2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

He had one game in the Champs where he had 30 p but only 54m gained which I reckon fed into the narrative that he wasn't damaging with his possessions. I believe someone had a word in his ear (or he got that feedback) and he took that on the chin and set to work to be more of a go forward player and it seems to have worked. That's the kind of kid he is, a worker and always wanting to improve. There's lots to love about Jagga Smith.
That was from his 3 games at vfl Richmond

So Sunday RESA Park, (Moorabbin), the venue for this week's Coates Prelims

Reactions: 1 users
Only saw Simms ruck on the weekend before getting injured early in the 3rd, I have not seen him play forward.

Didn't take a mark so he made no impression on me at all.

Was surprised to read pre-season his Agility results:

10. Thomas Sims (Northern Knights) 7.909sec
I am with you. Did not impress at all.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah I see the class.

but the elephant in the room is hes averaged about 14 disposals across all games and levels in 2024.

admittedly, thats only about been half a dozen games.

It would be an enormously bold punt at pick 1, given the CV's among his cohort.

I honestly think, if you take the emotion out of it, the vibe that everyone gets,

and stuck to the empirical body of evidence over the last 3 years, factoring in risk and making a few assumptions,

he's behind Ashcroft, Lombard, Jagga, Draper and probably Langford

so maybe actual pick 5-6?
I have been a big FOS fan since watching him in the 2023 championships but never thought we would be in a position to get him as I didn’t foresee us having such a poor season. Based purely on his output this year he probably isn’t a top 30 pick to be honest but we all know the reasons why. Therefore it is amazing that recruiters and draft experts still consider him a chance for pick one or at the worst top three. Why is this ?? It can only be that at his best they still believe he is clearly better than anyone else in the pool despite some of them having outstanding seasons. While other fancies like Smillie have seemingly lost favour the anomaly that is FOS continues to tease us all !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
He had one game in the Champs where he had 30 p but only 54m gained which I reckon fed into the narrative that he wasn't damaging with his possessions. I believe someone had a word in his ear (or he got that feedback) and he took that on the chin and set to work to be more of a go forward player and it seems to have worked. That's the kind of kid he is, a worker and always wanting to improve. There's lots to love about Jagga Smith.
If I remember correctly that is the feedback he got from Steve Morris as well, needs to move the ball forward more often.

Reactions: 4 users
I always cringe when I see pretty much everyone counting low picks we can get and then naming 3 young highly rated stars we get if it goes to plan.
I applaud your courage as it's a big no for me to count our chickens early.
Yeah. My concern (with no evidence) is that we end up with a really nice haul of picks lauded by everyone except for Richmond supporters :giggle:
I hope we haven’t convinced ourselves of a fantasy.
Don’t get me wrong, I love reading everyone’s ideas, but I am sure that if a non Tiger fan did the same scenarios on Bolton, Baker, Rioli, Graham and Brisbane pick swap it would end up being something not as beneficial to us.

Reactions: 2 users
I always cringe when I see pretty much everyone counting low picks we can get and then naming 3 young highly rated stars we get if it goes to plan.
I applaud your courage as it's a big no for me to count our chickens early.
We do that with our current list. The hype on Kaleb Smith, James Tresize, Sampson Ryan, Steely Green as prospects who will make it is just unrealtisitc.

Reactions: 3 users