2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

The difference is that RCD never found much of the ball in the U18s, which continued into his AFL career. U18's averaged 15 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles and 0.4 goals
For the U18 championship, it was even less, Ave 12 disposals, 1.7 marks, 3 tackles and 0.3 goals

Smillie finds the ball in the 18's Ave 24 disposals, 4 marks, 3.5 tackles and 1.3 goal

For the championships, he was ok without being dominant; Ave 19.5 disposals, 3 marks, 3.5 tackles and 0.3 goals

Another good attribute is that Smillie has a lovely kick on him and is a good decision-maker.

I think based on our expected picks. eg: 1, 3 and 6 well depending on North even though I believe they will go best available and grab a mid. Well, I hope they go Harry Armstrong which would give us a trio of FOS /Jagga and Smillie or FOS /Jagga and Langford, or FOS /Jagga and Lalor. The possibilities are endless.
I don't watch juniors much, if at all anymore. No time.
But does some of the drop off for Smillie at state level occur because they need to spread game time across more individuals. Also potentially not as much time on ball?
My biggest concern with guys like him and RCD is how much of their contested ball because they're bigger than others, and how much is talent?

Reactions: 1 user
Jagga getting heaps of the ball but always looking for the short option
Expected him to have shot for running goal 40m out directly infront instead went for short pass
20D 0Tackles to half time

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For a great draft for mids - each of top end mids all have fairly blatant weaknesses

Jagga - slight body, limited damage with disposal
FOS - doesn't get the pill much, injury prone
Draper - South Australian, underwhelming champs
Lalor - doesn't get the pill enough, injury prone
Reid - small, slow
Langford - slower
Smillie - doesn't get the pill enough

Good luck Toce!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Expected him to have shot for running goal 40m out directly infront instead went for short pass
Jagga clearly best on ground, hit 2 bullet 30 metre passes in first 12 minutes resulting in goals, ( oh they were only 30 metres so they must be *smile* :rolleyes: ).
Some people just see what they want to see.
He is always on the move in the stoppages and never flat footed, impresses the hell out of me.
I were hoping for a bit more from FOS.
Am out here at RSEA Park watching.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
For a great draft for mids - each of top end mids all have fairly blatant weaknesses

Jagga - slight body, limited damage with disposal
FOS - doesn't get the pill much, injury prone
Draper - South Australian, underwhelming champs
Lalor - doesn't get the pill enough, injury prone
Reid - small, slow
Langford - slower
Smillie - doesn't get the pill enough

Good luck Toce!
Jesus SoJ...talk about sucking all the air out of the room. We are doomed.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hard to get tackles when you’ve always got the ball. He is a good tackler btw

Reactions: 2 users

Was that better from Jagga, zigs and zags and then takes the shot from 40 with the outside of the right

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Imagine how scathing everyone would be if Jaeger didn’t get BOG every week?

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Say what?
Its been said before
He gets heaps of the ball just want him to be more damaging take responsibility and take the shot
I’ve seen Dustin Martin do the same on many occasions.
Jaeger is the best player on the ground. Again.
And still people are picking holes in his game.
He’s not perfect. But he’s definitely number 1.
Let’s focus on his positives because he’ll be in Yellow and Black next year

Reactions: 15 users