2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I have all other than Lindsay off the board at #14, not that I'm the oracle or something.
Appreciate you prefacing this as only your opinion.
The reality is none of us have a clue.
As a keen draft follower, I’ve been literally stunned by RFC selections on so many occasions and have learnt not to get too set on certain players.
Great for discussions, lively debates and learning about players potentials but what will be, will be.

Interesting that there is a plethora of mids at 180 -182cm of which we will nab 2 at least. But there is also a lot of genuine mid talent at ~190cm; Smillie 194, Ough 194, allan 190, Hynes 190, Davis 190, Urquart 190, not to mention Lalor and Sulzberger at 187. Not keen on giving away later picks if we can pick up 2-3 of these guys.

Last edited:
Wonder if this has once again been brought by the AFL to stop the hoarding of picks(Richmond)?
By devaluing all points of picks after pick 1 from 2025
We need to make the most of our draft hand this year
I Don’t follow this train of thought

The new draft rules make these picks much more in demand , you need more of them in 2025 to achieve the same result you would this year .

I Don’t follow this train of thought

The new draft rules make these picks much more in demand , you need more of them in 2025 to achieve the same result you would this year .
The new draft points model for 2025 would mean Richmond's 2024 picks just got more valuable.

Looking at our current picks in points value -

Pick 21 = pick 17 in 2025 (1st round pick)
Pick 29 = pick 23 in 2025
Pick 39 = pick 30 in 2025
Pick 41 = pick 32 in 2025
Pick 47 = pick 36 in 2025
Pick 57 = pick 43 in 2025
Pick 66 = pick 49 in 2025
Pick 72 = pick 54 in 2025

Last edited: