2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Which clubs will have the collateral to trade up? No one will be able to offer Norf a better deal than we could, unless it's St Kilda with 7 and 8, and they won't do that. We could potentially get pick 2 for something like 6 & 14, maybe even 6 & 20 or 9 & 14 if Norf are a 'motivated seller'.

then its effectively lalor/langford/reid + berry for jagga,

when we could just take him at 1, then grab lalor/langford/reid + Berry

doesn't make much sense?

I think we will be realistic about 1 of FOS/Lalor at 3 or 6 and then get on with accumulating some more young guns like berry, Lindsay, Allan, gross, etc

such is the evenness and depth of this draft, its entirely possible 10-20 has four blokes go top 5 in retrospectives; its the year to trade down not up IMHO

we will already have a lot of eggs in the 2024 draft basket, I can't see us getting a smaller basket.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
then its effectively lalor/langford/reid + berry for jagga,

when we could just take him at 1, then grab lalor/langford/reid + Berry

doesn't make much sense?

I think we will be realistic about 1 of FOS/Lalor at 3 or 6 and then get on with accumulating some more young guns like berry, Lindsay, Allan, gross, etc

we will already have a lot of eggs in the 2024 draft basket, I can't see us getting a smaller basket.
There is less chance of FOS being at 3 than there is Jagga.

Reactions: 6 users
I couldn't disagree more strongly.
Me either.

This bloke provides a pretty good summary of why FOS is the 1. Not sure about the Phillipou comparison but Will Day athleticism with Nick Daicos skills is a pretty good description:

Reactions: 1 users
Me either.

This bloke provides a pretty good summary of why FOS is the 1. Not sure about the Phillipou comparison but Will Day athleticism with Nick Daicos skills is a pretty good description:

I honestly couldn't give less of a stuff what some ausbergers bloke who dresses himself from UniQlo says on the internet.

dont make me ride my pushy up your hill

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Toce looks Asbergers AF.

I could get the argument about who to take at 6, if its all about glimpses and upside and people holding their breath when a kid goes near the footy,

but not at Pick 1.

ive maintained that you take the renovated, harbour views mansion at 1

and grab the big triple corner block on the hill with the old shack at 6

and yes, the shack on a triple block could end up worth more.

but you've still got a renovated harbour view mansion

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
The problem here is jagga wont be there at 3.
That's fine. I'm going Draper at 3. Draper looks just as good as Jagga and has similarly good numbers against men.

FOS and Jagga/Draper is a good combo and Lalor added in is a great diverse hand.

Reactions: 9 users
That's fine. I'm going Draper at 3. Draper looks just as good as Jagga and has similarly good numbers against men.

FOS and Jagga/Draper is a good combo and Lalor added in is a great diverse hand.

yeah I think we can all agree that it will take some pretty high level incompetence

for less than half a dozen ripper 18 yo's in black and yellow next year.

Reactions: 2 users
I could get the argument about who to take at 6, if its all about glimpses and upside and people holding their breath when a kid goes near the footy,

but not at Pick 1.

ive maintained that you take the renovated, harbour views mansion at 1

and grab the big triple corner block on the hill with the old shack at 6

and yes, the shack on a triple block could end up worth more.

but you've still got a renovated harbour view mansion
Is Jagga a harbour view mansion or is he a real nice family home in Toorak?

FOS is the harbour mansion, just a few shingles missing from the roof and a couple of broken windows at the moment.

We could go around in circles in here or over a margarita. Going by his record (Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Wilson), FOS looks like a Toce pick to me, as well as looking like the clear #1 to me.

I will bet you a bottle of tequila we don't pick Jagga at 1 unless we also have pick 2. (Either way you're making the margs.)

FOS is the harbour mansion, just a few shingles missing from the roof and a couple of broken windows at the moment.

We could go around in circles in here or over a margarita. Going by his record (Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Wilson), FOS looks like a Toce pick to me, as well as looking like the clear #1 to me.

