2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Wow does Freo really want to bring in top end talent or will they remain a team just happy to being thereabouts.

It's 10&11 or no deal.
Option 2, get him to west coast for pick 3. Worst case we hold on to him!

DEES EYE SECOND TOP PICK

Melbourne has its eyes on acquiring another first-round pick as it looks to load up at this year’s talent-stacked national draft.

The Demons, as it stands, hold their natural first-round selection (Pick 5) after their disappointing 2024 campaign.

But Melbourne is keen for a second early pick in this year’s draft, to the point where it’s prepared to trade away its future first-rounder.

“This is an outstanding draft. We’d love another pick. We think it’s a ripper to be involved in,” Melbourne list boss Tim Lamb said.

The Demons have their eyes on one of Fremantle’s first-round selections (either Pick 10 or 11), while they’re also among a host of clubs in the race for Gold Coast’s prized Pick 13.

Fremantle is open to a trade, with list boss David Walls suggesting his club was keen on turning one of its three 2024 first-rounders (Picks 10, 11 and 18) into a 2025 first-rounder selection.

That’s definitely a chance. There’s a lot of clubs keen to get back in so we’ll see what happens at the end of trade period and see how many of the first-rounders we’re still holding and if we’ve traded or not,” Walls told AFL Trade Radio on Monday.

“If we’re still holding three, we’d definitely look to roll one forward because we think there’s a strong market for it and we could get overs.”

But Fremantle’s willingness to trade with Melbourne could come down to their pursuit of contracted Tiger Shai Bolton.

The Dockers, according to The Age, are prepared to use Picks 11 and 18 in a trade for contracted Tiger Bolton – who’s keen to join the WA club – but won’t hand over Picks 10 and 11 for the Richmond goalkicker.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
At his best Parish is worth pick 1 IMO.
For all the naysayers on Parish, at his best (2021) he went -

- over 30 touches a game (8th in mids)
- 1st for CC per game of all mids (averaged 3.78, as a reference Danger was 4th and averaged 2.9)
- 4th for i50's
- 3rd for SI (Petracca led but played much more forward)
- 9th for GA's
- 3rd for Clearances
- 9th for Contested possessions
- 38th for clangers per game

He is a gun at his best, a top 5 mid in the comp, injuries and playing with that rabble have not aided his career.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
It’s not about winning sprints but a great player with speed will always beat a great player who is not quick.
Do you appreciate how Rioli and Bolton use their speed to break away out of congestion? Well we’re losing both and it doesn’t appear we’re in a position to replace that.
I’d be adding in Draper to the mix as it’s something we now severely lack.
Rioli & Bolton ain't full time mids.

Of course speed is important, but it ain't the be all and end all.

Jagga has plenty of speed, and better still the agility and awareness to create space.

He is a gun at his best, a top 5 mid in the comp
No way, Jazzy. Bont, Daicos, Cripps, Neale, Heeney, Warner, Young, Serong, Petracca, Oliver, LDU, Butters, JHF, Yeo, Kelly, Libba and plenty of others have him covered easily.

Reactions: 4 users
Given the Graham compo, and other clubs being arseholes, we may go from potentially 6 picks in the top 30, to 6 in the entire draft.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Given the Graham compo, and other clubs being arseholes, we may go from potentially 6 picks in the top 30, to 6 in the entire draft.
But. We were having picks 1 - 2 - 3 - 6 - 10 - 14 - 20 - 21 and a whole heap more. What's going on? I'm all confused now.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
1,6,10,13,18,23, 24, 32, 42, 43, 45, 51, 61, 70, 76

Rioli 6 & 23
Baker 13
Bolton 10 & 18

Based on worst case - it is still a massive haul

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
No way, Jazzy. Bont, Daicos, Cripps, Neale, Heeney, Warner, Young, Serong, Petracca, Oliver, LDU, Butters, JHF, Yeo, Kelly, Libba and plenty of others have him covered easily.
Parish came from nowhere in 2021 and his form that year had him easily Top 5 mid of that year. I think playing for that rabble has not helped his profile or career. The rest you name have mostly spent time in teams at the pointy end. None of the yonger guys named have produced numbers like Parish did in 2021. Nor many of the older ones.

Anyway, I think Jagga can be a similar type, a good balance of inside and outside the contest as well as getting involved in scoring chains.

Parish came from nowhere in 2021 and his form that year had him easily Top 5 mid of that year. I think playing for that rabble has not helped his profile or career. The rest you name have mostly spent time in teams at the pointy end. None of the yonger guys named have produced numbers like Parish did in 2021. Nor many of the older ones.

Anyway, I think Jagga can be a similar type, a good balance of inside and outside the contest as well as getting involved in scoring chains.
Numbers, shnumbers. They're all better than One-Off Parish.

If Jagga ends up having the impact of Parish no way could you take him early.

Parish has always been a low impact footballer ILO.

Jagga will end up a lot better. Way more class and agility.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
1,6,10,13,18,23, 24, 32, 42, 43, 45, 51, 61, 70, 76

Rioli 6 & 23
Baker 13
Bolton 10 & 18

Based on worst case - it is still a massive haul
Thats going to be my lotto numbers
1st division here i come
*DYOR gambling is a wealth hazard

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Despite having the number 1 pick, at this stage and I do accept that there's still a lot of water to go under the bridge, this is shaping up to be a disastrous draft for Richmond.

• Haha
  • Love
  • Dislike
Despite having the number 1 pick, at this stage and I do accept that there's still a lot of water to go under the bridge, this is shaping up to be a disastrous draft for Richmond.
How so?
Theres over a week of trading to go

Sheer incompetence!

Compo Pick 42

We are going to be so under the cap why couldn't our club say to the eagles up his contract we'll pay X amount towards it so we can get a better compo pic.