2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

whats he do? get around by left-handed cartwheels?

not aimed at you JS,

but I think this thread is losing its (hive) mind.

we need to be careful with these 10 first rounders,

that we dont have 15,000 members in the loony bin
Yeah it will be too overcrowded with that many in here there :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If you’re a gambler and are prepared to die by your own sword, then this is the correct strategy.
But 100k members may find out where you live if it doesn’t work out.
I’d prefer a safer bet myself. Smith or Draper for rolled gold pick number 1, FOS or Lalor for the edgier pick and Reid or Langford/Allen for the risk reward

we can have it all; cover all basis this year

rolled gold, blue chip, upsides, ceilings, x-factor.

The One Draft to Rule Them All.

our precious.

we can be like an expansion side, with a 140-year history, The AFL as our nemesis, and success.

my oh my.

do. not. *smile*. this. up. Tocey (is he OK?).

• Love
Pick 3 on the table for Baker, according to Ralph HS

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
A broken finger, a broken thumb and a severe corky. I wouldn't be too worried about those. They can happen to anyone.

He recently had a sore hip flexor which is a small concern but more likely to do with him finally playing some footy after a long time off and 18yo bodies growing and getting knocked about. FOS has that wiry build (so does Jagga) that usually shows a lot of durability.

You can hardly question his ability to take contact when he's had broken fingers, that's just bad luck.
Unfortunately bad luck seems to follow some players. The football graveyard is full of them.
And FOS has had his fair share of it.

you do realise that this is a colts (Under 19) game ?
Yep..can see the opposition is poor.
But he works hard to get the ball, competes hard and can mark. Is not a bean pole.
So has much more going for him on this viewing. I dont see any of that in any games Samson plays.
Whether Gerreyn can be an AFL player remains to be seen...possibly too slow.
But at least he gives himself a chance.

our precious.
Lord Of The Rings Bridezilla GIF by Max

• Haha
Yep..can see the opposition is poor.
But he works hard to get the ball, competes hard and can mark. Is not a bean pole.
So has much more going for him on this viewing. I dont see any of that in any games Samson plays.
Whether Gerreyn can be an AFL player remains to be seen...possibly too slow.
But at least he gives himself a chance.
Sampson would still struggle @ U/7's level.

Lalor out hamstring

Looked injured last week

He's the one more than FoS that is an injury concern ILO. Hes had multiple hammies, hip etc.

Huge scope but Reckon he will be a very slow burn to get to AFL level conditioning.

Looks to have a body that will take 3-4 pre seasons minimum (without ongoing issues) to get to a stage where he can have the aerobic capacity to impact in the midfield at AFL level ( if it gets there).

The recruiting teams will have more info to make a more calculated call, but posted a few times, Donuts Lawler's athletic prowess will be a question mark Blair and Toce will need comfort on when talking the top end of the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Unfortunately bad luck seems to follow some players. The football graveyard is full of them.
And FOS has had his fair share of it.
I'd be a lot more concerned about using a first rounder on someone like Hotton who has had a full knee reco at 18 than FOS who had a couple of broken fingers. That's my take on it anyway.

He's the one more than FoS that is an injury concern ILO. Hes had multiple hammies, hip etc.

Huge scope but Reckon he will be a very slow burn to get to AFL level conditioning.

Looks to have a body that will take 3-4 pre seasons minimum (without ongoing issues) to get to a stage where he can have the aerobic capacity to impact in the midfield at AFL level ( if it gets there).

The recruiting teams will have more info to make a more calculated call, but posted a few times, Donuts Lawler's athletic prowess will be a question mark Blair and Toce will need comfort on when talking the top end of the draft.
Donut Guts could be the new Fridge !

Cool. I'm in baby !

It's worth remembering that while the other lads do a pre season, Lalor has been playing cricket. He looks to be carrying 5-10 kilos so considering he's performed as well as he has that's something. You're right once he gets a few preseason a under his belt in a professional environment he could be anything. Will need to be nursed along initially.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd be a lot more concerned about using a first rounder on someone like Hotton who has had a full knee reco at 18 than FOS who had a couple of broken fingers. That's my take on it anyway.
Fair enough.
But you’re choosing to ignore the corkie ( more bad luck ) and the latest hipflexer.