2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Thank you. No scandals in those numbers, spook.

I'd hope Allan is on our board at 10 or 11, along with Berry.

Berry didn't test at the Combine (injured). Here's his pre-season results:
180.1cm, 72.5kg
Vertical (both): 70cm
Vertical L: 88cm
Vertical R: 86cm
5m: 1.165
10m: 1.843
20m: 3.026
Agility: 8.479
Yo-yo: 720

Lindsay also injured. Pre-season:
20m: 2.970
Vertical: 74cm
Agility: 8.718
Yo-yo: 760

Reid pre-season:
20m: 3.025
Vertical: 75cm
Agility: 8.390
Yo-yo: 1000

Can't find anything on Marshall or Hynes. Incidentally, Guy Smiley is now 195.5cm and possibly still growing.

On Smillie. McGowan's source is putting a slow on his strength at shin height. (I've been about to pose the question on his lawn work here for some time. I'm seeing a bit of that.) Does drop at times for loose. He doesn't win a huge amount of ball. Mmm.

In my opinion Smillie is smart, game and pretty with the ball. McGowan's source is saying HBF. Interesting. I reckon he might make a super HBF.

195.5cm, eh? You don't have to be truly a tall to play CHB. And anyway, is Smillie a tall? Is Smillie perhaps a glamour CHB?. Look at all the class he shows. I know it's a radical take. But yeah. In my opinion Smillie is nothing special at acquisition of loose right now. Ball on the lawn. Hence not necessarily an inside mid.

Enough of my radical takes. Back to concrete draft order for now. On Allan I reckon he's on lotsa club boards at #10/11. On the balance of our little mail and the zeitgeist. Is he one Taylor wants? Taylor type?

Reactions: 1 user
Smillie's weakness below his knees is why I've been a h8er all year. CHB is interesting.

Reactions: 1 users
Would we rather have a 27-year old Daniel Rioli, or an 18-year old Harvey Langford?
If I thought we would be a chance for the big dance in the next couple of years, Rioli without a doubt.

If I thought that we will be rebuilding over the next couple of years, turning over the list, losing a lot of experience and senior players, then it's a little less clear. Does Rioli bring experience and leadership that helps the development of the next group? If so, Yes - without a doubt Id rather we keep Rioli.

If we are going scorched earth, assuming we will be bottom dwellers for the next few years and dont value or care if the next crop of 'stars' develop without the benefit of 3-time premiership seniors guiding them, then its more line-ball ...

WA media like Vic media here seriously the propaganda machine rolls on. Tigers asleep at the wheel
😂
you can't make this *smile* up! We are not holding up anything, we have provided our terms so it's up to those clubs to meet our demands, especially on Rioli and Bolton

View attachment 24576

View attachment 24578
It is annoying to read that but let's deal with it from an RFC perspective

We finished bottom of the ladder and we have 4 players who probably leave who have won 10 premierships between them, including our vice Captain, an All Australian and our reigning best & Fairest. We have a list manager who is trying to maximise the return we get and the opportunity we have to rebuild from that situation.

When I read those articles, when I hear what the pundits are saying and I reflect on Blair's presser on Monday I am feeling satisfied with what is going on. One thing that we can be sure of is that we are squeezing out the best deals that we can get, they may well not be the deals some have fantasised about on here for the last month or so, but they will be good.

Reactions: 8 users

180.1cm, 72.5kg

Reid pre-season:

Can't find anything on Marshall or Hynes. Incidentally, Guy Smiley is now 195.5cm and possibly still growing.
The way Smillie is growing he could be a TDK type ruck

Reactions: 1 users

180.1cm, 72.5kg

Reid pre-season:

Reid has good numbers.

Can Smillie make it as a Forward?

If I thought we would be a chance for the big dance in the next couple of years, Rioli without a doubt.

If I thought that we will be rebuilding over the next couple of years, turning over the list, losing a lot of experience and senior players, then it's a little less clear. Does Rioli bring experience and leadership that helps the development of the next group? If so, Yes - without a doubt Id rather we keep Rioli.

If we are going scorched earth, assuming we will be bottom dwellers for the next few years and dont value or care if the next crop of 'stars' develop without the benefit of 3-time premiership seniors guiding them, then its more line-ball ...
The only thing I can think to add is, do we want experienced players who don’t want to be there. Leadership might not be great.

Anyone have any intel on this guy?

