zone to trade down. And who can do the business then? And what if it turns out that the inscrutable Taylor is the one who is after Tauru. And he can't get another pick.

Hamish Ogilvie gets plenty of smalls wrong but maybe he can do talls and wants Tauru. If Thursfield trades down for Tauru and then misses it's a *smile* disaster. So maybe, just maybe, if Thursfield is into Tauru he has to take him at #2.

I reckon I can fix this roughly atm-

Lalor
FOS
Smith
Langford
Taylor's pick I can't get a read on
Smillie
Volatile stock Tauru?
Tauru?
Draper?

There is at least one other volatile stock that is moving in here. I can't get a read on it yet but I reckon something will give soon.

WA media like Vic media here seriously the propaganda machine rolls on. Tigers asleep at the wheel
😂
you can't make this *smile* up! We are not holding up anything, we have provided our terms so it's up to those clubs to meet our demands, especially on Rioli and Bolton

View attachment 24576

View attachment 24578
“Sheesh! Just hurry up and give Bolton and Baker to the WA clubs!”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Reading article after article in the media, talk back radio etc by the end of it i was more convinced that we will 100% get what we are after. Do they not understand that Rioli is contracted, a 3 time premiership player, B&F winner. We aren't the ones looking to offload him, its the suns courting him all year. This deal will get done on OUR TERMS.

We will not accept only pick 6. Dimma wants Rioli badly that we know and if we compare the other contenders for pick 13.
Blues future first (at a guess 10-15) and future 2nd (30-35)
Pies future first (10-15) and Noble for picks 13 and 23 GTFO
Richmond, Rioli and a future 2nd (early 20's pick) for picks 6&13

The media carry on about blues and pies who's going to get this pick but Richmond would trump them on this trade suggestion. Or the worst case scenario which most of us believe we will get 6&23 (nothing going back)

John noble FFS he's an average campaigner he will add nothing that will drastically change them but Rioli will and GC know that.

Now on that basket case of a club Freo, their opening offer 10&18 and they say its fair they dont want to over pay. Its not supposed to be fair *smile* you want to take a contracted star player in his prime PAY OVERS. This is an easy one. The best deals are when you know deep down you can walk away and retain Bolton. Blair will walk if need be but Freo will fold and hand over 10&11
We do have options if for some reason it fell through. The eagles are wating in the wings with pick 3 which i would gladly take for Bolton. David Walls of Freo is he taking the *smile*, as if this deal is going to collapse over 7 spots. Pick 11 to 18

Baker i reckon it'll be a straight out pick 14 which the eagles will get for Barrass OR just putting this out there. Eagles split their pick, give us pick 3 and we give them Baker and one of either 10 or 11 (and maybe some other pick swaps)

I'm going to love the melts not only from oppo fans but the media too which have been on a crusade of out right negativity against us. I've seen nothing like it to this level when comparing with other players deals over many years.
You are right it is going to be fun to see. Korn especially.
West Coast have made some room. Wdnt surprise to see one of Cumberland Dow or McIntosh* join Baker in the trade for 14.

Testing numbers? The gestapo keep that close to their chest.
Damn those fascist number oppressors, SA. Let us pray that Agent Spook can free them in the name of Truth and all that is holy.

Hey imo this is vodka class doublespeak fake news.
Comrade. All due respect comrade.

Whome? Toomee has great contacts, club and player managers. Gets crumbs and makes bread (like all true soviets, comrade).
But a judge of horseflesh?
He struggles with the fillies and the stallions are too toxic for him. Gelded? Maybe.
Twomey gets information and crafts a story. But he doesnt assess. Doesnt taste the bread.

Twomey rated Langford as possible #1. Did the RFC talk to HL? For sure we have, lots. Speed dial if that was still a thing.
And we have pick 1. Ergo. Quid pro dough.
But we'll get 6. Or 9. Or whatevs.
It has messed up the algorithm.
This year has gone quantum
I'm only doing a board because Twomey hasn't got a current one, td. I wouldn't waste the court's time otherwise. He is the most important impartial authority on who will go where and when. I totally agree with you on his player ratings - his commentary on players is just content.

I posted McGowan's commentary above because he is clearly getting scoop from at least one actual recruiter. Quite possibly from MFC. His comments on individual players are interesting because they are way too insightful at times and look informed. (Not his who goes where and when scoop. That's Twomey.) NB McGowan was first to foreshadow an early bid on Kako and attributed the bid to Taylor. Twomey is just catching up now. Different sources. McGowan is the primo source on this atm.

If an actual recruiter with a record gives us something that's the primo source IMO. Somebody like Caruso<McCartney. (Reford has quoted Caruso above. Gold. Lalor or FOS at #1. Mainstream rating.) Meanwhile it's Twomey for who goes where and, surprisingly to me, McGowan interesting for player insights and perhaps MFC scoop.

Reactions: 3 users
😂

View attachment 24576

View attachment 24578
Why are we the stubborn ones
How about Frockers and WetCoke just accept our demands

Reactions: 1 users
Very pleased the RFC is not bending the knee to Dimma, the GCS, the Frockers and their resident oompa loompa, the AFL and the sycophantic media.

Reid didn't test. Hurt himself in the GF.
Damn those fascist number oppressors to hell. Got any 20s on any of the small forwards like Berry et al? Hiyndes? Or Lindsay? Marshall? Got an old one for Kako?

PS Allan a volatile stock atm. Mail on PRE is that he could be targeted at say #11. My opinion is that he may very well go inside 10. Allan is volatile. But he has to be on the mainstream board at the latest at 11 atm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
"At last weekend’s draft combine, there was a strong sense the Roos are keen on exciting Gippsland Power utility Alix Tauru. One scout spoken to by foxfooty.com.au reckons the Roos are “infatuated” by the high-flying swingman." Ben Waterworth - Fox

Interesting on Tauru.

Here's the article which unfortunately refers frequently to Leigh Montagna's opinions. But is very interesting the rest of the time. Taylor's mischief with Kako looks like genius right now. Lulz.

😂
'the tigers are negotiating deals to trade out'.....incorrect - 'the other clubs are negotiating deals to trade in'

Reactions: 4 users
Damn those fascist number oppressors to hell. Got any 20s on any of the small forwards like Berry et al? Hiyndes? Or Lindsay? Marshall? Got an old one for Kako?

PS Allan a volatile stock atm. Mail on PRE is that he could be targeted at say #11. My opinion is that he may very well go inside 10. Allan is volatile. But he has to be on the mainstream board at the latest at 11 atm.
I'd hope Allan is on our board at 10 or 11, along with Berry.

Berry didn't test at the Combine (injured). Here's his pre-season results:
180.1cm, 72.5kg
Vertical (both): 70cm
Vertical L: 88cm
Vertical R: 86cm
5m: 1.165
10m: 1.843
20m: 3.026
Agility: 8.479
Yo-yo: 720

Lindsay also injured. Pre-season:
20m: 2.970
Vertical: 74cm
Agility: 8.718
Yo-yo: 760

Reid pre-season:
20m: 3.025
Vertical: 75cm
Agility: 8.390
Yo-yo: 1000

Can't find anything on Marshall or Hynes. Incidentally, Guy Smiley is now 195.5cm and possibly still growing.