I will bet you a bottle of tequila we don't pick Jagga at 1 unless we also have pick 2. (Either way you're making the margs.)

done

we'll watch the draft, and I'll have them poured during Norfs think time.

see if you can get Rooster Anejo

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
If u ask the question, which player in coates league has the most afl traits then it's no competition has to be fos.
Not who has vfl traits,much higher level AFL traits, were not looking for Liam Mcbean, looking for luke Darcy.

Last edited:
If u ask the question, which player in coates league has the most afl traits then it's no competition has to be fos.
Not who has vfl traits,much higher level AFL traits, were not looking for Liam Mcbean, looking for like Darcy.

if you ask the question, how come FOS only gets the ball 13 times a game across all levels in 2024?

whats the answer? if its injury, whats the injury? if its fitness, when does he get fit?

=risk

again, I'll reiterate my POV: I love FOS and want him at Richmond, but not take the risk at pick 1.

there is zero risk attached to Jagga. 0, nada. nought. zilch.

at pick 1 you take no risk.

at pick 5 you take a tiny bit of risk

at pick 20 you take some risk.

at pick 50 you take a lot of risk.

its a pretty realistic and foolproof matrix IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Getting pick 14 or whatever it actually ends up being is the easiest thing to do. But what is the actual cost for us of getting that pick?
According to the comments n thoughts of some ( and as you've posted also ) this return pick from Brisvegas is the be all and end all of the deal. I'm saying at the price required we're simply ripping ourselves off badly so there needs to be some big sweeteners for us in the deal somewhere.
We give away some of our junk picks (say 39 41 57 and 66) which we won't use for Pick 14 which we can get a good player with, or use in another deal. Brisbane can use the junk picks to match a bid for Ashcroft.

I went to take a look at the Real Estate for myself.
Jagga is a very good footballer. The Daicos comparison is completely wrong. Daicos is who he is because of his elite kicking skills. Jagga does not have anything resembling elite kicking skills. Jagga is a very good methodical mid who is an very average footballer outside the congestion. Morris mentioned that he needs to work on his attacking game. 100% could see his limitations.

Reactions: 5 users
Which clubs will have the collateral to trade up? No one will be able to offer Norf a better deal than we could, unless it's St Kilda with 7 and 8, and they won't do that. We could potentially get pick 2 for something like 6 & 14, maybe even 6 & 20 or 9 & 14 if Norf are a 'motivated seller'.
Yep - we need to get pick 2 off North. Can't decide bw FOS and Jagga so we need both.

Jagga is a very good methodical mid who is an very average footballer outside the congestion.

that is an extraordinary opinion

I think im gonna start a thread before the draft

something like 'post 'yes' in here if you think Jagga Smith wont be a champion'

so we can review in 5 years. it will simplify the retrospective handwringing substantially, either way.

I wouldn't hesitate to nail my colours to the mast in a similar Josh Smilie thread

• Haha
  • Love
I honestly couldn't give less of a stuff what some ausbergers bloke who dresses himself from UniQlo says on the internet.

dont make me ride my pushy up your hill

No but i were at that Punt Road game live too and it is what sold me on FOS

Reactions: 5 users
Wouldnt it be extra-large?

Would be great if he has little brothers; a dursma type family.

We could have 2XL and 3XL running around
Too long, and doesn't roll off the tongue like Large. Little blokes called large are a continuation of a great Aussie tradition of the opposite being true.

I like draftees who break lines, who can kick either foot, who take the game on, who despite their size run straight lines and have a physical presence.

That's XL.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Too long, and doesn't roll off the tongue like Large. Little blokes called large are a continuation of a great Aussie tradition of the opposite being true.

I like draftees who break lines, who can kick either foot, who take the game on, who despite their size run straight lines and have a physical presence.

That's XL.

yeah hes a ripper and has the pace we desperately need.

him and travaglia pinging off HBF's and it'll be 'Danny who?' :cool: