2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Nah Leysy. Confident it will be band 3.

There is a reason why we upped the contract to Graham.
what’s the best coin we could hope WC are offering though?

4 years @ $500k is surely absolute best case for Graham. ($2m contract value)

Ellis’ 5 years at $600k pre cba increases ($3m contract value) was band 3

So best case scenario he’s $1m behind Ellis even after cba increases in that time. Both the same age at FA time although Ellis was 26 years old for the 2020 season and Graham will be 27 years old which likely goes against his compensation too.

Even though most of us on PRE and Bigfooty have a clear outlook on who is likely to go No 1 "Smith or FOS" it's still good listening to these types of videos.
Good on him and Dylan now has over 1000 subscribers. He gives good reasons as to who should go Pick 1

The video goes for about 20 mins, enjoy!

I like this guys videos, good knowledge and analysis

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Trading Pick 3 for Baker and an early pick in return guarrantees them 2 first round picks. If they dont trade pick 3 then they would have to give the Barrass pick to us for Baker.

Thats what we would be pushing for, they'd be banking on 23, meaning they will give up 23 anyway, hence why I think it will be pick downgrades to maintain 2 1sts. Potentially we don't get back 23, maybe if they get the hawks Pick 30, that could be involved, but for me, the trade is likely to consist of Pick 3 and a 2nd rounder, for Pick 6 and Baker, where there could be a few other later picks swapped around. There's a chance they are comfortable to drop to Pick 9 instead of 6, which means they certainly wouldn't give up 23, maybe something late on, I guess it depends who Matt Clarke has his eye on. If its Bo Allan, they might not get him with the Hawks 1st, but they likely would with Pick 9, and they might be happier to keep their 2nd rounder, and look at a tall, Gerryn or someone like that.

Is this years draft genuinely any more even than other years or is that the rhetoric from the media because we hold a wad of draft picks including pick one?

Reckon it's definitely more even and deeper than most. We'll see on draft night how many picks are taken.

But the very top end doesn't have a clear, you just know he'll be a star and carry your team number 1 like Reid, JHF etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Bo Allen criminally underrated by the Melbourne centric media.
I’d have him as the best of the big bodies midfielders
Agree, likewise Lombard. He's not radically underrated, and the evenness of the draft obscures it, but he's underrated nonetheless. He's around the Langford/ Reid mark, but the Victorian ratings consistently have him in the next tier down from them.

Agree, likewise Lombard. He's not radically underrated, and the evenness of the draft obscures it, but he's underrated nonetheless. He's around the Langford/ Reid mark, but the Victorian ratings consistently have him in the next tier down from them.
Think Lombard & even Ashcroft not getting talked about as much as others is because everyone already knows where they'll end up. Notice the Kako talk has also dropped off since they changed the bidding rules again pretty much guaranteeing he'll go to Essendon.

Reactions: 1 users
Reckon it's definitely more even and deeper than most. We'll see on draft night how many picks are taken.

But the very top end doesn't have a clear, you just know he'll be a star and carry your team number 1 like Reid, JHF etc.
The second paragraph is probably true at this point at least. As you know I don’t follow it closely but regardless I’m still not convinced this draft is any deeper or even than any other year but as ever ultimately time will tell. That current narrative certainly drives more interest/traffic that’s for sure..

If Davidson goes in the main/national draft as many are predicting then that'll be a fair indicator to me that it's probably not as deep as is being made out.

Think Lombard & even Ashcroft not getting talked about as much as others is because everyone already knows where they'll end up. Notice the Kako talk has also dropped off since they changed the bidding rules again pretty much guaranteeing he'll go to Essendon.
Ashcroft is getting rated where he should be, he's based in Melbourne. Goldy-based LL isn't. But as I said, its not a major issue.

Ashcroft is getting rated where he should be, he's based in Melbourne. Goldy-based LL isn't. But as I said, its not a major issue.
Ashcroft is definitely most people's clear #1 but he's not being discussed or as analysed as much as Smith, O'Sullivan, Lalor etc. Most people still have Lombard in the top 10 as well from what I've seen. The main speculation with regards to them is whether or when they'll be bid on but everyone knows the clubs will match and that's where they'll be playing, so they're not as interesting to most supporters of other clubs.

On Lombard, ts, you'll recall he got around 30 touches at VFL level in R1. He has played a *smile* ton of football this year up to the most recent GC final. All reserve grade or carnival. And his form flattened out. He turns 18 in October. It's a big year for a 17yo. He has no Teal Cup form. It's all VFL.

Leaving aside the pronounced Vic-centricity of the media narratives Lombard's form to some extent bears out a man-child reading. I don't buy that. I think he's been massively overworked but eh. There will be a view around that Lombard has plateaued for development and lacks upside. Had he got 27 touches last week he'd be hotter in the media now. Even against the backdrop of the Teal Cup finals.

Yeah he's an intriguing prospect. In great form since being moved more in the middle.

194cm he's gunna be some specimen. He could end up going quite early.
He's been playing a bit on the wing for a while now,but he was pinch hitting in the forward/back line earlier in the year.
He reminds me more of Cripps than Smillie..

Anyway Lalor no 1,,,,can Jagga kick/mark/tackle as well as Sammy ,,NO ,,FOS is only equal in kicking ...
Welcome to Tigerland Lalor :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

I don't think his moderate year will impact his value one iota. Reckon this play has been in place for some time despite the rhetoric of weighing up his options. I expect the Eagles will pay a fair price.
And #13 might be the fair price. We'll find out soon enough.

He's been playing a bit on the wing for a while now,but he was pinch hitting in the forward/back line earlier in the year.
He reminds me more of Cripps than Smillie..

Anyway Lalor no 1,,,,can Jagga kick/mark/tackle as well as Sammy ,,NO ,,FOS is only equal in kicking ...
Welcome to Tigerland Lalor :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold
Layla, you've got me on my knees
Layla, I'm begging Tigers please
Layla, Tigers won't you ease my worried mind.

Patience Bungal, all will be revealed soon enough. Hope ya don't end up to disappointed.

Reactions: 2 users