2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

If Mini becomes West Coast coach ,he might want Bolton/baker,or they might want to go there.
So how about pick 3 and there pick from the Hawks ,we then get pick 6 from the suns .
We end up with 3 picks in the top 6,and 2 between 12 and 18,plus other picks that might be floated around in second round etc .

Lalor /Foss/Langford,or Dattoli,,,Then the best KP Forward available ,and another good player.
According to Beveridge Tiges have offered a 4 year contract to Graham .

Reactions: 1 users
It's an interesting comparison for the stat-minded. What's better - Jagga's 34 disposals and 0.5 goals per game, or Langford's 25 and 2.1? Does it put them on a relatively even par, so that we can say there is not much between them? If so, does Cooper Hynes' 25 and 2.1 then put him even with Langford and therefore close to or even par with Jagga? On paper Hynes is equally as productive as Langford, and it's not hard to argue their extra 1.6 goals per game each are worth as much or more than Jagga's extra 9 disposals.

George Stevens averaged 29 disposals for the Rebels last year.

Speaking to someone who would know last week and think that's still the plan. They are probably only going to take three picks in the draft as well. Currently they have 2, 22 and 40, so there could be a chance to trade for pick 2. Depends what we want to give up for it, what they'll accept, and if there's another suitor.
I would go for Jagga over Langford and Hynes. You would have to take into consideration how many of Jagga’s disposals become goal assists. We desperately need players with speed that can win the ball consistently from the centre bounces and Jagga especially and FOS are the men most capable of doing that from the current draft crop. No use having Langford or Hynes if the opposition is always winning the ball from the centre square. We need dominant midfielders to be able to feed the Langfords in the first place. And that goes for all the forwards, they need the ball to be delivered often and with speed and directness. I would be happy if we got Jagga at No. 1 but I would prefer FOS first. Hopefully we can get both.

With fos,it's his multiple afl weapons,
Booming kick,high mark, agility at pace.
U just can't miss with these traits as it's going to mean a high-quality afl.player.
U couldn't go into your first ever vfl game in worse condition.
He's not super ripped.
He's got injured during the game.
He's not had continuity playing in 2024.
BUT DESPITE THIS,MORRIS THOUGHT FOS WAS TOO GOOD FOR VFL.
You must have seen a lot of his junior football.
I’ve only been watching him this year and have seen nothing of his booming kick or high marking.
Are you sure you’re not thinking of Lalor?

Last edited:
You must have see a lot of his junior football.
I’ve only been watching him this year and have seen nothing of his booming kick or high marking.
That’s why recruiters watch kids over several years, just in case they get injury or illness in their draft year. Plenty of vision available of FOS if you want to make the effort ??

Reactions: 1 user
So Alix Tauru is part of Hawthorn's NGA ?

If that's right, I dunno if I can see them matching any bid on him which, maybe, could bite them on the bum in years to come.

That’s why recruiters watch kids over several years, just in case they get injury or illness in their draft year. Plenty of vision available of FOS if you want to make the effort ??
I remember talking to Matt Clarke re Darcy Wilson back in 2020 , MC knew more about him then then Darcy did 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You must have seen a lot of his junior football.
He finished 3rd in the vertical leap testing in march 2024 testing.
He definitely is a long kick.
I was on board with jagga then started watching everything on I could on fos,and his movements brought back memories of former champions long gone such as garry Wilson,flower,etc.
U rarely see this.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
@tigerman will be happy with Kayle Gerreyn's performance on the weekend. Back to the Colts so a man child in amongst boys, but bloody hell does this unit move. Dunno if I've seen someone his size move like that.

Reactions: 6 users
@tigerman will be happy with Kayle Gerreyn's performance on the weekend. Back to the Colts so a man child in amongst boys, but bloody hell does this unit move. Dunno if I've seen someone his size move like that.
Playing as a ruckman, I reckon he'll be a key forward.

But Richmond could do a trade with Brisbane pretty early - later picks for pick 14.
Why and how are Brisvegas gunna trade out pick 14? They need a *smile* load of points to be able to get Ashcroft and their academy kid this year and are way short of points already. Trading out pick 14 is going to leave them with enough value to get into the 4th round of the draft.
Are we supposedly somehow giving Brisvegas 3000 points worth of value for pick 14?

Geez....Gerreyn is miles ahead of Samson. He competes hard and can mark and kick.
Slow yes...but would be a big target forward and competes in the ruck around the ground. Not an AFL class key forward but big enough and tough enough to be valuable....Samson is not!