2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

2 ball winning mids Cotchin Dusty
2 fast wingers Edwards Castagna
2 Tall fowards that move and can mark.
2 defenders that no how to defend

They’re not a quick lot this year.
Dusty and Cotchin well under 3 seconds and they were never particularly known for their speed, although both had breakaway power.
Midfielders this year with no express pace is a worry

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
In all likelihood Ashcroft will get called out at pick 1 which takes some heat off the Richmond player, that can only be a good thing.
Welcome back BH.

your thoughts on Lalor given the speculation is we are deciding between FOS and him?

FOS Lalor and Jagster with a couple of slick skilled outside runners to zing the ball around.

What about the likes of Gerreyn and Tauru as athletic Talls with high ceilings.

Risk versus reward, I don't think you can pick for upside at 1, there has to be an element of conservatism. There's overall production to consider and he lags Smith by quite some margin, there's also a hip concern plaguing O'Sullivan.
Lids was a conservative pick.

Would love both. Hannaford is a little terrier. Brent Daniels mould.
Do they do a test for getting head high frees for those small forwards?
We seriously need one or two. It’s a couple of cheap goals a game and we haven’t had an elite ducker since Jake King and Anthony Miles .

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
We seriously need one or two. It’s a couple of cheap goals a game and we haven’t had an elite ducker since Jake King and Anthony Miles .
If we had one they'd be retired in a year from concussions and zero free kicks for

Reactions: 3 users
He didn’t play forward, but Grimes was pretty good at it. Maybe learned a thing or two from Pushup.

We have to take Armstrong, I'd rather 195cm than a 200cm key forward. This is the point whereby we need an ironclad plan, whether that involves pick 6 which is a tad bit early looking at the mids on offer. If Bolton yields 2 picks in the 10-15 range then we trade up and trade down with the second pick - something like pick 9 & 20 for pick 11 & 13.

No way would you move back a pick from 13 to 20 to move another up from 11 to 9 in this draft.

And definitely not to take a someone who projects as a lead-up 2nd/3rd tall forward who gets very little elevation.

Reckon Armstrong is one of the riskier picks in this draft with a higher chance of busting than most.

Especially with so much quality midfield, small/medium forward and defensive intercept/running talent around that 6 to 15 pick mark.

Reactions: 5 users
No way would you move back a pick from 13 to 20 to move another up from 11 to 9 in this draft.

And definitely not to take a someone who projects as a lead-up 2nd/3rd tall forward who gets very little elevation.

Reckon Armstrong is one of the riskier picks in this draft with a higher chance of busting than most.

Especially with so much quality midfield, small/medium forward and defensive intercept/running talent around that 6 to 15 pick mark.
Every Armstrong review/article talks about his contested marking and that one classic in the champs metrovcountry.
Take a look. He doesn't get first hands to it and he claims the second grab. His best standout mark and its a double clutch. And it should never have been paid.

No busting the pack. No riding high.
Armstrong is highly rated but i reckon for all the wrong reasons

Reactions: 2 users
My man Kayle Gerreyn was 6th in the agility, not bad for a big lump of a kid, 199cm and 99 kg's.
Great agility and we know he has a good ground game.

I'm interested in his leap results. He's a big egg. Can he get liftoff?