2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Lalor is Dusty
FOS is Heeney

Sorry we are all out of Rayner's
Been watching FOS highlights and I don't get how people see Heeney/Cotchin.

He is a receiver, knows how to find space. His highlights are like 90% outside cause that's where his strengths are. He plays an inside mid role but he doesn't actually do that much work inside.

Not saying that as a knock cause I think this is the type of player we need the most. But I would say he's more Whitfield/Gulden type than those big inside bulls like Cotchin etc. I reckon he could be more of a flanker in his first few years.

Reactions: 1 user
The Noble play by GC is to get us to panic and trade Rioli.
Does a player just need to wake up and say 'I want to go to Brisbane'
And the club is obligated to do the deal?
Say if the club dosent want him.
Noble is no better then Rory Atkins.
If Collingwood get anything under 25 for Noble. GC need to be thrown out of the competition

Reactions: 4 users
I don't think I've seen anyone say that a trade with us will fix their points balance, only that it makes sense for them to take a good offer from us (that nets them maybe 300 points) if it guarantees that we won't bid at 1. Thats fairly logical, as it more than doubles the value of the trade.
Well that'd be a WOFTAM
That they would still have a 1000 point balance to make up isn't relevant to that discussion. A value of circa 700 points on their 1st (worth around 1000) is very good value and something very few (if any) other clubs would be able to provide.
And this would be an absolute total WOFTAM n complete waste of *smile* speculating time.

From my perspective, I'd happily completely ignore Brisvegas 's first pick at 17 or 18. Work the deals we need to with our excess picks as sweeteners for any of the trading we might need with Sausage, Bakes n $hai then bid the hell out of pick 1 on Ashcroft. Then let Brisvegas sweat on how the *smile* they're going to amass enough points to match the bid, plus try n find points for Marshall. Why the *smile* would it be incumbent upon us to help Brisvegas get first dibs at the best kid in the draft and possibly constipate our own ability to finalise our deals????

If, might be a big if. But if they can't find the points to match for Ashcroft at pick 1 they can think about paying a premium for him after he'shad 3 years in the system and he's worth triple what he might be worth now.

Reactions: 1 users
Does a player just need to wake up and say 'I want to go to Brisbane'
And the club is obligated to do the deal?
Say if the club dosent want him.
Noble is no better then Rory Atkins.
If Collingwood get anything under 25 for Noble. GC need to be thrown out of the competition
This is a good point, tigers pick Ashcroft with #1, Brisbane match, but kid says no I want to play for the tigers, what happens?
Does the player get the choice?

If they keep this years first it will be wiped out by the Ashcroft bid so they will trade it to get some more points if they can
It's a pick 17 or 18, not like it's some sort of mega premium early pick. A few hundred points advantage is one thing, a 700 or more bonus points advantage from both the trade and not bidding is ludicrous. Reckon I'm happy to see a side that's played in back to back Grannies pay full value for their F/S and academy prospects n wipe out their first pick in this years and next years drafts, or be forced to trade out players for the privilege.

Reactions: 2 users
This is a good point, tigers pick Ashcroft with #1, Brisbane match, but kid says no I want to play for the tigers, what happens?
Does the player get the choice?
I think you know what happens they underperform and moan and whinge for 12 months then you send them where they want to go for slightly more than you paid.

I think you know what happens they underperform and moan and whinge for 12 months then you send them where they want to go for slightly more than you paid.
3 years is an awful long time to spend bitching n moaning and ruining your career on minimum shekels in the magoos.

Why would they underperform, moan and whinge if they're playing at the club of their choice?

Reactions: 1 user
If this is the truth from Ed Pascoe..we get

FOS
Lalor
Smith/Allen/Lindsay
Berry
Dattoli
Hannaford/Algar
Faull
Shanahan

Love it..what a haul.

4 mids...2 small forwards/mids..2 key forwards