2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

This draft reminds of a cricket saying, “it was a good toss to lose”

I would rather not trade down any further and lose a top 20 pick to move up to second

There seems a reluctance around Smillie. Why is that? Seems like a big bodied mid that moves well with decent skills. Tom Green Type?
Wasn't Green part of the reason why Taranto & Hopper had to go (all too slow)?

Reactions: 1 user
That was from his 3 games at vfl Richmond

Not really. He had 425m gained in the Under 18 Championships final.

We do that with our current list. The hype on Kaleb Smith, James Tresize, Sampson Ryan, Steely Green as prospects who will make it is just unrealtisitc.

We all do fall into that trap at times. And don't forget the most over-hyped of them all. Your boy Tyler.

Reactions: 3 users
We all do fall into that trap at times. And don't forget the most over-hyped of them all. Your boy Tyler.
I’d rather over hype top 10 talents that slide as midfielders then late picks or whacky inflatable car wash men.

Happy enough for Brisvegas to torch two years of first rounders to get Ashcroft, that's simply what they'll need to do regardless of whether they trade or not.

Pretty sure the last time I looked that there's still another 16 clubs that we can organise trading deals with throughout this years draft or next years draft.
Which other club needs to trade?
I'll start you off.
Gold coast

It changes things a lot. If your Melbourne or Adelaide with one early pick would you risk it on someone who's body mightn't hold up the rigours of afl.
If your Richmond with a lot of early picks you can take that risk. Maybe he slides out to 9-12.
Agree.

Any deal with Bris will have a "handshake" agreement that we won't be screwing them over by bidding. This should ensure they deal with us & that the deal works for us.
We are the kings.
No retreat No surrender
They don't pay, we flex and knock them out of virtually 2 drafts.
I've called the club

Who said anything like trading that sort of amount to them? Seems like you've got a bee in your bonnet and you are determined to keep making the point. Most have been pushing that we are in a strong spot to only pay a small premium on their pick value, purely because we can promise not to bid on Ashcroft, which means they wil likely have to trade a pick from next year into this year which we would pay a premium for. If we got their 1st this year and next year, would you be complaining?
Obviously haven't read much of what I've been saying these past few pages.

Which other club needs to trade?
I'll start you off.
Gold coast
Well then you could maybe possibly add in Wet Coke n the Frockers and then after that who knows? Maybe the Moggies need some help for Sniff, or someone want to get hold of a couple of reasonable draft picks this year that they'll swap next years for or perhaps even a disgruntled young player. Every club in the comp will be trying to work out a deal for player trades or draft picks, same as every year. Yet you mindlessly rabbit on about us providing all the points value Brisvegas need to get Ashcroft for their first pick. That's a *smile* deal for us and there needs to be some sweeteners in there as I've said to you over and over. Then all you do is come back with this rubbish.

Langford not Lalor at 6.

Its a conundrum.

Ive been advocating science.

But if we let evidence guide us for our first 2-3 picks,

Im happy to use some voodoo early too.

Langford v lalor is a fascinating choice that will echo through the millennia.

One solution is grab both of em?

Im leaning towards one only of FOS or Lalor.

Reactions: 1 users
Its a conundrum.

Ive been advocating science.

But if we let evidence guide us for our first 2-3 picks,

Im happy to use some voodoo early too.

Langford v lalor is a fascinating choice that will echo through the millennia.

One solution is grab both of em?

Im leaning towards one only of FOS or Lalor.

Nah its an easy one. Get the kid who has the form, finds the footy 30 times and kicks goals.

Reactions: 4 users
Let's grab Sid Draper this year and bring him a SA friend in Dyson Sharp next year.

Reactions: 2 users
i reckon some guys can get it 30 times and not be overly damaging, because half the disposals are 1,2s or 15mt chip kicks backwards that arent acheiving much. But i dont see that with (my limited viewing of) Smith. He often uses it short, but it looks generally constructive, and neat.

I really cant see how he is not no1 pick. (or no 2 if we bid on Ashcroft- which i doubt.)
I think the feedback he got from Morris was his wakeup call in regards to being more constructive.Think FOS will go #1 more to that there is a slight chance North taking FOS than there is taking Jagga.