2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Theyll manipulate the draft order to try and stretch our picks.

Over the odds compo to be dealt for ordinary players is one easy way.
We usually joke about this stuff, but with 8 picks in top 25 and if other clubs start sooking.....watch out!

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
We usually joke about this stuff, but with 8 picks in top 25 and if other clubs start sooking.....watch out!
They fail to remember that we are in fact losing 2 extremely valuable, 1 very good and 1 good player that would walk into any teams best 22.

Reactions: 5 users
After today’s disappointing AFL decision regarding Jack Graham, here’s what we’re realistically looking at. I know we would like better

• Baker: Pick 14
  • Shai: Picks 10 and 18
  • Dan: Picks 6 and 23.
We might also get pick 19 ? from the Paddle Pops.
Even with the current picks, there’s a lot of potential to bring in some talented players. It’s all about making the most of the opportunities we have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The AFL led media bias against us is beginning to bubble to the surface as all these transactions that we're involved in begin to get discussed more and more.

Just about all of them have us having to take unders on everything.
You know AFL House can't think for itself on any issue whatsoever. They're like Donald Trump watching Fox News all day.

On Nathan Foley he was top of the comp for pure clearance power when right. He was super quick outside but he could just pounce when inside. Explosive. I wonder what he tested for 5m. I reckon he might have come in real quick there. He was a big loss and we'd kill for another one, with longevity.
My favourite pre-dynasty player (after Richo)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
The media semmingly hell bent on talking down the Tigers position in these trades.

Why is every ither trade praised pumped up and legitimised by these sucks and every time the RFC is mentioned we are expecting too much and should settle for little.

How about Shittbirdwood settle for a pick in the 20s for Noble cos he aint worth 13.

Bolton is a star an elite damage player in a quality side, but yeah dont ask too much Richmond.

Baker dual Premiership plater, Bolton dual premiership player and Rioli 3 time Premiership player and Jack Dyer Medallist with years to run on good coin as is Bolton but hey just take what your given.

F#%@! all thes wankers.

Pay Up Malakaaas or GAGF

Media spoke to Freo recruiting guy Robert Walls son David Walls and asked about Bolton and he said something along the lines we would like to keep one of our top picks from our 3 first-rounders and the media vultures went with 10 and 18.

Blair has given the media zilch but I have no doubt Blair will get 10&11
You will pay what we ask for Walls and that is 10 and 11 (below link should open from the West Australian)

Fremantle list boss David Walls insist Dockers won't be overpaying despite high asking price for Shai Bolton​

https://archive.md/MSBfw

Reactions: 1 users
Media spoke to Freo recruiting guy Robert Walls son David Walls and asked about Bolton and he said something along the lines we would like to keep one of our top picks from our 3 first-rounders and the media vultures went with 10 and 18.

Blair has given the media zilch but I have no doubt Blair will get 10&11
You will pay what we ask for Walls and that is 10 and 11 (below link should open from the West Australian)

Fremantle list boss David Walls insist Dockers won't be overpaying despite high asking price for Shai Bolton​

https://archive.md/MSBfw
Honestly, the cheek of these clubs. You have attempted to poach one of our best players who’s under contract on big $$ for another 3 years and you are baulking at paying overs.
They have promised Shai they will get the deal done so no turning back for them now.

• Angry
Reactions: 9 users
Imagine if Freo and GC do fold. Lolz. And then we nail the picks. And we are in a Prelim in two years. Lolz.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
What about Bolton and our pick 14 for dockers 10 11 and 18. That way we get 10 and 11 and our 14 drops to 18. Freo give up 10 and 11 but upgrade their 18 four spots to no 14

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Imagine if Freo and GC do fold. Lolz. And then we nail the picks. And we are in a Prelim in two years. Lolz.
Better yet, imagine Freo don't and we trade Bolton to WC next year to get Reid while they're still stuck mid table, desperately paying overs for the overrated & injury prone serial grand final choker Warner and offering us a second rounder for Steely Green that we knock back because he's one of the steak knives in the Bolton-Reid trade .(y)

Reactions: 1 user
After today’s disappointing AFL decision regarding Jack Graham, here’s what we’re realistically looking at. I know we would like better

• Baker: Pick 14
  • Shai: Picks 10 and 18
  • Dan: Picks 6 and 23.
We might also get pick 19 ? from the Paddle Pops.
Even with the current picks, there’s a lot of potential to bring in some talented players. It’s all about making the most of the opportunities we have.

Bolton 10&11 or deal off, we walk. If they truly want him, they must pay up. He's 25, contracted and a match-winner.

Reactions: 2 users
We have to absolutely nail this draft if this happens. Plenty of misses in the top 25 over the years… actually more misses than hits probably. Anyway it’s our best chance to get back up the ladder so - going all in!!

Reactions: 1 user