2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Why are we not talking about drafting Trainor , not so much at 1 , however he has to be a chance to get to Punt rd , looks a very good footballer who would fill a couple of our needs

Reactions: 2 users
Lalor just the 11 possessions today. 7 kicks. No goals.

Charleson 24 for the Rebels. Underrated that kid. Ditto Warburton for the Bushrangers with 32. Seems like Jack Whitlock played well also. Berry not so much.

Any stats on Langford today ?

25 I think, before the stupid app *smile* itself.

Reactions: 1 user
Fools comment. Reid always had agility and a burst with a step to get away from traffic, pace hasn’t changed.

That comment is made by someone jumping on the bandwagon and trying to justify why Reid is good now.
Or someone that has never watched him play lol

Reactions: 1 users
Yes but the engine room was 2, 3 and 9.
Without the elite top end we have a solid, top 4 team but it’s not winning when it counts.
All in different drafts spread out. We are trying to get as many tickets in a deep draft to get one of those building blocks, maybe two.

The talent runs deep its a viewpoints, more than ever, clubs will rate vastly different depending on needs. Murphy Reid at 6 and Joe Berry vs one of FOS or Lalor is what we are debating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Lalor just the 11 possessions today. 7 kicks. No goals.
I watched the first half. He felt for his left hammy a couple of times in the first quarter. He went to the bench twice in the first half of the second quarter and to full-forward when he came back on. Didn't move far from the goal square.

Hannaford and big Floyd the ones to impress from what I saw.

Reactions: 4 users
I watched the first half. He felt for his left hammy a couple of times in the first quarter. He went to the bench twice in the first half of the second quarter and to full-forward when he came back on. Didn't move far from the goal square.
Just on this. Almost seems to be a necessary ritual these days with a bunch of the young kids that are rated at the first round of the draft, that a heap of them carry injuries n niggles into the last few rounds of the year or miss heaps or all of the combine testing. Just seems that the kids are smashing themselves trying to impress for selections with little regard for the fact their bodies need to hold up for another 10 to 15 years if they're actually any good.

Hannaford and big Floyd the ones to impress from what I saw.

Is Donut Guts gonna be soft tissue injury prone ?

Just what we'd need....

West Coast won't trade Pick 3. North far more likely to try and trade 2 IMO, they don't really need mids, they need talls and could get 2 picks to take them, but they may not get a huge premium on those picks. I agree that 6 and 9/10 is not going to happen, but what about 6 and 17 (if we get that from Freo as part of the Bolton trade). I reckon that opens up options for us.
West coast wont trade 3?
Any reasons? New coach would be one.

On the trade side
- need everything. So multiple picks help
- getting Trainor helps cover the loss of Barass. Should be available later 5-12
- best west aussie mid Bo Allen should be available 10-15
- key forward / back can be selected 10-20
- chief recruiter is known to trade back. And he can point to RFC's current hand as the best way

In essence they can pick the best WA mid to counter go-home factor and get a key back.
By trading away 3 on someone they werent going to choose anyway.
Matuhew clarke as list manager? They trade.

In my no idea opinion

If Trainor and Smile go top 5, one of FOS, Jagga, Draper, Lalor is there at 6

its quite realistic
Why do you think Trainor goes top 5?
Yes he's rated as the best tall, but it doesnt get him more points than a mid.
There has been comments on here that north should pick him because they need talls, but thats our opinion of their needs not his standing.
And all evidence for north is they pick best available mids. So if they keep 2 then its prob Jags or Smillie

Has Brisbane spoken to us about the draft picks to get enough points to get Ashcroft???
Tell to put the RUTHLESS back at Punt Rd.
If they don't entertain the idea of there 1st pick for a a couple of 3rd rounders.
We should call out Ashcrofts name out and bend them over.
This!

All in different drafts spread out. We are trying to get as many tickets in a deep draft to get one of those building blocks, maybe two.

The talent runs deep its a viewpoints, more than ever, clubs will rate vastly different depending on needs. Murphy Reid at 6 and Joe Berry vs one of FOS or Lalor is what we are debating.
I'm suggesting we trade 9 and 12 for 2 or 3.
(Keep 6)
So we'd get FOS instead of Joe Berry and Lindsay

Draft hand
1, 2, 6, 14, 17, 20, 21, 22

Rioli for 6, 20
Shai 9, 17
Baker 12
Brisbane 1st (14) for late picks

Smith Fos Lalor/Reid Hotton, Whitlock, Faull/Gerreyn, Dattoli

Reactions: 8 users