2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

No idea, and i havnt seen the bloke play.

But where we are at and the depth of junior talent this year and our draft hand.

I wouldnt be watching too much state footy if i was recruiting for us?

Well be hitting the state leagues hard when tassie come in, and those blokes are the u18s champs fringe players this year.

Id be just stockpiling then in the rookie draft and a 2 year turn over?

But thats just me, and havnt seen davidson play
I would pick him but not with anything better than a pick in the 30s or 40s if the depth of this years draft is correct.

Reactions: 1 user
I would pick him but not with anything better than a pick in the 30s or 40s if the depth of this years draft is correct.

Id tap steven wells phone and pick who he reckons from the state league.

That indig fella on cats HBF was playing wafl ressies.

I dont know how he does it?

Its a tangent, but you really reckon bob harvey wasnt physical?

Maybe you reckon Leigh Matthews was skinny outside? In which case i completely agree with your jagga assessment
Harvey was a softy ,, as for Jagga ,we can get better player's who can do more damage with a lot less disposals .

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Id tap steven wells phone and pick who he reckons from the state league.

That indig fella on cats HBF was playing wafl ressies.

I dont know how he does it?
There was an article about Humphries that busted that myth.

Evidently was coming off injury and limited training and started the year in the ressies. Played a few reserve games and then went into the firsts and spent the rest of the year playing well at WAFL level.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Harvey was a softy ,, as for Jagga ,we can get better player's who can do more damage with a lot less disposals .

It going back a fair way, and im not googling it, but i dont remember Harvey as soft whatsoever.

But yeah, irrelevant.

The boys have handed in their CV's now and its business time for Toce now.

Im pretty certain hell take Jagga at 1, but im also pretty certain ill instantly agree with you if he doesnt.

There was an article about Humphries that busted that myth.

Evidently was coming off injury and limited training and started the year in the ressies. Played a few reserve games and then went into the firsts and spent the rest of the year playing well at WAFL level.

Fair enough, but i think it was only a few senior games with moderate output.

Wells is appearing like a footy savante to me

It going back a fair way, and im not googling it, but i dont remember Harvey as soft whatsoever.

But yeah, irrelevant.

The boys have handed in their CV's now and its business time for Toce now.

Im pretty certain hell take Jagga at 1, but im also pretty certain ill instantly agree with you if he doesnt.
Yeah ,l think the recruiters would of had a good idea weeks ago ,the early picks anyway .

Of course you didn't, SA was being sarcastic.

The consistent theme is Jagga is overrated and ineffective and FOS is clearly superior player.

Posters clearly want Jagga to win inside ball, break lines and get outside, hit 60m darts and kick multiple goals a game.

Every game what I see is a guy that reads it better than everyone around him, finds space where there isn't much and instinctively find a player in a better position. And every time he goes up a level he does it again.

But he ain't damaging.

Tough crowd.
I am not making that argument. Jagga is very highly skilled in the contest - elite.

I was just thinking about Smillie,and being a 194cm mid.
Jack Ough is 194cm and doesnt turn 18 till December ,not the same type ,but o.o. looks a decent wing,hf/hb type ,and is quite agile,his kicking can let him down,but it's not overly bad.

Reactions: 3 users
Its kind of surprising The AFL doesnt have discretionary guarentees for draft picks rule.
Yes that would be true equalisation. Get a refunded draft pick in return if they end up a bust.

I'm pretty surprised they don't have that mechanism already for the franchi$e clubs tbh. Should I delete this before giving them any ideas?

Last edited:
a kid whose about to earn $25m* playing footy for the next 15 years knuckling down reading Albert Camus and getting tutored on calculus?
Dunno about that - I reckon the The Myth of Sisyphus would be a great benefit to someone contemplating a career in the yellow and black

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I never said he was not as good as Jagga.
In my view he is a much better player.
How did the Chargers go while FOS was injured? Jagga was still racking up possessions. FOS came back chargers did much better...why?
Last time I looked they lost yesterday. No one is saying the kid wont be a star.

Yes that would be true equalisation. Get a refunded draft pick in return if they end up a bust.

I'm pretty surprised they don't have that mechanism already for the franchi$e clubs tbh. Should I delete this before giving them any ideas?
They did experiment with this for a bit by having SOS at Carlton - 1st round draft pick given up for Jarrod Pickett & Caleb Marchbank. GWS also got a first round refund on Jono Rourke.