2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I wouldn’t be giving away multiple first rounds picks to climb the draft order. We have all seen how much use a Harley Reid or a Sheezel is to a rubbish team. We need a whole new squad, multiple highish picks, not one exceptional player.

Reactions: 4 users
I wouldn’t be giving away multiple first rounds picks to climb the draft order. We have all seen how much use a Harley Reid or a Sheezel is to a rubbish team. We need a whole new squad, multiple highish picks, not one exceptional player.
Yep, they are both about as useful as Cotch was to us until about 2012. But he turned out alright.

Reactions: 1 user
good call.

but for those saying there is no way we should look to trade 2 picks for a top 3 selection, why arent they suggesting trading pick 1 for a couple of lower 1st rd picks?
Probably because nobody has two lower first round picks at this stage so not much sense discussing it.

theres absolutely no way im gonna argue against jagga Smith

and yes, it is moot, because will call him at 1.

I thought I wasn't splitting pick 6?
Ha, I love how posters will say Jagga or FOS will definitely be pick 1 yet none of us have a clue really as far as I know. I would be surprised if it is anyone outside of those two although Draper would be close if he was a Victorian I assume.

Reactions: 1 user
Ha, I love how posters will say Jagga or FOS will definitely be pick 1 yet none of us have a clue really as far as I know. I would be surprised if it is anyone outside of those two although Draper would be close if he was a Victorian I assume.

Jagga no1. is based on evidence and logic.

On form, him and ashcroft are clear 1 and 2 (in almost all rankings)

And we cant have ashcroft

So we do have a clue, because they dont play the championships behind closed doors with no cameras

Reactions: 2 users
So who is the bigger injury risk in your mind, FOS or Lalor and why ? I am a big Lalor fan as well but I would think a 10 week hammy is of more concern than anything FOS has had so far.
Two things,

1) FOS has had contact injuries, breaks in fingers, hip issues, smaller body, limited training. Lot of positive stuff that can be fixed.
2)Lalor - or Mudguts as @Redford calls him, needs to get fit. Reckon his injuries are from fitness, not body. But Lalor has played elite cricket and footy, maybe overloaded the body. Huge scope for improvement.

Both are super talents, I see them playing similar roles. FOS is better in the air, 1 on 1 in the square he will be a nightmare. The way the Swans point to a spot and kick it to Heenay, I could see FOS doing that. Lalor will just monster people 1 on 1, with physical power. Both play the same role but differently.

Both will play forward -mids to start. Not sure either end up full time mids for at least 4-5 years.

Reactions: 3 users
Two things,

1) FOS has had contact injuries, breaks in fingers, hip issues, smaller body, limited training. Lot of positive stuff that can be fixed.
2)Lalor - or Mudguts as @Redford calls him, needs to get fit. Reckon his injuries are from fitness, not body. But Lalor has played elite cricket and footy, maybe overloaded the body. Huge scope for improvement.

Both are super talents, I see them playing similar roles. FOS is better in the air, 1 on 1 in the square he will be a nightmare. The way the Swans point to a spot and kick it to Heenay, I could see FOS doing that. Lalor will just monster people 1 on 1, with physical power. Both play the same role but differently.

Both will play forward -mids to start. Not sure either end up full time mids for at least 4-5 years.
Donut Guts.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jagga no1. is based on evidence and logic.

On form, him and ashcroft are clear 1 and 2 (in almost all rankings)

And we cant have ashcroft

So we do have a clue, because they dont play the championships behind closed doors with no cameras
I agree, based on this years junior form he is a clear number one and probably Langford second but we are only interested in who becomes the best AFL player. That could easily be Smith but it might not be either, this is where professional recruiters earn their money.

Reactions: 2 users
Two things,

I agree with what you are saying but you still haven’t told me who you think is the bigger risk which is what my query is all about, not their ability.