2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Some talk that Draper has back issues as well as some off-field concerns and could be a big slider. Red flags if the Camrys pass him up I reckon.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Right now Thursfield knows pretty much who we're looking at and knows who he wants. He's strong. Clarke knows, and is considering Smith. Ogilvie might know who Clarke is stalking. So he's got a good idea of who he can get.

Let's say the order is Ashcroft, Lalor, FOS, Smith, Langford today. Try that on. Suppose that's the feeling round clubs too. Just suppose that. You'd expect RFC to be contacting Smillie. What's that? They have been in contact with him? RFC linked to Smillie?

Have we got five roughly in place?

Lalor
FOS
Smith
Langford
Don't know. Taylor throwing off about Kako. Tauru? Smillie?
Smillie
Tauru?
Draper?

Starting to look like a shape. Is this roughly the shape that clubs are working on as they trade up and down the board? Is this firming up?
Add Reid to that mix.

And he had a very big GF. Maybe we'll land him and he can honour the yellow and black.
Don't forget he is very young.

I just think if we want a tall, inside ball winner he has runs on the board and great scope for improvement. Adding to that is the fact that we could get him with a pick in the late 20's through 30's. I'd rather use the earlier picks on the Lindsay, Hotton, Hannaford types.

Personally I think Jack Ough will furnish into a beauty.

Reactions: 5 users
Imagine if Freo and GC do fold. Lolz. And then we nail the picks. And we are in a Prelim in two years. Lolz.

I just think if we want a tall, inside ball winner he has runs on the board and great scope for improvement. Adding to that is the fact that we could get him with a pick in the late 20's through 30's. I'd rather use the earlier picks on the Lindsay, Hotton, Hannaford types.

Yes..I have posted before.
Ough is poised...calm..skilled..tall and tallented.
He could be a top class mid..dont know if he gets the ball enough...but if so, he would be a great pick. I said before he has the poise of Fyfe.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Any of the tall forwards from Tassie?
Richmond is missing a Tassie player in the forward line kicking snags

Reactions: 4 users

He's a year younger than Jagga Smith? I'm heavily biased towards bottom agers and against top agers, The Umpire. I won't take a lot of convincing! Not to say I get many right. You'll have to carry me.

Thats it. I'm in on Ough.

Reactions: 1 users
Ough is apparently pronounced "Ow" (yes I'd tell everyone that too if I was him) so we should draft him & pick up Owies just for the potential commentary -"ough , Ough OUGH OWIEEEES!-GOAL! Oh now that's gotta hurt!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Tauru is exactly what we need. Guy is going to be a high flying marking machine that will excite supporters. Intercept defender or contested marking beast up forward.

Some talk that Draper has back issues as well as some off-field concerns and could be a big slider. Red flags if the Camrys pass him up I reckon.
Not sure where this “troubled player” rumour is coming from? Sounds like Chinese whispers to me. This from ESPN today. Sound like trouble to you?

2. Sid Draper (2)

South Adelaide/South Australia

MID, 182cm

2024 Champs: 4 games, 21.0 disposals, 3.8 clearances, 2.8 marks

SANFL: 6 games, 22.2 disposals, 4.7 clearances, 6.2 tackles

Draper didn't test at the combine with a minor back complaint, but met with a host of clubs on the weekend. His stoppage craft and ability to hurt the opposition in space makes Draper a safe prospect with a huge ceiling. Recruiters rave about his professionalism and he's as likely as any prospect to captain an AFL club. Draper's draft range is locked into the top 10 after impressive performances at SANFL level, proving the Panthers' best midfielder against tough opposition.

Best traits similar to: Chad Warner

Reactions: 5 users
Not sure where this “troubled player” rumour is coming from? Sounds like Chinese whispers to me. This from ESPN today. Sound like trouble to you?

2. Sid Draper (2)

South Adelaide/South Australia

MID, 182cm

2024 Champs: 4 games, 21.0 disposals, 3.8 clearances, 2.8 marks

SANFL: 6 games, 22.2 disposals, 4.7 clearances, 6.2 tackles

Draper didn't test at the combine with a minor back complaint, but met with a host of clubs on the weekend. His stoppage craft and ability to hurt the opposition in space makes Draper a safe prospect with a huge ceiling. Recruiters rave about his professionalism and he's as likely as any prospect to captain an AFL club. Draper's draft range is locked into the top 10 after impressive performances at SANFL level, proving the Panthers' best midfielder against tough opposition.

Best traits similar to: Chad Warner
"If" the crows pass on him then its a red flag.
But we should have him under full consideration

Reactions: 1 user
If we end up with 1 and 6 and 10 (which seems most likely), then I wonder how much value the club puts on the right balance of midfielders with these three picks. I feel like Smith might be the preferred number 1 (in isolation), but if Murphy Reid was available at 10, would they want both? How much of a gap is there between Smith and Reid? If the club was confident Reid might be there at 10, then would they go FOS at 1, then Langford at 6 and Reid at 10? A nice mix of different midfielder types.

Ough is apparently pronounced "Ow" (yes I'd tell everyone that too if I was him) so we should draft him & pick up Owies just for the potential commentary -"ough , Ough OUGH OWIEEEES!-GOAL! Oh now that's gotta hurt!"
This whole draft is nickname city.

Right now Thursfield knows pretty much who we're looking at and knows who he wants. He's strong. Clarke knows, and is considering Smith. Ogilvie might know who Clarke is stalking. So he's got a good idea of who he can get.

Let's say the order is Ashcroft, Lalor, FOS, Smith, Langford today. Try that on. Suppose that's the feeling round clubs too. Just suppose that. You'd expect RFC to be contacting Smillie. What's that? They have been in contact with him? RFC linked to Smillie?

Have we got five roughly in place?

Lalor
FOS
Smith
Langford
Don't know. Taylor throwing off about Kako. Tauru? Smillie?
Smillie
Tauru?
Draper?

Starting to look like a shape. Is this roughly the shape that clubs are working on as they trade up and down the board? Is this firming up?
North will trade down imo.
Its why the talk is on Tauru flying up the charts and potentially 2.
But why do that if they can have 2 chomps on the cherry?
Can they get him at 10? Saints may select him first.
Smart trade is in the 5-10 mark. Dees, Saints or our 6.

Can they get Trainor too? How far back does his concussion push him? 15 - 20? Crazy for a top 3 pick. Who could be a total injury write off.

7 and 14 for 2 ?
I dunno, this could be FOS for Berry and Allan, where the 2 quality players outweigh one elite

Lindsay, Hotton, Berry, Allan.
Great options in the 8-14 range.
Would love 2 of these 4

Twomey may not be much of a judge but he rated him #1. Twomey is no radical. We fans may not rate him but Langford could go #1. RFC invited him to play at the club. #2? 3? #4? Right in it. Mainstream.
Hey imo this is vodka class doublespeak fake news.
Comrade. All due respect comrade.

Whome? Toomee has great contacts, club and player managers. Gets crumbs and makes bread (like all true soviets, comrade).
But a judge of horseflesh?
He struggles with the fillies and the stallions are too toxic for him. Gelded? Maybe.
Twomey gets information and crafts a story. But he doesnt assess. Doesnt taste the bread.

Twomey rated Langford as possible #1. Did the RFC talk to HL? For sure we have, lots. Speed dial if that was still a thing.
And we have pick 1. Ergo. Quid pro dough.
But we'll get 6. Or 9. Or whatevs.
It has messed up the algorithm.
This year has gone quantum

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users