2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I think it shows people are underestimating where Langford will go.

Or that they have him too high and he will
get drafted at a rating that more befits his ability.

Of course, without playing a game all these experts will magically change their ranking once club info firms up where he is more likely to go.

Reactions: 3 users

Of course, without playing a game all these experts will magically change their ranking once club info firms up where he is more likely to go.
I don't know who we'll pick at 1 but the one media person who would have the best idea, twomey, has us taking Langford, Lalor, Smith or FOS, so Langford appears to be in the mix

Where do you see him going?

I don't know who we'll pick at 1 but the one media person who would have the best idea, twomey, has us taking Langford, Lalor, Smith or FOS, so Langford appears to be in the mix
I'd hazard a guess that Twomey uses his convos and adds them all up.
Convo with player agent - we've spoken to Richmond seven times
With RFC - Player x is a very.good player
With Shifter Sheahan - he is a top 5 pick for sure! (Said for 15 players)

So Twomey sees our interest and identifies our targets for pick 1.
Except this year we will have multiple early picks. Toce and the team are preparing for the full draft hand.
Its confusing Twomey and his system.

We may have Langford at 6 or 10.
And are doing our due diligence

Reactions: 2 users
It's great to hear that there are some future leaders among the top draftees but even if we select the right ones, 18 year olds will require development & mentorship to harness those qualities as snr AFL players.
Chris Newman for example was great for Cotchin (outstanding leader) when he came into the system.
Who's going to help these kids flourish into our next generation of leaders.

Was really disappointing to read/hear many of our current youngsters had dropped off in standards a bit.
Another reflection (not just on Yze) but the lack of snr leadership within the playing group currently.

I agree. If anything I would be selling. Eg pick 18 (Brisbane for a f1 and f2). I reckon the hawks and bombers would jump.
Not many clubs looking to trade out of this draft. The general consensus is that next year’s draft is very shallow at this stage.

In that case I’d rather keep pick 18 than trade it for Essendon or Hawthorn F1 & F2 picks.

We've got 2-3 years left in Prestia Broad Vlas Nank (Quinten and Hopper too I spose) to get the new era up to speed. The JDM absolutely rammed home the reality now. Club needs to get back to the HW era standards that's for sure, and as Reds said we need to draft leaders as well as talented players.

Never said he was the next Rance, he isn’t.

The similarity is the way people concentrate on the things he does wrong and miss what he does right, which as a defender is plenty.
Rance was well and truly AA by 100 games.
Balta is a long way off Rance as a defender.
Pick 2 and a future 1st for Balta.
I would certainly consider it.

Actually Alex Rance had played 107 games before he was named AA.
And was the age Balta was this year.

You would have to just take it, too good an offer but I think that is zero chance of actually happening.