2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I’ve seen Dustin Martin do the same on many occasions.
Jaeger is the best player on the ground. Again.
And still people are picking holes in his game.
He’s not perfect. But he’s definitely number 1.
Let’s focus on his positives because he’ll be in Yellow and Black next year

He's had a terrific game. Not sure why people are so critical. Just because his kicks are 30m instead of 50m, despite that they hit the target and allow ball retention. He's had numerous good kicks inside 50. He's easily been BOG today.

I still like FOS and its more a conundrum of who to take at 1 if we don't have 2, as to who we guess North will take at 2.

Reactions: 1 users
For a great draft for mids - each of top end mids all have fairly blatant weaknesses

Jagga - slight body, limited damage with disposal
FOS - doesn't get the pill much, injury prone
Draper - South Australian, underwhelming champs
Lalor - doesn't get the pill enough, injury prone
Reid - small, slow
Langford - slower
Smillie - doesn't get the pill enough

Good luck Toce!
Is this a 'fugazi' draft?

Reactions: 1 user
Thought Fos very much showed his class today, moves alot like Isaac Heeney, like alot.

Jagga was terrific, do not think he has played a bad game in his life

Thought FOS played his best game in a couple of months, shame his yr ended just as he was getting into gear

For the record, FOS has a 1000 yo-yo, Jagga 840 I have not seen anyone in the draft pool with a better than 1000 yoyo , but happy to be corrected if untrue

Reactions: 7 users
Look at ole Bungal he's up and about after his Barney rebels got up today ! Go Bungal !
They would of won by 5 goals had Lalor played.
Rebels have a average back line,and a b-c grade midfield ,,so it was a good win considering Chargers have 2 highly rated mids ,,getting possessions is one thing,what damage you do with them is another.

They would of won by 5 goals had Lalor played.
Rebels have a average back line,and a b-c grade midfield ,,so it was a good win considering Chargers have 2 highly rated mids ,,getting possessions is one thing,what damage you do with them is another.

Thats an interesting take. I thought Jagga was very good. I thought he managed to keep the ball moving forward and was a big reason why the Chargers had field dominance for much of the match, but the forwards (in particular the smalls, kicked pretty poorly for goal.

Thats an interesting take. I thought Jagga was very good. I thought he managed to keep the ball moving forward and was a big reason why the Chargers had field dominance for much of the match, but the forwards (in particular the smalls, kicked pretty poorly for goal.
He's not a damaging mid posh ,Lalor would of kicked the ball 60 meters plus with the wind,,Jagga looks for short passes most of the time,,,thats what Morro was talking about,he doesnt take the game on.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
He's not a damaging mid posh ,Lalor would of kicked the ball 60 meters plus with the wind,,Jagga looks for short passes most of the time,,,thats what Morro was talking about,he doesnt take the game on.
Bombing it 60m won’t work at Richmond because we don’t have a forward line to mark a long ball.
Jaeger playing to current RFC structures perfectly

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user