2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

If Viva FOS Vegas is 1100 then let's start seeing it.

Right now, the difference between Jagpipes and FOS is that whilst FOS is the more talented, Jags is the more professional.

Jags runs and runs. He forces himself into the game whereas FOS is a high plains drifter waiting for the game to come to him a bit. He's playing like a highly talented kid from Koroit whereas Jags is pushing to all corners of the ground and all situations as much as he can. He's no Nick Daicos but he's trying to will himself into the game with his work rate like Daicos.

Jags gets a bunch of easier possessions as a result of using his legs more than FOS. FOS spends a lot of time drifting through the centre corridor. When it does come to him - he's great. He's a great mark for his size, nice kick, and he can actually run. But he's not running hard and quick enough and to as many spots that Jags does when he doesn't have the ball. Jags is around the back, handball receive, give off. He's in the backline, on the wing, through the centre, up forward. He just pushes himself into the game.

If FOS Vegas applies the same repeat high energy running, he'll be the better player in the AFL. But right now he's playing as a talented kid that needs to push himself a bit harder, quicker and more often.

Jags is an F2 running on 98 octane right now. FOS is an F1 running on 91.

Pick it up a bit FOS.

Exquisite summary MR Red hit it in a nutshell

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this has been put up but if not here's the 2024 rookie me team of the year.

The 2024 Rookie Me Central Coates Talent League Team of the Year has been finalised, with the original squad of 48 cut down to 24. After weekly nominations throughout a 19-round regular season, the competition’s best, most dominant and consistent players were selected.

rookie.me team.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Not sure if this has been put up but if not here's the 2024 rookie me team of the year.

The 2024 Rookie Me Central Coates Talent League Team of the Year has been finalised, with the original squad of 48 cut down to 24. After weekly nominations throughout a 19-round regular season, the competition’s best, most dominant and consistent players were selected.

View attachment 24301
No Armstrong.

One other thing with Fosberg. Too many of his possessions are contested. He's making it too hard for himself.

More repeat energy in his running and calling for the ball in clear space, be it at stoppages or around the ground generally, will lift his possession rate up and his impact. He's a great kick so get to space to receive more often FOS, and use that boot more often.

I think it'll lessen the chance for injury as well. He's a courageous kid that doesn't mind the physicality, but right now he's getting into too many physical situations. He doesn't have a 190cm frame or a stocky body to keep doing that over and over so get on the bike a bit more, and even up the contested/uncontested ratio a bit.

Right now it looks a bit out of kilter.
I love FOS. is the best leader I have seen in a long time.
Also remember FOS may be paying more attention to his School work this year. he knows he is a certainty to go 1st round

One other thing with Fosberg. Too many of his possessions are contested. He's making it too hard for himself.

More repeat energy in his running and calling for the ball in clear space, be it at stoppages or around the ground generally, will lift his possession rate up and his impact. He's a great kick so get to space to receive more often FOS, and use that boot more often.

I think it'll lessen the chance for injury as well. He's a courageous kid that doesn't mind the physicality, but right now he's getting into too many physical situations. He doesn't have a 190cm frame or a stocky body to keep doing that over and over so get on the bike a bit more, and even up the contested/uncontested ratio a bit.

Right now it looks a bit out of kilter.
So who are you taking FOS or Jagga?

So who are you taking FOS or Jagga?
I knew someone would ask me that.

All logic right now says Jags. He's more productive and more AFL ready than Viva FOS Vegas right now. He's a very good player.

However, I'm illogical and like spoof, I'm gonna take a risk and go with FOS. He's the more talented and I'm gonna back him in to modify his game a bit to suit AFL footy a bit better from a production point of view as a midfielder.

I wouldn't slit my wrists if the club took Jagpipes, but personally I'm taking the projection risk and giving the nod to FOS. By a whisker. Extremely close.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
For a great draft for mids - each of top end mids all have fairly blatant weaknesses

Jagga - slight body, limited damage with disposal
What games you been watching?

The kid is a ball magnet and creative quick skillful star.

Slight and non-damaging?? 🙄

No Armstrong.

Jobe Shanahan Ave 12.9 disposals, 5 marks, 2.3 tackles and 2.1 goals
Jack Whitlock Ave 16.4 disposals, 4.8 marks, 1.5 tackles and 2.1 goals
Harry Armstrong Ave 10.00 disposals, 4.4 marks, 1.4 tackles and 2.6 goals

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If Viva FOS Vegas is 1100 then let's start seeing it.

Right now, the difference between Jagpipes and FOS is that whilst FOS is the more talented, Jags is the more professional.

Jags runs and runs. He forces himself into the game whereas FOS is a high plains drifter waiting for the game to come to him a bit. He's playing like a highly talented kid from Koroit whereas Jags is pushing to all corners of the ground and all situations as much as he can. He's no Nick Daicos but he's trying to will himself into the game with his work rate like Daicos.

Jags gets a bunch of easier possessions as a result of using his legs more than FOS. FOS spends a lot of time drifting through the centre corridor. When it does come to him - he's great. He's a great mark for his size, nice kick, and he can actually run. But he's not running hard and quick enough and to as many spots that Jags does when he doesn't have the ball. Jags is around the back, handball receive, give off. He's in the backline, on the wing, through the centre, up forward. He just pushes himself into the game.

