2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

On Lombard, ts, you'll recall he got around 30 touches at VFL level in R1. He has played a *smile* ton of football this year up to the most recent GC final. All reserve grade or carnival. And his form flattened out. He turns 18 in October. It's a big year for a 17yo. He has no Teal Cup form. It's all VFL.
His teal cup stats for his 4 games were 1g 27d v SA/ 2g 32d v WA/ 18d v VM/ 1g 28d v VC. I call that Teal Cup form. Not many players would have topped that. And its not just the stats, and to me looks ready. Not man child even though he is strong bodied for sure, just ready.

His teal cup stats for his 4 games were 1g 27d v SA/ 2g 32d v WA/ 18d v VM/ 1g 28d v VC. I call that Teal Cup form. Not many players would have topped that. And its not just the stats, and to me looks ready. Not man child even though he is strong bodied for sure, just ready.
His carnival form was very good, ts. Terrific. But not recent. I mention the Teal Cup (CTL) level because that's below Carnival and VFL level. It's been a gruelling year for 17yo Lombard against, often, men. Lombard is only two months older than Ashcroft, who played only one VFL game (dominated) and then went back to the Teal Cup.

BTW there was nothing stopping GCS from freshening Lombard, a week off, and seeing if that helped his late season form plateau. But maybe the plateau will feed a narrative, support the hypothesis that Lombard has limited upside. And see him slide a little. I don't know yet.

Nah Leysy. Confident it will be band 3.

There is a reason why we upped the contract to Graham.

100%, similar to what St.Kilda did with Hawthorn on battle.

We have matched the length of contract 4 years! Now do the eagles up it to 5 years or increase the overall contract $ amount.

No doubt Blair Hartley wants Richmond to get the best possible compo pic, and think the eagles will help in that regard.

If he wanted to stay we would've read by now Graham re-signed.

I think it will be minimum 2.5 mill over 4 years to join west coast.
Band 3 compo!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
His carnival form was very good, ts. Terrific. But not recent. I mention the Teal Cup (CTL) level because that's below Carnival and VFL level. It's been a gruelling year for 17yo Lombard against, often, men. Lombard is only two months older than Ashcroft, who played only one VFL game (dominated) and then went back to the Teal Cup.

BTW there was nothing stopping GCS from freshening Lombard, a week off, and seeing if that helped his late season form plateau. But maybe the plateau will feed a narrative, support the hypothesis that Lombard has limited upside. And see him slide a little. I don't know yet.
Isn't the old TC now the Champs? In any case, great underage year, great run of VFL form against men, brilliant champs, which is group 1, then I stopped watching, he'd done enough for me. So if he took the foot off the gas, understandable because the job was in effect done, and he's only human. But if it took the shine off for some, fair enough, everything counts at the pointy end.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread feels like I am watching a roulette table. :D

(not to under-appreciate all the amazing knowledge and insights provided by posters)

Isn't the old TC now the Champs? In any case, great underage year, great run of VFL form against men, brilliant champs, which is group 1, then I stopped watching, he'd done enough for me. So if he took the foot off the gas, understandable because the job was in effect done, and he's only human. But if it took the shine off for some, fair enough, everything counts at the pointy end.
Ah yeah, my bad, ts. The Teal Cup morphed into the TAC Cup and then the TAC Cup morphed into the Talent League. Too many morphs.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah he's an intriguing prospect. In great form since being moved more in the middle.

194cm he's gunna be some specimen. He could end up going quite early.

How does he rank along Langford in your eyes

For me he might be better

Wonder what his running stats look like

Reactions: 1 user
Nah Leysy. Confident it will be band 3.

There is a reason why we upped the contract to Graham.

That's one way of looking at it.

The other is that the AFL advised we were looking at band 4 and we've tried a late increase to try and get WC to bump there offer up. Otherwise why would we increase ours.

Hopefully your right Smokin.

Layla, you've got me on my knees
Layla, I'm begging Tigers please
Layla, Tigers won't you ease my worried mind.

Patience Bungal, all will be revealed soon enough. Hope ya don't end up to disappointed.
Only issue is that as confirmed by the young man himself it is pronounced Law-ler not lay-ler

Sorry TM, you'll need to find somewhere else to reference Eric :)

White room, Sunshine of your love ..... we are at the Crossroads?

Speaking of numbers:

FOS = 9
Mick = 10 (MoJu to 17)
Pete (Lalor) = 4
Maybe Ough = 0 (if it’s allowed….)

Getting ahead of myself
Regards,
Stan

• Haha
That's one way of looking at it.

The other is that the AFL advised we were looking at band 4 and we've tried a late increase to try and get WC to bump there offer up. Otherwise why would we increase ours.

Hopefully your right Smokin.
By increasing our offer ,it also is considered in the compo.

Langford at 2 :oops:
Trainor at 16 :oops:
Makes sense.
So Twomey isnt a football analyst is he? He gets information and has enough sources to build a good draft guide.
But it takes time to assimilate.

Most years it is reasonably accurate.
But most years doesnt have one club with such a draft hand as we might have.

No doubt Toce are preparing for 1 2 3 6 9 12 or whatever. Crazy. So they're talking to many kids.
We're keen on Langford.
At 1?
Twomey thinks so.
Hence the high rating.
But we might be super deadset keen at 6 or 9 10 12 and 13, when we aim to take him.
And the twomey radar has crossed wires.