2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I hope we get both Jagga & FOS so we don't have to compare them too much their whole careers. And I hope all the draftees can get an injury free run at it to at least get the opportunity to establish a career.

We are probably all getting a bit precious, I do not like readxing about Jagga's "flaws" maybe some might be true? And the FOS No. 1 camp don't like the criticism of his durability/reduced output. I think there are very valid reasons for FOS and hopefully there are no longer term issues to worry about.

They are both outstanding juniors, as are many others, let's hope the club gets the environment place so they can reach their full potential.
I really hope the club can draft both FOS and Jags and bring an end to this lovers tiff between spoof and Gloop !

1726563312094.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Meh. He is miles behind Cotch as a draft prospect, Cotch was getting Gary Ablett Jnr buzz.

And now it's the rule changes that have stopped him being taken already. And not convinced he goes top 6 last year let alone top 4. He is not showing elite mid form. Talent is absolutely there but he isn’t a walk up start to become a mid, there is plenty of not quite red flags but caution signs. I would take one of Lalor or FOS but not both.
At Pick 1 I want to be 100% sure FOS is gong to be a midfielder. At this stage the evidence isn’t there.

Reactions: 1 users
Freo want Baker and Bolton. Thats why West Coast put pick 3 up as a possible inclusion.

Bolton and Baker to Freo for 9,10 & 17

or Baker & 21 for pick 3. From WC
If west coast accepts 21 Baker for 3,
I would say Clarke was still working for tigers.

Reactions: 3 users
Now for something completely different.
I was listening to Simmo on SEN this morning and he said that he was getting phone calls from players wanting to go to West Coast to play alongside Harley Reid. I can understand wanting to play alongside a champion and he will help them recruit quality players going forward.

It got me thinking would you rather have pick 1 in a poor draft but where pick 1 is Harley Reid or multiple first round picks in this year’s draft?

Is it possible we have bottomed out one year too late?
Reckon our list might need a hell of a lot more than just a fancy Harley. Supposed to be a very deep n even draft so fill ya boots with a large bunch of very good players n then who knows, maybe there's a Harley waiting first in line next year just to top up with.

I don’t think the question about whether fos will be a full time mid and get 30 possessions is fair

Fos has a 1100 yo-yo so his endurance is in the 99th percentile , due to his injuries this year he has spent a lot of time on the bench and up forward

The question is will he ever get fully fit , if the answer is yes it’s a no brainer for me
Fos marking ability is incredible and once he gets into a afl system he will become special.

Now for something completely different.
I was listening to Simmo on SEN this morning and he said that he was getting phone calls from players wanting to go to West Coast to play alongside Harley Reid. I can understand wanting to play alongside a champion and he will help them recruit quality players going forward.

It got me thinking would you rather have pick 1 in a poor draft but where pick 1 is Harley Reid or multiple first round picks in this year’s draft?

Is it possible we have bottomed out one year too late?
We will more than likely have the number 1 pick next year. So what are the early predictions on the 2025 #1 pick?

Reactions: 1 user
We will more than likely have the number 1 pick next year. So what are the early predictions on the 2025 #1 pick?
Jesus. They can't even agree with this years pick one.

Haven't you heard, don't ever fight a war on two fronts? Madness my good fellow. John Bull and Jerry Kraut will be tearing PRE down with that type of question.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
It's funny, if FOS did that it would be see how special he is, imagine if he gets a good run at it, you could get this all the time.

But becuase Jagga also does a heap of the dirty work, the not so sexy clearance stuff, this play is almost overlooked.

This is not a sleight on FOS, but gee Jagga has some strings to his bow.

Reactions: 6 users
The more he play's the better he is getting ,l wouldn't be upset with a mid first rounder on him,l reckon he's better than Smillie and 18 in December..O..O..O..

Yeah he's an intriguing prospect. In great form since being moved more in the middle.

194cm he's gunna be some specimen. He could end up going quite early.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think you understand my point..

It’s magic pudding adjacent, the rule change would mean Harley Reid goes the year before and so on and so on. To claim that FOS goes top four for a rule change that would impact everything is magic cake, maybe not pudding.

Who gives a *smile*. Rhys Palmer had a bigger impact than Cotch in year 1. Are we drafting for year 1? What a stupid question.

You reckon he goes top four last year, I don’t think he does, he doesn’t go before the first four or Watson. And I don’t think he impacts footy next year like Watson this year, further showing he doesn’t go top four last year.

Nah, you're hating. You're not just 'not blowing smoke', you're hanging *smile*. Anyone who points out he's been injured is 'making excuses'. But anyone dares point out any flaws in Jagga's game and they're 'picking him apart' according to you.

I’ve been clear, there’s talent there but he hasn’t had a year that makes him a standout pick 1. And he only projects to be a full time mid, he isn’t yet, it’s FWD/MID. And for pure performances on the park, not opinion, Jagga is miles ahead. But heaven forbid anyone question Viva FOS Vegas. And that’s the feeling in clubland, there’s no clear cut 1. But I think Jagga fills our most pressing needs.

It's okay if you can't see it, just admit it.

And there it is, like Sampson Ryan, if you can’t see how great he is, you are football dumb and not as smart as me .

Last edited: