2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I like DG. I like him a lot. But he's gonna be injury prone. Still don't think he's a genuine midfielder at AFL level either.
Is the best case Jordan De Goey? How likely is that? And what's the floor? I've heard people say Jake Stringer but for all of his misgivings, he has kicked over 360 goals at AFL level. That's 125th all time. Still a fair result. I don't see Stringer in Lalor, I don't see bulk goals.

And if we approve, that's the importnat part.
Who is "we"? If it is the collective wisdom of the experts on PRE, and in particular on this thread, then it isn't going to happen. You only have to read it to know that truth.

The only thing that is surer than Richmond coming last on the free kick ladder is that there will be criticism of who we pick in the 2024 draft on this site. :)

Reactions: 2 users
In a world based on reason, yes.

but theres people whose dying words will be to instruct their great grandchildren to agonise and handwring

over who another club drafted 40 years ago.
"What happened to Pop?"

"His dead."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Who is "we"? If it is the collective wisdom of the experts on PRE, and in particular on this thread, then it isn't going to happen. You only have to read it to know that truth.
Besides Bengal I don't think there is many debates over the top 2, its FOS or Jags at 1 or 2 for us.

Debate has been fierce but not awful.

Reactions: 2 users
I like DG. I like him a lot. But he's gonna be injury prone. Still don't think he's a genuine midfielder at AFL level either.
You haven't seen him play much Robert ,,His best position is mid ,and can pinch hit anywhere else.
He's a elite kick,elite mark for his height ,elite defensive ,and is quite quick.
He rushed back to play champs ,he was clearly under done ,and kept pushing to play comp footy,of course you are going to have a higher risk of injury if you are under done.
Get him into a proper environment ,with structures,proper training eating regimes ,he will thrive .

Same for FOS ,he has pushed himself to play injured.

Reactions: 8 users
Besides Bengal I don't think there is many debates over the top 2, its FOS or Jags at 1 or 2 for us.

Debate has been fierce but not awful.
I wasn't saying it was Scoop, the debate has been great.

I am just saying there is always disagreement with who we pick and there always will be. This year will be no different, in fact may be greater because of the volume of picks.

I never said he was not as good as Jagga.
In my view he is a much better player.
How did the Chargers go while FOS was injured? Jagga was still racking up possessions. FOS came back chargers did much better...why?
Of course you didn't, SA was being sarcastic.

The consistent theme is Jagga is overrated and ineffective and FOS is clearly superior player.

Posters clearly want Jagga to win inside ball, break lines and get outside, hit 60m darts and kick multiple goals a game.

Every game what I see is a guy that reads it better than everyone around him, finds space where there isn't much and instinctively find a player in a better position. And every time he goes up a level he does it again.

But he ain't damaging.

Tough crowd.

Reactions: 11 users
BTW it is clear FOS has all the right stuff to be an AFL star. But i cannot see how a team is not going to be improved by having Jagga in the guts.

Let's hope we get both.

Reactions: 11 users
You haven't seen him play much Robert ,,His best position is mid ,and can pinch hit anywhere else.
He's a elite kick,elite mark for his height ,elite defensive ,and is quite quick.
He rushed back to play champs ,he was clearly under done ,and kept pushing to play comp footy,of course you are going to have a higher risk of injury if you are under done.
Get him into a proper environment ,with structures,proper training eating regimes ,he will thrive .

.......... meanwhile, Jagga just keeps getting BOG, playing fit.

its like the world best looking supermodel asks PRE out on a date,

and PRE looks around the room, going

'see that woman? lose a stone and a bit of lippy, and she could be better looking'

:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

I've seen him play heaps Bungal. Mostly as the key pie eating player. Dominated.

Last edited:
Hopefully we don't just focus on the top end talent and neglect the later picks.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still bitter about John Pitura.

The only draft revisionism I practice is to denigrate the opposition for not taking Richmond champions.

and I dont even really like doing that, cause Tom Scully and Albert Proud are probably great blokes, who had no input into their draft position.

tigers will get 2024 right whichever way they go I reckon