2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Yeah but he wasn't in the dinky possession club:ROFLMAO:

nobody could ever describe Cotchy as a booming kick.

he won a Brownlow in his Mr.Dink era

similar ball user to jagga I reckon.

similar ferocity too.

hopefully similar leadership qualities.

you're gonna love him, I know

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yep do we want 8 top 30 or 4 top 15?

We are likely to have four picks in the top 10>>> 1, 3 (WC), 6 (GC) and 9 (this is if Eagels give us pick 3 for Baker and we return for example pick 10, which should be handed over to us from freo 9 and 10 for Bolton)). They are likely to offer 9 and 17 but stuff them he's contracted.

Pick 15 from the Lions points needed for Levi Ashcroft

Gold Coast pick 20, our 21 and perhaps Graham Compo pick 22

8 picks in the first 22 (not adding in atm FS or academy picks) is tantalising for our turbo rebuild.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of the commentary on here about FOS reminds me of the media talking about Cam Rayner.
He can do anything- he will win games of football- he will be a matchwinner.

Only issue with Rayner is that he doesnt. Not yet anyway- in what yr 7 of his career?

I hope we draft O'Sullivan, but only after we draft the best 17yo in the country.

A lot of the commentary on here about FOS reminds me of the media talking about Cam Rayner.

Only issue with Rayner is that he doesnt. Not yet anyway- in what yr 7 of his career?

I hope we draft O'Sullivan, but only after we draft the best 17yo in the country.
There's no guarantees on any junior player we pick because they're juniors.

We are likely to have four picks in the top 10>>> 1, 3 (WC), 6 (GC) and 9 (this is if Eagels give us pick 3 for Baker and we return for example pick 10, which should be handed over to us from freo 9 and 10 for Bolton)). They are likely to offer 9 and 17 but stuff them he's contracted.

Pick 15 from the Lions points needed for Levi Ashcroft

Gold Coast pick 20, our 21 and perhaps Graham Compo pick 22

8 picks in the first 22 (not adding in atm FS or academy picks) is tantalising for our turbo rebuild.
Doubt we get pick 3.

Reactions: 1 user
Lock it in...

I have seen some comprehensive mock drafts around but If my man says we are taking Jagga at one with all his research...then how could anyone argue (even Bengal) !

Sammy is off to the saints unfortunately.

*** Warning…heavy sarcasm unless your still running MS-DOS, then it looks great !

Last edited:
Lock it in...

I have seen some comprehensive mock drafts around but If my man says we are taking Jagga at one with all his research...then how could anyone argue (even Bengal) !

Sammy is off to the saints unfortunately.

OMG I can't even listen to that, what the hell is with the audio and whats wrong with the guy talking. Sounds like a 10 year old kid reading a book in English.

• Haha
My point is Jagga is similar to Harvey in getting high possessions ,but a lot are dinky ones ,,player's like that don't get you premierships ,they get individual awards.
Tom Mitchell has a premiership - you saying you would pick him in front of Harvey?

Tom Mitchell has a premiership - you saying you would pick him in front of Harvey?
Yep,don't you rate premierships more than Brownlows .
Mitchell has a much better defensive game than Harvey ,and is more physical ,,it';s all about the premierships ,and nothing else matters....

FOS is a far far superior prospect to Rayner

Reactions: 5 users
I wonder whether we are considering Davidson EZY?

No idea, and i havnt seen the bloke play.

But where we are at and the depth of junior talent this year and our draft hand.

I wouldnt be watching too much state footy if i was recruiting for us?

Well be hitting the state leagues hard when tassie come in, and those blokes are the u18s champs fringe players this year.

Id be just stockpiling then in the rookie draft and a 2 year turn over?

But thats just me, and havnt seen davidson play

Yep,don't you rate premierships more than Brownlows .
Mitchell has a much better defensive game than Harvey ,and is more physical ,,it';s all about the premierships ,and nothing else matters....

Its a tangent, but you really reckon bob harvey wasnt physical?

Maybe you reckon Leigh Matthews was skinny outside? In which case i completely agree with your jagga assessment