2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Not really. Yet another ranking that differs from all others. Nobody is on the same page this year. Rankings are all over the place with all and sundry.

A year like no other.
Yep. Sliders everywhere. Had him ranked in our top 5 n We can't believe he was still available at pick whatever all night long.

Yep the more balls we have in the lottery barrel, the more likely we are to find a really good player or two.
We be supplying Touche a massive smorgasboard, he better be loading the plate with more than just one or two tasty little bites. Needs to be ready for a full blown pig out on draft night, the tiger faithful b getting peckish.

wow,

= jagga, Lalor/FOS, Draper, TT, XL, JoeBerry, Hynes, Faull

we'd suddenly be quite quick.

In all the excitement of these picks we are getting I am struggling to keep up.

How are we getting our hands on 14 eZy?

In all the excitement of these picks we are getting I am struggling to keep up.

How are we getting our hands on 14 eZy?

we just write the numbers of all the picks we have on table tennis balls

and put them under three upturned cups.

then we shuffle them around, and lift the cups and extra ball appears with 14 on it.

try it with 2 and 3

Reactions: 2 users
Can't remember who it was one of the training watchers here made the observation I think the week we played against hawks.

Was at training, and Yze told them to play a certain way in training and some of the senior group didn't and we're stopped and given a bake on one certain occasion. Then game dday that week , the first quarter some of the players went away from what was required we're told to adjust, and we we're back in the game.

Me personally I still maintain we had a few bad apples in the senior group pulling the opposite way.
Had? Are they going/gone? I'm a bit confused.

we just write the numbers of all the picks we have on table tennis balls

and put them under three upturned cups.

then we shuffle them around, and lift the cups and extra ball appears with 14 on it.

try it with 2 and 3

Sweet, thanks. Knew there would be a perfectly reasonable explanation!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Time to get creative.

With Mini going to West Coast and Jack Graham choosing them I would be offering:

Shai Bolton and pick 18 for pick 3. Additionally we would agree to pay his full salary for the next two years and half salary for the third year.

All on the proviso that they make an offer to Jack Graham that results in tier 1 compensation.

Would give us picks 2 and 4. Cost us Bolton, Graham, pick 18 and 2 1/2 years of Bolton's salary.

Would give West Coast Bolton, Graham, pick 18 and 2 1/2 years of Bolton's salary. Would cost them pick 3 and Graham's increased salary (offset by us paying Bolton's salary for 2 1/2 years).

It's a win for both us and West Coast. A loss for all the others in the competition.

Add in the pick for Baker and Rioli and we could have:

1, 2, 4, 7, 13, 14, 22
There is no 100% guarantee that any draftees reach anywhere near Bolton's level, so 3 still not enough,needs another late first to early 20s pick.

The power rankings are varying quite a bit. I'd be inclined to hold onto all our picks and take 7-8 inside 30.

A quarter of the best 30 kids in a strong draft is a great way to start a rebuild.
💯… there is absolutely no point in upgrading any pick we have in the top 20. Combining top20 picks to get an earlier pick is just plain ridiculous in this draft.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
There is no 100% guarantee that any draftees reach anywhere near Bolton's level, so 3 still not enough,needs another late first to early 20s pick.
Did you read the whole post or stop after the third line?

The play is to get pick 2 and 4. Would that be enough?

Reactions: 1 user
💯… there is absolutely no point in upgrading any pick we have in the top 20. Combining top20 picks to get an earlier pick is just plain ridiculous in this draft.

agree,

the idea of swapping two of Travaglia, berry, Armstrong, Lindsay, Draper, Trainor, Faull, Tauru etc etc

for one of Lalor/FOS

doesn't make sense to me.

they havnt really demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that they are better than any one of them, let alone two

But of course it might make perfect, dynastically sense one day?

agree,

the idea of swapping two of Travaglia, berry, Armstrong, Lindsay, Draper, Trainor, Faull, Tauru etc etc

for one of Lalor/FOS

doesn't make sense to me.

they havnt really demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that they are better than any one of them, let alone two

But of course it might make perfect, dynastically sense one day?
You can't take both of Lalor/FOS. Not managing the risk.

If we take Jagga at 1, you will get one of the two at 6 I reckon.

Right mix of risk and skill set.

Reactions: 1 user
putting Ashcroft aside, I can't see FOS going past 3 even if phantoms and ratings have him past 3. Its the vibe.

Reactions: 6 users
wow,

= jagga, Lalor/FOS, Draper, TT, XL, JoeBerry, Hynes, Faull

we'd suddenly be quite quick.
1,6,9,10,12, 1318,20 ( I took it 14 cos I don't think they let us do the cup trick on draft night.)

Will become 1, 7 (Ashcroft), 12 (Battle comp& Lombard), 14 ( Kako), 15, 23 (Marshall), 28(rd 2 pick 1- 2 end-of-1st given to North & GWS compo)

So - Smith, FOS (assuming 4 recruiters pass on him), Armstrong, Tavaglia, Lindsay, Hynes, Moraes