Pick 47
Xavier Ivisic

Xavier Ivisic

Midfielder, Forward
Ivisic has no trouble finding the ball on the inside and outside, and can consider himself stiff missing out on a national combine invite.
Club Geelong Falcons/Bell Park
State VIC
Height 180cm
DOB 06/01/2006

Clean Hands
Endurance
Ball Winning
Kicking
Hide

Ivisic was unlucky not to receive a national combine invite, but he was part of a group of prospects who completed medical testing over the testing weekend. A lightly-framed ball-winner who likely plays an outside midfield or half-forward role at the next level, Ivisic has had an impressive draft year that culminated in some strong performances at the national championships. The Geelong Amateur and Bell Park product kicked off his campaign with 27 disposals, 11 score involvements, five clearances and a goal in their win over South Australia and impressed with his tidy ball-use in his 24-disposal outing against the Allies. Ivisic’s strong running capacity allows him to get to good spots on the outside and his inside midfield craft has improved considerably as the year has gone on. After the national carnival he produced a near-perfect display for the Falcons against Oakleigh, hitting the target with 26 of his 27 disposals and recording six direct score assists on his way to a 161-point SuperCoach total. Ivisic has been prolific for Geelong Grammar at school level, including a huge return of 47 disposals in one game, and his six games for the Falcons were all at a high level.
2024 Coates Talent League 132 ranking points, 25.2 disposals, 6.2 clearances, 5.3 inside 50s, 5.3 marks, 4.2 clearances (6 games) 2024 National Champs 104 ranking points, 22.3 disposals, 5.5 score involvements, 4.5 marks, 3.5 clearances (4 games)
Xavier Ivisic

Xavier Ivisic

Midfielder, Forward
Ivisic has no trouble finding the ball on the inside and outside, and can consider himself stiff missing out on a natio
Kicking
Hide

Ivisic was unlucky not to receive a national combine invite, but he was part of a group of prospects who completed medical testing over the testing weekend. A lightly-framed ball-winner who likely plays an outside midfield or half-forward role at the next level, Ivisic has had an impressive draft year that culminated in some strong performances at the national championships. The Geelong Amateur and Bell Park product kicked off his campaign with 27 disposals, 11 score involvements, five clearances and a goal in their win over South Australia and impressed with his tidy ball-use in his 24-disposal outing against the Allies. Ivisic’s strong running capacity allows him to get to good spots on the outside and his inside midfield craft has improved considerably as the year has gone on. After the national carnival he produced a near-perfect display for the Falcons against Oakleigh, hitting the target with 26 of his 27 disposals and recording six direct score assists on his way to a 161-point SuperCoach total. Ivisic has been prolific for Geelong Grammar at school level, including a huge return of 47 disposals in one game, and his six games for the Falcons were all at a high level.
2024 Coates Talent League 132 ranking points, 25.2 disposals, 6.2 clearances, 5.3 inside 50s, 5.3 marks, 4.2 clearances (6 games) 2024 National Champs 104 ranking points, 22.3 disposals, 5.5 score involvements, 4.5 marks, 3.5 clearances (4 games)

Pick 47
Xavier Ivisic

Xavier Ivisic

Midfielder, Forward
Ivisic has no trouble finding the ball on the inside and outside, and can consider himself stiff missing out on a national combine invite.
State VIC
Height 180cm
DOB 06/01/2006

Clean Hands
Endurance
Ball Winning
Kicking
Hide

Xavier Ivisic

Xavier Ivisic
Midfielder, Forward

Ivisic has no trouble finding the ball on the inside and outside, and can consider himself stiff missing out on a natio

Kicking

Hide

2024 Coates Talent League 132 ranking points, 25.2 disposals, 6.2 clearances, 5.3 inside 50s, 5.3 marks, 4.2 clearances (6 games) 2024 National Champs 10 ranking points, 22.3 disposals, 5.5 score involvements, 4.5 marks, 3.5 clearances (4 games)

He will get overlooked by everyone, Geelong will draft him and he will be a star.

Reactions: 6 users

Pick 47
Xavier Ivisic

Xavier Ivisic

Midfielder, Forward
State VIC
Height 180cm
DOB 06/01/2006

Clean Hands
Endurance
Ball Winning
Kicking
Hide

Xavier Ivisic

Xavier Ivisic
Midfielder, Forward

Kicking

Hide

Yeah have mentioned him a couple of times before. Be a solid pick from about 30-35 onwards. Has some traits, smart player.

Reactions: 2 users
On Big Willie Smillie. Slightly different view that's being spoke about on here.

Actually think his ground ball game is quite OK. Maybe even a sneaky strength. He's clean below his knees and uses it well by hand/foot.

He has two bigger areas to work on ILO.

Firstly his running capacity, in particular burst running from contest to contest and he doesn't yet know how to use his size and strength. Plays a bit nice still. Love to see him embrace physicality and contact more, especially when he has the ball.

Very high ceiling if he can get those latter two up to scratch.

Reactions: 4 users