2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

GWS showing that with....
1 lots of high draft picks
2 a few years maturity
3 added mature trades
4 good coaching
...high draft picks in big numbers can succeed.
We really need to take as many as possible now.
4 mids/ small forward
2 tall forwards/ utility
1 Ruck if avaialble..otherwise utility
Ie 7!
Think we're setting up for the GWS method of stockpiling as many 1st rnds as possible then after 2yrs when clubs come knocking we continue to "refresh" the list on the run with a min of 2 1st rnds per year.
The difference is the GF is at the G and the majority of the sides are in melb.GWS kryptonite is games away from home.

Reactions: 1 user
Just on Jagga's size.
At draft time Rozee 185cm 72kg
Butters 178cm 70kg
Shane Edwards 182cm 69kg

Not saying Mick will end up like these, he is a different player. But slightweights can make it.

"Tipping the scales at just 72 kilograms, Rozee will require a couple of solid pre-seasons spent toiling away in the gym. Gaining a couple of kg's will allow Rozee to move into a role on-ball in the foreseeable future. However if he is ever to move on-ball, the contested side to his game will also require further improvement. At this stage, he appears restricted to 'outside' roles either across the wing or flanks. Winning the hard, contested stuff is not one of Rozee's greatest assets, and this can partially be attributed to his skinny frame and not having been played in roles which require brute strength. At this stage he appears limited to a role as a small forward, defender or wingman"

"Butters is a smooth mover who has a neat sidestep that he uses to get out of trouble, because he has a light frame that still needs to be developed in order to impact one-on-one. He is good overhead with great speed and agility, as well as excellent vision."

"Edwards...Represented SA at U-18s. Excellent endurance, reads the play well, but may need time in the gym.”
The thing that worry me about port us how poor their mids play in most their finals especially butters rosey

Subiaco’s Burke, Champion, Henderson
Claremont’s, Hayes, Angove, Riddle, Curtin, Wildberger.

Reactions: 1 users
Speed on the flanks from halfbacks, wingers and half forwards. Small forwards who apply pressure but also kick goals.
That’s a key message I have got from the finals so far.
We know we need mids but we also need to replace Rioli and Bolton in particular over the next year or two.

Reactions: 6 users
GWS showing that with....
1 lots of high draft picks
2 a few years maturity
3 added mature trades
4 good coaching
...high draft picks in big numbers can succeed.
We really need to take as many as possible now.
4 mids/ small forward
2 tall forwards/ utility
1 Ruck if avaialble..otherwise utility
Ie 7!
Our recruiting model was astute drafting from 2006 then trade back into that draft a few years later (eg Houli and Grigg).

So now we attack these drafts, become a destination club as we rise, and then trade for more players from the 2024-25 drafts plus free agents when Tassie dilutes the draft.

Reactions: 6 users
Speed on the flanks from halfbacks, wingers and half forwards. Small forwards who apply pressure but also kick goals.
That’s a key message I have got from the finals so far.
We know we need mids but we also need to replace Rioli and Bolton in particular over the next year or two.
High pressure, speed and hard running to spread.

Speed on flanks we have. MRioli, Mansell, Campbell, Clarke, Ralphsmith, Brown. If Smith and Green come on too.
Some are still building endurance to spread.

This draft we need to concntrate on the centre square

Reactions: 5 users
Not sure why I think it, but Murphy Reid seems like a Melbourne pick. Reckon if they keep pick 5, they take Reid there. Another reason why I think Jagga will still be there at 6.

No he won't Jagga another 31d and a goal today in a 2 point win to Oakleigh

Reactions: 3 users
So for people in the know has fos ever had 25 plus disposal games and played midfield this year even last year. Cause I think we take jagga with first pick