2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

This draft on it's own, even with a stack of picks, isn't going to be some massive platform for success in years to come. Its gonna take another 3 or 4 drafts on top of it.
If anyone has been thinking otherwise they need a Bex and a lie down. This is a multi year multi draft project. Quite frankly 3-4 years to build out the core is to me absolutely best case scenario.

The stars have aligned to this point, whether there's a Judd Carey Rance in this draft or not, and we have to make the most of it.
I am glad Toce is on board. We are definitely ready for a fresh set of eyes/philosophy whatever. And his recent work is not shabby.
We have to start somewhere and this draft is it.

Reactions: 2 users
So...pick a tall forward in the second round..say whitlock.
Round 1 next year

Brown Gibcus Broad
Short Balta Floss
R Smith Tarranto Campbell
Lalor Whitlock Berry
MRJ Lynch Bauer

Nank Smith FOS
IC Draper Hopper Ross Banks

2 more top picks next year ..starting to look decent.
If we miss Draper or Lalor..pick Reid or Allen...just as good...maybe better.
That side will cop some heavy spankings. Good. Next year we add Sharp/Greeves and my god 2028 is looking mighty fine.

Reactions: 4 users
So have we worked out if Smith, FoS or Lalor are better yet, or have we got 2 more months of debating to go? Mass debating at that.

...I want the AFL finals to *smile* off so we can get to draft camp, trade week and national draft.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Tigers need picks 1, 2 and 3 to get FOS, Lalor and Mick Jagga or Draper.

We do also need speed however.

Big hopes on Juddy Clarke getting back fit and finally making some advance. One who has speed and foot skills.

Kaleb Smith is another, that hopefully goes a level up over preseason.

Reactions: 3 users
Who do NM take at 2??
You’d think they have an abundance of mids. So hopefully “skinny little” Mick would be of little interest to them.
Hopefully they’d go a kpp. Maybe we could offer Dusty for pick 2. Lolnorf would probably fall for it

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Handy looking type not dissimilar to jai Newcombe, if we were trawling VFL tho I’d go Davidson , has more unique qualities
George is not solidly built like Newcombe.

BTW how bad is that soundtrack.

Reactions: 1 user
Another thing of note is the myth that FOS has grown considerably in height.
Looks identical in height to Smith from the vision.
That video was done 6 months ago.

As for "considerably" not sure I've seen that being touted. Just that he'd grown a tad. Think I said at PRO at the time he looked about 1cm taller. Then FOS said he'd grown 1cm didn't he ? Last week ?

All seems fair enough to me and therefore no "myth" (as such) to be worried about I wouldn't have thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users