2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

What's the incentive though for North to trade with the Tigers over other teams other than we will have a few first rounders? So many trades will happen elsewhere that could completely change who has what in the ND. What if another team trades in another first rounder and decides to use their 2nd pick on a tall? There's no outright guarantee North gets their player by trading down. I think clubs will be very wary of giving us first 3 draft picks. I think in what is touted as a deep draft we're better off just keeping our picks and get the extra player increasing our chances of 1 being successful. Unless it was some ridicously good deal. North are possibly best to keep stock-piling the best available and then target their needs using one or two of their excess requirements as bait in the future. So many variables.

I guess it depends where those picks fall. Sure they won't have the guarantee of getting the player they want, but there are a lot more talls in that 10-20 range than in 1-9.

I wonder if there is a chance of the below happening, lets say we get Pick 18 from Brisbane with those later picks.

Freo - In Bolton, 22 and 29. Out 9,10 and 16
North - In 10,16 and 18. Out 2 and 22
Richmond - In 2, 9. Out Bolton and 18

Probably works for all teams I would think. North turn their picks into 3 in the 10-20 range. Perhaps 1 for Houston (they may need to throw a little extra in but not too muchm their Pick 40 could be enough) and then they take 16 and 18 to the draft. They'd be hoping that some of Armstrong, Tauru, either of the Whitlocks etc would still be available.

We get the best 2 picks and keep 9. If we can add 6 through Rioli and something for Baker, whether thats 13 or 2 2nds and then a 3rd going back, time will tell, but potentially at this stage, thats:

Not bad at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Impressive haul! Can’t believe they lasted until our pick!

View attachment 24466
I somehow found myself watching Dylan Buckley's YouTube thing the other night of me watching them watching the Brownlow, which in the end was so *smile* stupid it was actually pretty funny.
Patto was, I dunno, head of production or in charge of restocking the esky?
Anyway, the camera went to him at one stage and he looked exactly the same!
(I need one of them cameras!)

Reactions: 1 user
2HB Twomey saying the Barrass pick 13 (15) from Hawthorn is what's on offer for Baker. That's slightly unders for me. Something else needs to come with that.
Yeh, Baker is worth 9 or 10.

Reactions: 1 user

This will throw the cat amongst the pigeons!!
Not really. Yet another ranking that differs from all others. Nobody is on the same page this year. Rankings are all over the place with all and sundry.

A year like no other.

Time to get creative.

With Mini going to West Coast and Jack Graham choosing them I would be offering:

Shai Bolton and pick 18 for pick 3. Additionally we would agree to pay his full salary for the next two years and half salary for the third year.

All on the proviso that they make an offer to Jack Graham that results in tier 1 compensation.

Would give us picks 2 and 4. Cost us Bolton, Graham, pick 18 and 2 1/2 years of Bolton's salary.

Would give West Coast Bolton, Graham, pick 18 and 2 1/2 years of Bolton's salary. Would cost them pick 3 and Graham's increased salary (offset by us paying Bolton's salary for 2 1/2 years).

It's a win for both us and West Coast. A loss for all the others in the competition.

Add in the pick for Baker and Rioli and we could have:

1, 2, 4, 7, 13, 14, 22

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Not really. Yet another ranking that differs from all others. Nobody is on the same page this year. Rankings are all over the place with all and sundry.

A year like no other.
This is why it doesn't really make a lot of sense to trade for picks 2 and 3. It doesn't seem that there's much separating them and picks 9 or 10.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
The power rankings are varying quite a bit. I'd be inclined to hold onto all our picks and take 7-8 inside 30.

A quarter of the best 30 kids in a strong draft is a great way to start a rebuild.

Reactions: 10 users
Mould coast don’t want to give up more than 6 for Rioli. Freo want to give 9 or 10 plus 16 for Bolton, not 9 and 10.

Early days but is going to be an interesting watch.
Those clubs have to say that publicly so their fan base isn’t all over them. Their negotiators need to start there or we aren’t even going to sit at the table.