If FOS Vegas applies the same repeat high energy running, he'll be the better player in the AFL. But right now he's playing as a talented kid that needs to push himself a bit harder, quicker and more often.

Jags is an F2 running on 98 octane right now. FOS is an F1 running on 91.

Pick it up a bit FOS.
Today i didnt see any stand out #1 pick players
But in FOS defence he does spend a fait bit of time on the bench and i would be surprised if he played 80% game time and i think he is being managed to a degree , Also i believe he was being tagged by Jack Ough as i notice Ough always near him and maintaining touch and at times blocking. A fully fit FOS with 2-3 more games under his belt would of been a more dominant player and his assets are high level . Has the speed leap and tank but more importantly the footy I.Q
If he hadn't missed that goal with 2 minutes to go , Im sure people would have been declaring him the #1

Lets also not forget FOS has had school this year compared to Jagga who finished up last year and concentrated fully on football and getting himself ready .

Brings up another question , Is fos being played less in the middle in games where both jagga and fos play due to jagga not having a 2nd position and FOS is the more dangerous on the outside . foward than Jagga ?
I have not watched them often enough to know this but just a thought

I like Jagga also but just feel his ceiling is lower at AFL level , I just want to see more run & carry in his game rather than just flick it out
also cant find any DE numbers for these games. But if i was picking today
FOS - #1
Jagga - #3
Lalor #6

Last edited:

View attachment 24301
But,but,but. Where's the FOSsil????? Petrified?

No risks. Take the durable ball magnet.
I agree. I can’t see why with a number 1 pick you would take anything other than the ball magnet who dominates and has dominated every single level he has ever played. Sure it is a no brained over a bloke with potential who averages around 13 disposals. That is a sure fire way to be talking about this draft for the next 40 years drafting on potential. That is what later picks are for. Take the sure thing every day of the week who has proved he can handle every step of the way and leave the risk for another pick.

Reactions: 3 users
Also remember FOS may be paying more attention to his School work this year.

a kid whose about to earn $25m* playing footy for the next 15 years knuckling down reading Albert Camus and getting tutored on calculus?

I wouldn't want to be taking that bow in carry on luggage

*indexed

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Today i didnt see any stand out #1 pick players
But in FOS defence he does spend a fait bit of time on the bench and i would be surprised if he played 80% game time and i think he is being managed to a degree , Also i believe he was being tagged by Jack Ough as i notice Ough always near him and maintaining touch and at times blocking. A fully fit FOS with 2-3 more games under his belt would of been a more dominant player and his assets are high level . Has the speed leap and tank but more importantly the footy I.Q
If he hadn't missed that goal with 2 minutes to go , Im sure people would have been declaring him the #1

Lets also not forget FOS has had school this year compared to Jagga who finished up last year and concentrated fully on football and getting himself ready .

Brings up another question , Is fos being played less in the middle in games where both jagga and fos play due to jagga not having a 2nd position and FOS is the more dangerous on the outside . foward than Jagga ?
I have not watched them often enough to know this but just a thought

I like Jagga also but just feel his ceiling is lower at AFL level , I just want to see more run & carry in his game rather than just flick it out
also cant find any DE numbers for these games. But if i was picking today
FOS - #1
Jagga - #3
Lalor #6

In my experience, under 190cm 25 year old footballer mostly play like they did when they were 18.

a kid simply doesn't play like Tom Mitchell when hes 18, and Hayden Young when hes 25

At 25, I think Jagga is playing game 150 getting 33 and 10 clearances and hitting FOS up with 35m lateral passes late,

and FOS is playing game 120 getting 22, taking 3 contested marks and kicking 2 goals.

and I think we will probably have to choose.

Will Ashcrofts second half Saturday night is the benchmark for Jagga I think.

(W.Ashcroft is on a bronze statue in Vulture St. trajectory right now; willing his side to historical semi final comeback victory, at 20 coming off a knee? One I got very wrong - I knew he had a good career ahead, but not a great one)

The Heeney references for FOS are very tantalising

fascinating choice W.Ashcroft v I.Heeney; both win big finals; one is heaps better to watch than the other

Last edited:
In my experience, under 190cm 25 year old footballer mostly play like they did when they were 18.

a kid simply doesn't play like Tom Mitchell when hes 18, and Hayden Young when hes 25

At 25, I think Jagga is playing game 150 getting 33 and 10 clearances and hitting FOS up with 35m lateral passes late,

and FOS is playing game 120 getting 22, taking 3 contested marks and kicking 2 goals.

and I think we will probably have to choose.

Will Ashcrofts second half Saturday night is the benchmark for Jagga I think.

(W.Ashcroft is on a bronze statue in Vulture St. trajectory right now; willing his side to historical semi final comeback victory, at 20 coming off a knee? One I got very wrong - I knew he had a good career ahead, but not a great one)

The Heeney references for FOS are very tantalising

fascinating choice W.Ashcroft v I.Heeney; both win games of footy; one is heaps better to watch than the other
The best part is we can get them both.

• Love
I'm not convinced Norf will take Jagga at 2 - so take FOS at 1 (if we get pick 3).

Reactions: 7 users
a kid whose about to earn $25m* playing footy for the next 15 years knuckling down reading Albert Camus and getting tutored on calculus?

I wouldn't want to be taking that bow in carry on luggage

*indexed
Yeah this 'he has school theory so he isnt as good as Jagga' is pure rubbish.

• Haha