2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Personally, not worrying about who we will draft where until trades are done and we know our picks. Too much water to go under the bridge.

Boring, Leysy knows.
And for me add after Draft Combine. We find out someone runs over a 3sec, 20m and another 2.9sec or has a horror beep test, opinions may change.

On a side note, how on earth did RCD ever get drafted with numbers like that, let alone drafted in the first round?!?!

Those numbers are fourth round, rookie numbers at best.
Look at who was taken just before and after. Not a lot of depth that draft.
Remember the "master-stroke" trade that Carlton did to trade up to the pick directly before us because they heard we were gonna be taking Liam Stocker?
Imagine we had Stocker instead of RCD. Exciting isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Not excuses, just trying to explain to those who refuse to see, why he will still go top-2. ;)

Saw this on BF, so grain of salt. Second comment is by 'DontArgue4' - that you?

Huge if true.

View attachment 24288
Hopefully we get that done , however I wonder if we’d take into account the lads maturing, character etc on who we took first , simply due to the factor that one may handle the number 1 pick label better then the other 2 , great issue to have

Possible trades
Rioli 6
Bolton 9, 16
Baker 23
Brisbane’s 14 (hopefully they lose tonight)

Gives us 1, 6, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 29 + Graham compo.

Tom Morris was saying on SEN that we’re looking to use these picks over a 2 year period so we don’t have all the new players we draft coming out of contract at the same time.

Possible trades
Rioli 6
Bolton 9, 16
Baker 23

Tom Morris was saying on SEN that we’re looking to use these picks over a 2 year period so we don’t have all the new players we draft coming out of contract at the same time.
It's not hard to change contract lengths mid term and with it, out of contract dates. That's easily manageable.

Reactions: 9 users
Hopefully we get that done , however I wonder if we’d take into account the lads maturing, character etc on who we took first , simply due to the factor that one may handle the number 1 pick label better then the other 2 , great issue to have
If we got all three picks I could see us taking Jagga at 1 to both reward him for a stellar year and take the pressure off the other two given their injuries.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Possible trades
Rioli 6
Bolton 9, 16
Baker 23

Onceagain Rioli just for 6 is unders
Must be 2 Firsts

Reactions: 6 users
Dragons should walk in the Coates League premiership. Look to be classes above everyone else. However, hope Oakleigh can come from the pits this year to get in the GF with them so we can continue to see FOS and Jagpipes go round - and against Ashcroft, Reid etc.

Deee-licious !

Dragons should walk in the Coates League premiership. Look to be classes above everyone else. However, hope Oakleigh can come from the pits this year to get in the GF with them so we can continue to see FOS and Jagpipes go round - and against Ashcroft, Reid etc.

Deee-licious !
Oakleigh slapped them a few weeks ago. Emmett dominated the ruck, Jagga likewise the clearances, FOS cut them up, Gross was good, Yze shut out Ashcroft and Tovey did well on Armstrong. Oakleigh's main issue is the lack of a quality forward target. Sandy have Armstrong and Ludowycke, Oakleigh have Richardson and McKay.

Did Davey-Motlop get himself suspended after carving up Calder?

Oakleigh slapped them a few weeks ago. Emmett dominated the ruck, Jagga likewise the clearances, FOS cut them up, Gross was good, Yze shut out Ashcroft and Tovey did well on Armstrong. Oakleigh's main issue is the lack of a quality forward target. Sandy have Armstrong and Ludowycke, Oakleigh have Richardson and McKay.

Yeah that's true. But reckon over the full course of the year - including the finals - the Dragons are the team to beat. The Chargers only just fell in against the Knights last week and the Knights are bog average.

Reactions: 1 user
And for me add after Draft Combine. We find out someone runs over a 3sec, 20m and another 2.9sec or has a horror beep test, opinions may change.

I reckon the combine is only about the far reaches of the bell curve.

ruling a line through the kid who runs 3.25 20m or a 7 min 2km.

or a big circle around a kid like Darcy jones who breaks a record

but the 7 min 2km kid will be there on some strange fluke invite cause his old man plays golf with Paul connors and he will likely have been blowing up at half time in the footy and wont be in many calculations

and the Darcy Jones was scintillating on the footy field and everyone had him circled already.

the combine mostly confirms what you see.

the data might split Langford and Lalor or some conundrum like that?

If we got all three picks I could see us taking Jagga at 1 to both reward him for a stellar year and take the pressure off the other two given their injuries.
Let's call this Option B. I would prefer Option A: taking them in the order we rate them. That way if we take Lalor at 1 we all dip our lids to @bengal tigers , if it's FOS I'll permanently retire my @Scoop alt, and if it's Jagga we've gone with Option B.

:))

:peepwall

• Haha

Davey is out for 4 weeks

Algar did his finger playing basketball

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user