2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Of course you didn't, SA was being sarcastic.

The consistent theme is Jagga is overrated and ineffective and FOS is clearly superior player.

Posters clearly want Jagga to win inside ball, break lines and get outside, hit 60m darts and kick multiple goals a game.

Every game what I see is a guy that reads it better than everyone around him, finds space where there isn't much and instinctively find a player in a better position. And every time he goes up a level he does it again.

But he ain't damaging.

Tough crowd.
Robert Harvey was a great player,he had a great individual career ,plenty of awards and use to pick up plenty of possessions ,with his dinky possessions.
One thing he didn't get was a premiership.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully we don't just focus on the top end talent and neglect the later picks.

I think it would be the opposite.

the top 30 picks are pretty no brainers. you just take the one thats on your board when its your pick.

and then go to work finding Adam Goodes in the 4th round

.......... meanwhile, Jagga just keeps getting BOG, playing fit.

its like the world best looking supermodel asks PRE out on a date,

and PRE looks around the room, going

'see that woman? lose a stone and a bit of lippy, and she could be better looking'

:cool:
Its the inevitable downside of having pick one. Rationally we all know we'll get a great player, but no guarantees that they are the best player in the draft due to a lack of crystal balls, but irrationally, we will accept nothing less than Dusty 2.0.

The knocks on Smith by some are grossly overstated, and his strengths are undervalued. The VM v VC game proved that, and he's just continued to prove his bona fides ever since.

Reactions: 6 users
.......... meanwhile, Jagga just keeps getting BOG, playing fit.

its like the world best looking supermodel asks PRE out on a date,

and PRE looks around the room, going

'see that woman? lose a stone and a bit of lippy, and she could be better looking'

:cool:
Who ever we pick out of fos and jag will be compared to the other forever. Probably better if we had pick 2 in hindsight and avoided the spoon.

I think it would be the opposite.

the top 30 picks are pretty no brainers. you just take the one thats on your board when its your pick.

and then go to work finding Adam Goodes in the 4th round
My point is I hope we don't burn most of our mid/later picks to climb up the boards and potentially miss on some later talent. Coz we need to find half a list of talent, not just a handful.

Reactions: 2 users
Who ever we pick out of fos and jag will be compared to the other forever. Probably better if we had pick 2 in hindsight and avoided the spoon.

Other than avoiding spoon, I find this logic really bizarre.

Reactions: 2 users
My point is I hope we don't burn most of our mid/later picks to climb up the boards and potentially miss on some later talent. Coz we need to find half a list of talent, not just a handful.

I agree, but think 7-8 picks inside 35 will yeild 2 champs and 4 very good players.

Im not aware of the '25 draft crop, but hear its got nothing on this lot.

So may as well load up

As an aside, and while were doing bizarre logic,

Id rather win the spoon with sportsmen footballers than the flag with cynical head ducking midgets who conspiring with the umps in ruining the game

The Heeney references for FOS are very tantalising

Good call the Heeney comparison whoever made it, yesterday we got to see the marking side of his game, FOS had 8 in all and i would suggest about 4 or 5 were contested this included an unsuccessful outrageous and courageous fly into the pack from the side where he did get hands to the ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I agree, but think 7-8 picks inside 35 will yeild 2 champs and 4 very good players.

Im not aware of the '25 draft crop, but hear its got nothing on this lot.

So may as well load up
Yep do we want 8 top 30 or 4 top 15?

Robert Harvey was a great player,he had a great individual career ,plenty of awards and use to pick up plenty of possessions ,with his dinky possessions.
Naw not coping Robert Harvey slander, genuine second tier superstar. If your saying Jagga will be a 8 time All Australian where do I sign up?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Yep do we want 8 top 30 or 4 top 15?

Depend if jagga and joeberry are in the 8/30 or the 4/15 lucky dip bucket for me

But i obviously take jagga at 1 and joeberry at freo's 9,

So i can have it both ways

Its the blokes who are getting cute with pick 1 that are gonna tie themselves in knots

And possibly end up with a minature plastic spudgun

Not really sure of your point. Harvey's a great player but was a selfish dinky kicker and that's why he has no flags?

So Flower and Buckley are "failures" also? What were there issues?

Not really sure of your point. Harvey's a great player but was a selfish dinky kicker and that's why he has no flags?

Yeah not the best argument from the Bungle Beetle that one.

Yeah, geez a Robert Harvey would be handy right about now.

Reactions: 1 users

My point is Jagga is similar to Harvey in getting high possessions ,but a lot are dinky ones ,,player's like that don't get you premierships ,they get individual awards.

Richo couldn't kick over a jam jar and double grabbed everything ands slow and had no tank