2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

It's all Richmond talk between us and Wet Coke. Clarke and now Mini negotiating with us. The Gestapo will call it corrupt some way.

Mould coast don’t want to give up more than 6 for Rioli. Freo want to give 9 or 10 plus 16 for Bolton, not 9 and 10.

Early days but is going to be an interesting watch.

I would still like another pick in the top 10 if we can wrangle it and a couple of extra picks in the top 30 in 2025.

Thinking about the Graham compo, the pick after our 2nd (band 3) is currently 22- that's probably too high. But in the draft, after other FA compo, then academy and F/S picks it will be it could potentially be nearly 30. - probably about right. A selection at the end of rd 2 (band 4) could be around 45- that is not enough for a 25yo(?) who never plays VFL.
History suggests teams at the bottom of the ladder often do well out of compo.
We should be looking at band 3. Or maybe we do keep him.

Thinking about the Graham compo, the pick after our 2nd (band 3) is currently 22- that's probably too high. But in the draft, after other FA compo, then academy and F/S picks it will be it could potentially be nearly 30. - probably about right. A selection at the end of rd 2 (band 4) could be around 45- that is not enough for a 25yo(?) who never plays VFL.
History suggests teams at the bottom of the ladder often do well out of compo.
We should be looking at band 3. Or maybe we do keep him.

Hes an unrestricted free agent. It's Grahams choice not ours.

Am expecting band 4 but hoping band 3.

Reactions: 1 users
Morris was a steal at 30, would loved him at that pick at the time. At the time I thought he was a stretch at top 20, which was very wrong indeed, looks top 10. Has Jack Riewoldt written all over him.

The Tiges were very keen on Lohman and Wilmot allegedly but of course didn't have the picks.
We had the pick for Lohmann.

Excuse me Spook. :sneaky:
You should stick to agreeing with me, works for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
In reality we have bought low and selling high. In hindsight we have maximised the return on our picks. Let’s hope we can do it again with the 7 or 8 players we bring in.Points.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Was speaking to a current cats employee and asked him,who does Wellsy like in this draft,he replied that Wells loves fos so much that he would like a way to move into the top 2 to draft him but knows its basically impossible with smith coming in.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
I got some mail in the week of Dusty's 300th that I held onto as it didn't match the joy of the occasion.

It came directly from a friend/associate of the great man's. Dusty was reportedly annoyed by how loose the young players had become and the lack of consequences around certain on-field and off-field actions. He said standards had dropped, discipline had fallen away and some players were taking advantage of the more relaxed atmosphere.

The comment that really stuck with me, though, was that he apparently said, 'It wouldn't have been allowed to happen under Dimma'.
I can still remember 2016 - nearly everyone wanted Dimma gone.
Lets not rewrite history.

Reactions: 1 users
The competition cluster *smile* picks will happen

Harvey langford, JoeBerry, XL, TT, Tom Gross, Jonty Faull, maybe the flying viking kid ive only read about? maybe Bo Allen?

to add to Jagga/Lalor,

with Tom Sims to come at 29.

be good if we could make a deal for pick 11, and just lay 5 kids down like a Royal Flush

:banana
Sims is :poop: