2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Puma Kings old school much better.
Hmmm. Dunno. I always wore Adidas boots. Our state rep teams were always sponsored by Puma. Boots, clothing, bags etc. You had to use their stuff. No exceptions. Their boots were ok. No problem. But not as good as the Adidas Copa Mundial.

Reactions: 1 user
Earlier in the year everyone was in raptures because Bobby Hill did a 20m pass to a team mate in the goasquare from the LH pocket with the outside of his right foot, which we see a lot these days. Adam Cooney made the observation that it was only a highlight because he has no left. If he had even just an OK left it would have been an unremarkable regulation pass. Interesting take.
Players should be able to kick left foot. But I accept that the coaches' dictum to use the preferred whenever possible is probably backed by data. And it doesn't follow that just because you can kick left foot that means you are a good left foot kick. Angus Brayshaw would lob several lovely-looking 45m left-footers onto the chests of opposition defenders on a weekly basis.

Same, wore them for a half, went in at half time and thought my feet were sweating a lot, took the boot off they had cut my feet up like a razor blade for some reason.

Fun fact, Gryan Miers dad invented the blade. And was a thug local footballer at Greensborough.
Yeah, they were hard on the feet. I don't think I bled though. But any time you tried to change direction too sharply on a hard ground, down you'd go.

Xavier Lindsay is actually another. Natural left but goes to a pretty good right quite often too.

unfortunately I don't believe there is a standout kpf, we're better served waiting later as there is a case to be made for many of them IMO
Coach has shown he likes Noah up forward and Bauer, Gray and Lefau show promise.

If we have pick 9/10 and Berry is gone maybe we will select Tauru.
Plus vfl listed Davidson with a later pick. (Hopefully also Tom Lynch gets on the field next yr).

Our forward line can be improved but it is not a problem, unlike our midfield which is easily the worst in the competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hmmm. Dunno. I always wore Adidas boots. Our state rep teams were always sponsored by Puma. Boots, clothing, bags etc. You had to use their stuff. No exceptions. Their boots were ok. No problem. But not as good as the Adidas Copa Mundial.
Both better than the lightweight plastic crap these days.

FOS & Jagga both named for Sunday's Prelim :clap2
Oakleigh, dead last to on the verge of making the GF!! If they can just play like some sort of team than a bunch of individuals they will go close to winning the whole thing

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Is there a possibility FOS doesn’t end up playing midfield at AFL level.

With his strong marking and disposal skill on both sides, could he go the same way as Lachie Whitfield, and end up predominantly playing on a flank or wing?

Is there a possibility FOS doesn’t end up playing midfield at AFL level.

With his strong marking and disposal skill on both sides, could he go the same way as Lachie Whitfield, and end up predominantly playing on a flank or wing?
Or Isaac Heeney?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
av disposalsU18 yr0U18 yr1U18yr2Carnival yr1Carnival yr2
RCDn/a12.218.1n/a12
Smillie17.626.323.92118.8

Extreme annoying that 2 of the most hyped players early in the year haven't really shown it this year (FOS AND Smille). Goodluck toce
It's an AFL conspiracy I tells ya.

• Haha
Coach has shown he likes Noah up forward and Bauer, Gray and Lefau show promise.

If we have pick 9/10 and Berry is gone maybe we will select Tauru.
Plus vfl listed Davidson with a later pick. (Hopefully also Tom Lynch gets on the field next yr).

Our forward line can be improved but it is not a problem, unlike our midfield which is easily the worst in the competition.
Have to disagree. Take away Lynch and I don't think any of our key forwards have proven themselves as a reliable #1 key forward yet. We need another top draft pick key forward after first couple of midfielders.

Screenshot_2024-09-14-07-27-41-57_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

With the picks we may have, if he's still there after the first couple/few then he would have to be in consideration. Not at 1 or 3 (or maybe 6) though hopefully. (side thought - Jagga, FOS and Smillie are theoretically a pretty harmonious combo at top flight)

Quick look at his stats vs RCD show he gets more of it at u18 level. But 100% agreeing his '24 carnival wasn't indicative of the hype (nor FOS) without any known injury excuse(?). Probably fair to say that richmond recruiters seemingly havent had a good eye for tall-mids in recent memory though

av disposalsU18 yr0U18 yr1U18yr2Carnival yr1Carnival yr2
RCDn/a12.218.1n/a12
Smillie17.626.323.92118.8

Extreme annoying that 2 of the most hyped players early in the year haven't really shown it this year (FOS AND Smille). Goodluck toce
On a side note, how on earth did RCD ever get drafted with numbers like that, let alone drafted in the first round?!?!

Those numbers are fourth round, rookie numbers at best.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users