2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I'll preface it by saying dont really understand them and im largely going off what other blokes say.

I like Simms the most, but hes gonna be there in the 20's almost certainly. maybe even 30's. its just a hunch on a few traits ive seen - speed, agility, taking there ball high one grab, below the knees work. all glimpses, which iOS all I expect out of an 18yo FF.

I also like what I see in Jack Whitlock (work rate up field, mitts)

but I think the data suggests Armstrong is the most blue chip and probably should be the first called?

ive been banging on about data and evidence all year, so I can suddenly start going on vibe.

Faull has a body of work and a rapidly improving trajectory, which im big on.

But yeah, I think J Riewoldt and N.balta are the only talls I can claim to have gotten very right over the years?

since you asked, but take with a fistful of grains of salt
Armstrong is the answer (if available?)

Reactions: 1 user
Bengal and Jagga .:eek:

Richmond and Lalor :)

if I was a betting man, perish the thought,

id say it was significantly more likely Lalor plays for Richmond than FOS

namely, that I reckon our best picks will be 1 and 6 (clubs just aren't gonna throw top 5 picks about like Santa with lollies in the deepest, richest draft in 7 years)

and im pretty sure Jagga goes 1, and Lalor is way more likely to be at 6 than FOS

So Jagga first & Lalor our second pick?

whoever Dees leave out of lalor or langford I reckon? they might take Reid and we take our pick, which I wouldn't want to be doing.

Id have to go langford in line with my evidence based approach, but I wouldn't sleep for 2 years until it became clear the Sam Lalor isn't Dusty.

although Dusty was clearly going to be Dusty after 1 game.

then im reaching for JoeBerry at 9, probably Lindsay at 10, maybe Travaglia at 14, perhaps Bo 'Peter' Allan at 17,

and I think I'll have a leisurely breakfast a three coffees and take Jonty 'Python' Faull at 21 and Tom Gross at 29 and Tom Simms at 33

jagga, langford, JB, XL, Toby 'gelato' Travaglia, Bo 'when my baby goes to Richmond' Allan, Jonty Python, Tom Gross Pay, and Tom Dim Simms

then I reckon I'll just become a full time premiership attendee for a decade or so?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Personally, just off the top of my head, it should be:

Dragons: Dalton (2025), Ludowyke (2025), Armstrong, Oliver, Sulzberger and Voss.

Stingrays: Ah-Mu (2025), Hibbins-Hargreaves (2025), Hopkins, Doughton.

Chargers: Emmett (2025), Grlj (2025), Dowling.

Rebels: Charleson, Hannaford, Burmeister, Unwin.

Maybe a couple of others....
Oh yeah I read about Ah-Mu sounds a beast.

jagga and Lalor/Langford/Reid

I reckon FOS is heading west.

Jagga and Langford would send me batty.

The most vanilla early draft combo of all time.

Risk / reward is a thing and that combo would see us as average.

I would go FOS and Jagga/Draper/Lalor in that order. Gives us more upside while balancing risk IMHO

Reactions: 6 users
if I was a betting man, perish the thought,

id say it was significantly more likely Lalor plays for Richmond than FOS

namely, that I reckon our best picks will be 1 and 6 (clubs just aren't gonna throw top 5 picks about like Santa with lollies in the deepest, richest draft in 7 years)

and im pretty sure Jagga goes 1, and Lalor is way more likely to be at 6 than FOS
Highly doubt the recruiters will see it that way .Lalor at 6 :ROFLMAO:

Based on Twomey's rankings and expected bids / compos -

- Ashcroft bid
1 (2) - Jagga
6 (7) - Draper
- Saints Compo
9 (11) - Allan
- Lombard bid
10 (13) - Travaglia
- Kako bid
14 (18) - Hyne
17 (21) - Shanahan