2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Nah he clearly has the best intel on trades as well ILO Dell.

Most of the other journo's don't have his links so just copy what he says.
I think it comes down to him being a decent bloke and not shitting on his sources , no doubt McClure and Browne have pissed of a few in the trade

Reactions: 1 user
If we keep pick 6...

How's Jay Clark talking down Shai with his 'struggled for consistency' nonsense. He's been All Australian, and in the last five years his B&F finishes have been 4th (in premiership year), 4th, 4th, 3rd, 5th. Yeah, real inconsistent. And he was leading goal kicker this year, while being top-10 in the comp for centre bounce clearance percentage. The media gaslighting is a disgrace.
Yeah, we was in AA contention this year until we started getting thrashed. Even then he was still one of the best forward/mids in the league, until as a club we gave up with 4 weeks to go, and he barely left the F50.
Still only 25.

Cornes up to his old tricks anything to do with Richmond surely just for clicks!

Why is he even getting involved in clubs trading? I don't recall him mentioning anything about the deal between Geelong and the Gold Coast Suns with the cats getting Jack Bowes and pick 7 for simply taking over the players contract.
He literally wrote an article about it

1728432433855.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, we was in AA contention this year until we started getting thrashed. Even then he was still one of the best forward/mids in the league, until as a club we gave up with 4 weeks to go, and he barely left the F50.
Still only 25.
Awesome player in a good team… but..

He checked out, wouldn’t play to our structures (if we had them?!) , became self focused, broke team rules, started talking to Freo……. All this goes away when he crosses the border….. to WC/Freo.

Back to AA $hai…. So it’s time to pay!

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Stan

Reactions: 1 users
Bolton is an Elite Forward/Mid one of the best in the AFL is worth every bit of 2 picks under 10.
He is contracted.
As Blair said you want him - show us what you got.
10 & 18 is not enough.

Preaching to the choir as we know but.... wide open expanse, top line grunt feeding him, roving to a beast CHF.... the only thing he STILL has to sort is waywardness in front of the sticks. He will tear it up.

Great question.

IMHO of all the top shelf draftees , I think these 2 are totally opposite in potential AFL careers , I think Langford will be a very good 200 gamer , Smillie could be a star or a 50 gamer
Would we take either @2 though?
Up against
Jagga/Lalor/Draper

13. Alix Tauru (23)

Tauru is garnering consideration from North Melbourne at pick 2, such is his meteoric rise.

• Wow
Ha ha ha Cornes.

Says Freo should go after Owies not Bolton and keep their picks.

Says Rioli shouldn't be pursued by GC for 6 and 23.

Moron rings up and says spot on, GC should go after James Worpel to support their midfield!!! WTF, Worpel wouldn't get a game for them if all available.
It's off the charts. You've got every man and his dog in the AFL led media talking our prospective draft picks and their values down.

It's like one big massive pile on.
Yet no one batted an eye lid when GC give up pick 7 and Bowes to Geelong.

The hate is real and they are all losing their minds on what we might end up with.

Reactions: 2 users
I heard this dude ring up SEN yesterday saying he was totally over all the anti Richmond bias with the AFL and various people on SEN. He said he was so frustrated that if this was how the AFL and media were gonna play, then Richmond should spread the pain and shut up shop on Rioli and Bolton, keep all our current picks and then bid on Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako, Marshall. That way, Freo, GC, Brisbane, Essendon all get to feel the bias ricochet, complain their guts out to the AFL, and the AFL realises it's compromised its interstate darlings that it's so desperate to see succeed.

It had some merit hah hah hah...
Heard it as well. Maher was left speechless (incredible I know) and Gaze mumbled like he always does.

Reactions: 3 users
13. Alix Tauru (23)

Tauru is garnering consideration from North Melbourne at pick 2, such is his meteoric rise.
Not surprising - they were all over Trainor until the concussion concerns. Good result for us - will leave a better choice of mids at 6.

Nah he clearly has the best intel on trades as well ILO Dell.

Most of the other journo's don't have his links so just copy what he says.
He does.

Just mentioned that we wont get pick 13 as part of the GC deal. Its Pick 6 and something on the fringes.

We are also clear front runners for Brisbanes pick 20.

Langford is the bloke who doesn't get enough air on PRE IMO.

He gets numbers. He runs toward goal. He uses toward goal. He kicks goals and wins leather. Built for the game. Can pick it up off the lawn. Slow? Some players are.

His sole VFL outing was underwhelming. The kids often struggle in the first VFL hit out and then rally the next one. Langford looks a certainty to pass Travaglia who got 20 in that game. And is as slow as Langford.

I think Langford is on boards as early as #1. Maybe even ours.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Bolton is an Elite Forward/Mid one of the best in the AFL is worth every bit of 2 picks under 10.
He is contracted.
As Blair said you want him - show us what you got.
10 & 18 is not enough.
10 and 18 will likely work out to be 12 and 21 after Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako are bid on.

That is just simply not good enough. Bolton stays based on that *smile* offer.

Reactions: 9 users
13. Alix Tauru (23)

hence why they're looking at trading #2

Reactions: 1 users
Langford is the bloke who doesn't get enough air on PRE IMO.

He gets numbers. He runs toward goal. He uses toward goal. He kicks goals and wins leather. Built for the game. Can pick it up off the lawn. Slow? Some players are.

His sole VFL outing was underwhelming. The kids often struggle in the first VFL hit out and then rally the next one. Langford looks a certainty to pass Travaglia who got 20 in that game. And is as slow as Langford.

I think Langford is on boards as early as #1. Maybe even ours.
Langford is the most like Bont

• Dislike
It's getting out atm that Tauru will go earlier than Twomey's August board had tipped.

Twomey is to some extent a pawn in the shadow boxing of recruiters as they try to get intel on the rankings of their rivals. This gets leaked from here, that gets leaked from there. He updates his board with the leaked intel from many sources (mainly connections of draftees - he knows millions of them).

It's possible that Twomey got it wrong in August. About Tauru. And just didn't have the intel about say Melbourne rating him #4. Or StK rating him #5. It's also possible that a couple of clubs have cooled on some of the smalls and are willing to take a risk on an athletic tall earlier. (Murphy Ried's stocks probably plummeted based on an event - the CTL GF.)

Most likely is that a club or two that had him at a possible #18 now sees that there are other clubs who will take him at #10. And that club plans to take him at #7.

When we say that Tauru is rocketing up the board it's possible that Twomey just didn't know the club that was sweating on him when he listed back in August. And got it wrong. But just as likely IMO that clubs are responding to intel on the interest of rival clubs.

Games within games.