2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

We won't get Pick 10 for Baker, I'll have whatever you've been smoking. We might get 17 (9 and 10 should be for Shai anyway), but it all comes down to if we asks to move to them when he nominates. We might know more in a weeks time once we know who the next West Coast coach will be.

I've said that I think we will get Pick 3 from West Coast so nothing changes there, just I don't think it'll be as strong of a trade as some on here seem to think.
Yep we will land pick 3. We will give back either 6 or 9.

Does this undervalue Baker? Yes.

But got to play the long game here if it means we snag both FOS and Jagga.

Reactions: 1 users
Lalor was just interviewed on Gettable, said up until 18 months ago cricket was his priority. Hasn't really had an afl pre-season. Huge upside, tough call for our recruiters.

Reactions: 8 users
What is with this Langford thing?

To me, he is relatively slow, his skills are adequate but not elite and, while he's large, he gets tackled a lot and can't seem to break them (against undersized guys).

Am I watching the wrong highlights? What am I missing that indicates he's a top 2 pick?

Reactions: 7 users
Yep we will land pick 3. We will give back either 6 or 9.

Does this undervalue Baker? Yes.

But got to play the long game here if it means we snag both FOS and Jagga.
That may well be right.
The key to me is that West Coast may well prefer trading down pick 3 and keeping their Barass pick than trading that pick for Baker. It gives them 2 first rounders in even draft.

To me, he is relatively slow, his skills are adequate but not elite and, while he's large, he gets tackled a lot and can't seem to break them (against undersized guys).

Am I watching the wrong highlights? What am I missing that indicates he's a top 2 pick?
Agree thats exactly what i saw in his last game

Reactions: 1 user
Smilie has the Jack Watts/Josh Schache look about him.

ive consistently said 2 things for 2 years.

jagga smith is the best 17/18yo in the world,

and Josh Smilie is a speculative late first round pick.

I stand firmly by both.

Reactions: 2 users

Both him and Smillie have some question marks for sure. More on Smillie for me personally, but both come with some discernible gaps.

That may well be right.
The key to me is that West Coast may well prefer trading down pick 3 and keeping their Barass pick than trading that pick for Baker. It gives them 2 first rounders in even draft.
Trading Pick 3 for Baker and an early pick in return guarrantees them 2 first round picks. If they dont trade pick 3 then they would have to give the Barrass pick to us for Baker.

This feels closer for me than Tombstone but still not right. The AFL comparisons are pretty good.

But the Murphy Reid comparison is horrendous and about 10 spots too low.

I have had a gnawing doubt on Reid I havnt been able to articulate. maybe its that hes a Geelong type?

Gryan Miers is enough for me to :vomit

I just had a look at what he said:

Yesterday -
I’m highly confident, Finn goes one and if we have pick two or three we go Lalor.

Very confident at this stage.

Today -
For me, Langford is the reach. Hes got right now, we absolutely rate him, but I still believe FOS and Lalor are ranked above. Of course, knowing what opposition are doing is vital. If we believe we can get Lalor at 6 but not Langford, that will play a role for instance.

I’ll reiterate, FOS doesn’t go at one, North or whomever at 2 will grab him.

Despite various pontifications, no one knows.

the old 'used to work in recruitment'

at Macquarie bank line

• Haha
Both him and Smillie have some question marks for sure. More on Smillie for me personally, but both come with some discernible gaps.

Agree, I don't see either as top 5 picks. Pick 6 to 10 maybe. But to have take Langford before FOS, Jagga and Draper is mind boggling to me.