2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Only issue is that as confirmed by the young man himself it is pronounced Law-ler not lay-ler

Sorry TM, you'll need to find somewhere else to reference Eric :)

White room, Sunshine of your love ..... we are at the Crossroads?
Bloke oughta learn to speak English, stupid smart arse bloody snot nosed young fella.

Well we def b at the Crossroad n if old mate Touche doesn't get this draft right there'll be a few of us needing a rubber room not a bloody white one, coz there'll be bugger all Sunshine for us to love for years.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Makes sense.
So Twomey isnt a football analyst is he? He gets information and has enough sources to build a good draft guide.
But it takes time to assimilate.

Sort of Dell.

However, he makes it pretty clear his rankings throughout the year are his rankings, not a prediction (no doubt with a bit of intel thrown in).

He rolls out his proper prediction phantom in the immediate days prior to the draft. Which is purely on what he's told/knows.

That's when he really nails it down and gets freakishly accurate. In the first round at least.

Reactions: 3 users
I think...

We trade Rioli & a future 3rd for pick 6 & a future 2nd from GC

3 way trade involving
Bolton for picks 9 & 10
Baker & pick 10 for pick 3 & WC's future 3rd

Richmond lose Baker, Bolton & gain picks 3, 9 & future 3rd from WC

We then trade our picks after 39 that are worth value for Brisbane's 15

I think we'll end up with something like picks 1, 3, 6, 9, 15, 21, 29, 39. + GC's second rounder on top of ours next year giving us four picks within the first 37 or so picks next year

For 2024 draft I hope we target

Elite mids with our first three picks
We get three KPP's ideally one 198cm+ monster, who can also rotate through the ruck, one traditional KPP in the 194-197cm range, & one mobile KPP
We get a genuine small forward
A mid/fwd with one of our later picks

Dream outcome
We get FOS & Jagga with 1 & 3
We get Lalor with 6
Pick 9 we get Armstrong
Pick 15 we get Tauru
Pick 21 Jack Whitlock or Hotton/Berry if available
Pick 29 Moraes/Dattoli/Gross or Matt Whitlock if Hotton/Berry selected at 21
39 best leftover of Moraes/Dattoli/Gross

We'll still likely need another couple of players but I think we just add them over the summer. I think we draft the best available rookie over summer & a more mature body, maybe a Davidson to give us a little more maturity over the next couple of years

Then we draft in 1-2 players in mid-season draft next year plus four players within the first 37 picks of the 2025 draft

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
We should get Bob back on PRE.

Another great poster who fell victim to the thankfully now eliminated, bizarro and tyrannical past.
Got him back a while ago, he just does silly stuff like focus on premier league rather than come here.

Post more TB ya ratbag! :p

Reactions: 3 users
Xavier Lindsay won the Morrish medal tonight. Bloody good player.

Xavier Lindsay (Gippsland Power) 21 votes
Cooper Hynes (Dandenong Stingrays) 19
Jayden Nguyen (Calder Cannons) 18
Jagga Smith (Oakleigh Chargers) 18
Josh Smillie (Eastern Ranges) 17
Zak Johnson (Northern Knights) 16
Damon Hollow (Calder Cannons) 15
Tobie Travaglia (Bendigo Pioneers) 13
Isaac Kako (Calder Cannons) 12
Cody Anderson (Eastern Ranges) 11
Xavier Kardachi (Western Jets) 11
Harvey Langford (Dandenong Stingrays) 11

Reactions: 7 users
Midweek tackle think Collingwood could get 12 for Noble, then use that for Houston.

If that happens then Baker is worth a top 5 pick, Rioli two top 10 picks and Bolton picks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Reactions: 11 users
Sort of Dell.

However, he makes it pretty clear his rankings throughout the year are his rankings, not a prediction (no doubt with a bit of intel thrown in).

He rolls out his proper prediction phantom in the immediate days prior to the draft. Which is purely on what he's told/knows.

That's when he really nails it down and gets freakishly accurate. In the first round at least.
Smoke. This is all my thoughts says the young fella, furiously scribbling away.
Did ya say Langleyford is good, howdya spell that?

I dont think he has an eye for a colt. But makes up for it with intel.
Langford will slide back in his later reports

Reactions: 1 users

Only one way he gets past Carlon at 11 and they break eazys heart and take joeberry (who may be gone beforehand anyway).

I'dlike him at 9 /10

Midweek tackle think Collingwood could get 12 for Noble, then use that for Houston.

If that happens then Baker is worth a top 5 pick, Rioli two top 10 picks and Bolton picks 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Most pundits I have heard have watered that down saying pick 12 could be involved and that it would be a swap of picks. That’s possible I guess.

Even if pick 12 for Noble did happen they aren’t getting a high quality contracted player like Houston for pick 12

Its the Dacios medal,
Mick wouldve won it if he didn't play for our 2's.

The went through the 4 clubs chasing Houston with the different ways they could get him.
The most plausible was Carlton and the most unplausible was Collingwood.
They don't hold a 1st rounder and they aren't getting pick 12 unless they trade Degoey.

Interestingly Morrish Medal is not a great guide to translation to elite AFL player.

Looking at historic winners, fewer make it as top AFL players than those that don't for some reason.

Reactions: 1 users
Cal Twomey on SEN this morning got asked who we take with pick 1 and he mentioned FOS, Lalor and Jagga but said very hard to call at this stage

Reactions: 5 users
Think Lombard & even Ashcroft not getting talked about as much as others is because everyone already knows where they'll end up. Notice the Kako talk has also dropped off since they changed the bidding rules again pretty much guaranteeing he'll go to Essendon.
I know @tigerdell say's we won't bid on Ashcroft or threaten Brisbane in trade negotiations but make no mistake there will be a silent understanding what will happen if they don't deal with us, (which is why Dell is saying Brisbane will come to the table amicably :cool: ). Ashcroft's season has only got better and so far is the player of the finals series so would be ranked #1 on many boards you would think.

One of the youngest players in this year’s draft pool, Ashcroft does not celebrate his 18th birthday until December 18.

However, he has proven a dominant force in underage football this season and racked up 33 disposals and two goals to help the Dragons to a 51-point win over the Stingrays in last week’s preliminary final.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users