2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Has anyone focused on dual-sided ability out of interest? I've watched a few videos and have found it very hard to tell as most seem to heavily favour kicking with the one side. Dual-sided abity is a non-negotiable imo.
i reckon the belief now is unless you are almost equally adept on your non-preferred foot you are better off using you preferred foot almost exclusively.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
i reckon the belief now is unless you are almost equally adept on your non-preferred foot you are better off using you preferred foot almost exclusively.
Everyone should have a reliable get-out kick, even if just 20-30m.

Reactions: 4 users
Fos and jagga are so different jagga hasn't got the tank to carry and run long distances throughout a match,he's a super agile inside eel,jagga more agile than fos, but fos has the bigger tank which will make him invaluable at afl level with multiple afl traits.

I have RCD vibes with Smillie. Big bodied mid with attributes and lots of room for improvement but a) Couldnt find enough of the footy and b) didn’t improve.
If we don’t draft him geeeez I hope your right 😁

One thing Smillie has all over RCD is his kicking

Reactions: 1 user
Fos and jagga are so different jagga hasn't got the tank to carry and run long distances throughout a match,he's a super agile inside eel,jagga more agile than fos, but fos has the bigger tank which will make him invaluable at afl level with multiple afl traits.

Eh? Not sure where you get that Mick doesn't have a tank.

His endurance and aerobic capacity to cover the ground up and back all match is elite.

Reactions: 7 users
True Jason "King" Castagna.

Reckon the first will be when Graham only gets end of 2nd round compo. band 4.

Seems most are banking on band 3. Hope am wrong but very much doubt that will happen.

Especially considering we have upped our offer. A clear sign we know the Eagles offer won't trigger band 3.

Personally, not worrying about who we will draft where until trades are done and we know our picks. Too much water to go under the bridge.

Boring, Leysy knows.
Now that I have pre-empted the melts, I must stay silent on junior draft picks :ROFLMAO:

The last I heard (a week ago) was Jack wasn't going to the West Cokes, but he is wanting a contract to set himself up. The wedding, family etc.

Reactions: 1 users
The last bit of mail that went around , which a few on here had heard was The Toce favoured big Smillie shoemaker, I haven’t seen anything anywhere to say this has changed ? I like others hope it was incorrect or he’s changed his mind , though in saying that I wouldn’t be one bit shocked if Smillie Vanilli does turn out the best of the crop of 24
I have RCD vibes with Smillie. Big bodied mid with attributes and lots of room for improvement but a) Couldnt find enough of the footy and b) didn’t improve.

With the picks we may have, if he's still there after the first couple/few then he would have to be in consideration. Not at 1 or 3 (or maybe 6) though hopefully. (side thought - Jagga, FOS and Smillie are theoretically a pretty harmonious combo at top flight)

Quick look at his stats vs RCD show he gets more of it at u18 level. But 100% agreeing his '24 carnival wasn't indicative of the hype (nor FOS) without any known injury excuse(?). Probably fair to say that richmond recruiters seemingly havent had a good eye for tall-mids in recent memory though

av disposalsU18 yr0U18 yr1U18yr2Carnival yr1Carnival yr2
RCDn/a12.218.1n/a12
Smillie17.626.323.92118.8

Extreme annoying that 2 of the most hyped players early in the year haven't really shown it this year (FOS AND Smille). Goodluck toce

Eh? Not sure where you get that Mick doesn't have a tank.

His endurance and aerobic capacity to cover the ground up and back all match is elite.
He did an 840 yo-yo in pre-season. Same as Jack Whitlock. Very good rather than elite. Armstrong did 960, FOS 1000.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
He did an 840 yo-yo in pre-season. Same as Jack Whitlock. Very good rather than elite. Armstrong did 960, FOS 1000.

But more importantly, he gets up and down the ground in matches bloody well.

• Haha
  • Love
Unfortunately it's a rarity. FOS, Berry, Dattoli all good on the opposite.
Lalor's alright on his left,doesn't use it as much though ,and not the same penetration as the right foot.

Anyway from what l have been told ,recruiters are quite busy doing home visits lately ,Lalor has met with the Tigers,as well as north/Saints/Crows,,Tiges have also met with Hannaford,Faull, Ough O,O,,O.,Tiges also spoke with next years prospects Charlie Mckinnon,and Harley Hicks at training .

Anyway l have my wish list .
Lalor,Fos,Reid ,Langford Dattoli ,Allen ,Whitlock,Faull,Tauru,Ough,,O,,O,Hannaford Jaques ,Dobson ,Boxshall,Charleson,Trevaglia,,Archer Day Wicks ,O,Farell,Hynes,Murphy.

I will put them in order once trade week is over,,but they are the player's l hope we get SOME of ,,LALOR NON NEGOTIABLE MUST BE A TIGER :LOL:

Reactions: 6 users
Watching Reids highlights, I was surprised with how many over the head, look away handballs he did.
Not sure you get away with that in the AFL
About half of Brad Close's possessions against Port were no-look over the shoulder numbers. Not sure if this is am aberration, but he had plenty.

I forgot to post on here last month ,,SA are already doing trials for there side for next year .
They will be one to watch next year..

Everyone should have a reliable get-out kick, even if just 20-30m.
Earlier in the year everyone was in raptures because Bobby Hill did a 20m pass to a team mate in the goasquare from the LH pocket with the outside of his right foot, which we see a lot these days. Adam Cooney made the observation that it was only a highlight because he has no left. If he had even just an OK left it would have been an unremarkable regulation pass. Interesting take.

Reactions: 4 users
I forgot to post on here last month ,,SA are already doing trials for there side for next year .
They will be one to watch next year..
I believe WA are also going to have a stronger squad for the 2025 championships