2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

From my viewing of the two games today you are 100% bidding on Levi Ashcroft at 1, (40d 2.2 today), and making Brisbane either pay up or deal for their 1st round pick.
Murphy Reid 25d and 3.1 looked very good in an understated way, kicked one of his goals from 65 out with the wind that cleared the pack. He doesn't look quick but @Mr Brightside said he sees a bit of Steele Sidebottom in him which probably isn't far off the mark.
Jagga keeps on keeping on, 31d and a goal
FOS quiet, 16d, but I still love him.
Tom Gross had 21d and kicked 2.3
Dattoli had 21d
Amstrong 13d and 4.0
Simms: Solely rucked in first half and then did his ankle in first ruck contest in the 2nd half and took no further part and ending up on crutches.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
Finn is an absolute super star.
Played injured the last quarter.
Turned the match when it was there to be won.

Reactions: 2 users
Finn is an absolute super star.
Played injured the last quarter.
Turned the match when it was there to be won.
Where you at the game?? At the 3/4 time huddle FOS had his thumb heavily strapped, is that the injury you are referring to or something else as he played the last qtr.

Reactions: 1 user
Where you at the game?? At the 3/4 time huddle FOS had his thumb heavily strapped, is that the injury you are referring to or something else as he played the last qtr.
Yes was at the game.
It was a hip injury. I think he had an issue with his hip?
Finn was off the ground for 7 or so minutes each quater except the last. He was moved forward after he hurt himself in a marking contest.
Then the last 5 minutes went onto the ball.
Broke two tacklers sent the ball forward and his team kicked the winning goal. In the last few minutes.

Reactions: 7 users
Yes was at the game.
It was a hip injury. I think he had an issue with his hip?
Finn was off the ground for 7 or so minutes each quater except the last. He was moved forward after he hurt himself in a marking contest.
Then the last 5 minutes went onto the ball.
Broke two tacklers sent the ball forward and his team kicked the winning goal. In the last few minutes.
Finn missed last week with a hip injury. Sounds like he copped another knock on it. The thumb has bothered him (as well as a broken finger in the first half of the year) for the back half of the year. They take a while to get over and very painful.

The West Australian reported today that the Eagles have ruled out a straight swap for Baker and Pick 3. No surprise there. I wonder if they will consider Baker and Pick 10 (with a later exchange). Pick 10 would get them Bo Allen you'd think (saw him interviewed at Peel today and he is an impressive specimen and a well spoken young fella).

The deeper Hawthorn go into finals, the harder it will be to get Allen with the Hawks pick for Barrass if it ends up being 15/16+

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
From my viewing of the two games today you are 100% bidding on Levi Ashcroft at 1, (40d 2.2 today), and making Brisbane either pay up or deal for their 1st round pick.
Murphy Reid 25d and 3.1 looked very good in an understated way, kicked one of his goals from 65 out with the wind that cleared the pack. He doesn't look quick but @Mr Brightside said he sees a bit of Steele Sidebottom in him which probably isn't far off the mark.
Dattoli had 21d
Amstrong 13d and 4.0
Simms: Solely rucked in first half and then did his ankle in first ruck contest in the 2nd half and took no further part and ending up on crutches.

Do we bid on Ashcroft or do a deal with Brisbane agreeing not to?

Don't like the idea of bidding first for a player we can't get, sort of takes the shine off the number 1 pick.

DS

Don't like the idea of bidding first for a player we can't get, sort of takes the shine off the number 1 pick.

DS
If we rate Ashcroft number 1 or close to it, we have to bid on him. Or threaten to to get what we want.
No more Mr Nice Guys. Threaten every club and cause mayhem.
Time to get nasty.

Reactions: 14 users
View attachment 24247
Sounds like Pick 3 is there if we want it
Interesting. The fact that Pyke didn't reject 3 and Baker means it's absolutely in play.

Weagles will want Baker and 6 for 3. We'll push for either Baker and 9 or 10 (these are on the assumptions that we have 6,9 or 10 from Dan/Shai trades).

Possible later pick swaps included?

Reactions: 5 users
If we rate Ashcroft number 1 or close to it, we have to bid on him. Or threaten to to get what we want.
No more Mr Nice Guys. Threaten every club and cause mayhem.
Time to get nasty.
Doesn't pick 1 get a bonus or something from NAB as well? I'd rather give that to our player than theirs.

Let's get pick 2 off North and bid on him there

Reactions: 1 user
Dattoli had 21d
Amstrong 13d and 4.0
Fan of Gross, hopefully still there somewhere in the 20's

Jagga keeps on keeping on

DS
We can’t publicly say we’ll bid at 1 and then not bid because we’ve agreed privately not to after an exchange of picks works in our favour.

It’s absolutely essential we bid on Ashcroft at 1. Let’s bleed the lions given they will have to trade with us for points. Let’s convert later picks this year into their first next year and make it in our favour. We will give you the 1000 points you need this year for your first pick next year. Let them waste this years first round pick so our later picks also come in. Given we need speed I would also bid on Lombard at 9 or 10 as you know the suns will match and it also s makes our later picks come in.

Reactions: 6 users
Also while the number 1 pick gets a bonus we need to do what is in our interest not just the draftees. It didn’t help NM with JHF and any player who has a sook we didn’t take them at 1 is not the sort of player I want at the club.

Unless Bo Allan gives off vibes that he doesn't want to move to Tigerland I'd be trying to get him. Along with the talent he seems a natural leader.

Reactions: 3 users
we were never going to get pick 3 for Baker

Baker and pick 6 for pick 3 is dumb
even Baker and pick 10 for pick 3 is wrong thinking

Reactions: 6 users