2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I'm now wanting Jagga at 1 and Lalor at 6. You can't take FOS and Lalor, too big an injury risk and neither at this stage a pure mid.
We can when we 1,2 &3.
Then we get the best midfielder and the 2 who might end up the best footballers. Then another true mid, a key forward and Berry with our next 3

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Or
We do something where we gain.
Swap late picks for 17/18.
It will virtually cost us nothing to gain an extra pick
But that will all depend on whether we need to keep a few of those " late " picks to enable us to sweeten or gain maximum value for our trade deals for Bakes, Sausage n $hai. Lots of possible permutations still to unfold, but I'd rather ensure we maximize the pick value of those trade deals as they'll all be unfolding around the very early picks. Not at the arse end of the first round.

Reactions: 1 user
if we end up getting something ridiculous such as 6-7 picks inside the top 25-30, then we should be looking to trade a couple of those for 2025 draft picks. We can't use our whole draft haul in 1 year.
In a deep n even draft like this year is claimed to be we certainly can. Personally think we need to be grabbing 8 to 10 newbies this year as it is anyway just to start the rebuild rolling properly. With another couple of retirements coming up at the end of next year I can see us doing another 4 to 6 newbies next year as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Jack Ough really impressing at the right time and massive upside for 1 of the youngest players in the draft
height: 194cm
D.O.B: 15-12-2006

Reactions: 5 users
Last night's was an omen.
Someone telling us, Don't get carried away with your bucket load of picks we have
Don't trade them out,
Don't reduce them
Don't swap
Etc
Because of this Screenshot_20240923_220134_Samsung Internet.jpg
Please Blair and Co keep every pick

Reactions: 2 users
if we end up getting something ridiculous such as 6-7 picks inside the top 25-30, then we should be looking to trade a couple of those for 2025 draft picks. We can't use our whole draft haul in 1 year.
Why not. If the quality of the respective drafts is as being suggested we’d be unlikely to get a better player in next year’s draft. Why delay the development by a year unnecessarily

Reactions: 7 users
Someone telling us, Don't get carried away with your bucket load of picks we have
Don't trade them out,
Don't reduce them
Don't swap
Etc
Because of this View attachment 24389

Have a look at the top 15 of that year and compare to the predicted draft picks we will have. Good draft....except Lennon

Reactions: 1 users
Don't trade them out,
Don't reduce them
Don't swap
Etc
Because of this View attachment 24389

It should be telling us to trade them though, Pick 12 was the pick we got from our ladder position, so if you are saying that we should hold because of our ladder position then that tells us to trade not hold right?

Why not. If the quality of the respective drafts is as being suggested we’d be unlikely to get a better player in next year’s draft. Why delay the development by a year unnecessarily

I just think bringing in 7-8 kids is too many in one year. we'll be like lambs to the slaughter in 2025. Plus, staggering drafting kids will also help with the age profile of the list. We also need to factor in negotiating contracts. If we draft 7-8 players, we hope they'll all be good enough to get a new contract in 2 years. It just feels like some of them should be staggered due to practicality.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
I just think bringing in 7-8 kids is too many in one year. we'll be like lambs to the slaughter in 2025. Plus, staggering drafting kids will also help with the age profile of the list. We also need to factor in negotiating contracts. If we draft 7-8 players, we hope they'll all be good enough to get a new contract in 2 years. It just feels like some of them should be staggered due to practicality.

We are going to be lambs to the slaughter in 2025 regardless. The quality is not in the list and that is the area we need to focus on. So yea if we can get 7 or 8 first round picks we take them all. We then have a low win count next year and potentially end up with the #1 pick again. We can move some picks to 2025 however from what I have heard the 2025 is not shaping any where near this one. Therefore the majority of picks need to be taken this year.

There is also Tasmania looming large from 2026 onwards so we need to get the quality (and in numbers) in now

Reactions: 10 users