2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Difference between Reid and Langford.

Langford caught from behind, took forever to get going.

Reid shimmy, step creates space, good kick, goal Armstrong

Reactions: 7 users
Jagga is more Shane Edwards than Mitchell, Crouch or Dow - clearance players that handball. Jagga is slithery and slippery and balanced and seems to know what to do with the pill before he gets it. Like Edwards.

And Edwards got a lot better when his teammates got better. When they realised that if you move into the right spaces at the right time you’d get the ball delivered on a silver platter.

So one of the questions around Jagga is whether there is growth left in his game. His growth will be evident when his teammates grow (just like Edwards was considered a super player only when Cotch and Martin and Lablett had matured). And if those future teammates are super talented - FOS or Lalor or Langford or whoever - then the combined effect should be outstanding.

And another thing to note - the few games that Edwards played in the VFL - he was a step above but never dominated to anything like the extent that Jagga has at that level. Another good marker for his ability to produce at AFL level.

Reactions: 4 users
Difference between Reid and Langford.

Langford caught from behind, took forever to get going.

Reid shimmy, step creates space, good kick, goal Armstrong
All this talk of Langford being a top-3 or even pick 1 candidate. No one seeing that could possibly have him in the top tier.

Reactions: 4 users
Jagga is more Shane Edwards than Mitchell, Crouch or Dow - clearance players that handball. Jagga is slithery and slippery and balanced and seems to know what to do with the pill before he gets it. Like Edwards.

And Edwards got a lot better when his teammates got better. When they realised that if you move into the right spaces at the right time you’d get the ball delivered on a silver platter.

So one of the questions around Jagga is whether there is growth left in his game. His growth will be evident when his teammates grow (just like Edwards was considered a super player only when Cotch and Martin and Lablett had matured). And if those teammates are super talented - FOS or Lalor or Langford or whoever - then the combined effect should be outstanding.
Edwards also took years to develop a body capable of withstanding sustained AFL midfield time.

Reactions: 3 users
Shane Edwards wasn’t getting it 30 times a week as a junior. It’s Lachie Neale as @spook called it.
Fair enough. Happy with that comparison too.

My main point though was that Jagga's game grows with the development of his teammates - as they develop a better appreciation of what he can do for them. If they grow to be superstars - so does he.

Reactions: 1 user

So one of the questions around Jagga is whether there is growth left in his game. His growth will be evident when his teammates grow (just like Edwards was considered a super player only when Cotch and Martin and Lablett had matured). And if those future teammates are super talented - FOS or Lalor or Langford or whoever - then the combined effect should be outstanding.

And another thing to note - the few games that Edwards played in the VFL - he was a step above but never dominated to anything like the extent that Jagga has at that level. Another good marker for his ability to produce at AFL level.
Edwards had elite endurance. Was an elite junior athlete. Jagga has not tested anywhere close to the same endurance.
Edwards was also much faster than Jagga.

Reactions: 1 user
Edwards had elite endurance. Was an elite junior athlete. Jagga has not tested anywhere close to the same endurance.

Disagree on Shedda being faster.

His straight line pace was good but not quick.

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't been able to watch the game.

Hoping to settle in for the next one.

How's "everyone's" favourite key position player Armstrong been?

Is there a question mark on Jagga's endurance? First I've heard of it - not mentioned elsewhere here. I never had Edwards down as a supremely fast athlete either. Fast mind - yes. Fast hands - yes. Fast in an athletic sense. Not to my recollection.

Is there a question mark on Jagga's endurance? First I've heard of it - not mentioned elsewhere here. I never had Edwards down as a supremely fast athlete either. Fast mind - yes. Fast hands - yes. Fast in an athletic sense. Not to my recollection.
Jagga keeps on keeping on getting to contest after contest.

No idea how he will go in a testing environment, but on the footy field he does pretty well.

Reactions: 2 users