2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

I don' think that's likely at all.

If you want FOS and Lalor, which I do, you'll need 1 and 2.

If Norf wants anyone other than a mid they'll trade down with someone who wants a mid. Let it be us.

so you would you prefer

FOS and Lalor

over FOS or Lalor + Draper or Jagga + Joe Berry?

not me.

JoeBerry could be the best of the lot.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the question is essentially,

would you swap Sam Lalor and Joe Berry

for one of Finn O'sullivan, Sid Draper or Jagga Smith.

and my answer is a resounding NO.
Dunno about a resounding No.
Like the idea of having 2 of FOS/Jagga/Lalor.
And still have 4 picks after the above.

so you would you prefer

FOS and Lalor

not me.

Very much doubt we'd get any of the above @ 6
If we want 2 of then it has to be another top 4 pick.

Reactions: 2 users
so you would you prefer

FOS and Lalor

not me.

I think it's more like FOS or Lalor + (Reid or Langford or Armstrong) + Berry

If we get 9 and 10 for Shai, and 12 for Bakes we could still get two of Armstrong, Langford, Berry, Travaglia, Lindsay at 9/12.

Reactions: 1 user
Still no cert to FOS at 1. Everything can’t be focused through that prism.

Gerreyn is the leading possession getter up to halftime in the Colts qualifying final, along with 5 marks, a goal and 14 hitouts.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I sort of get why not many here rate Smillie, but I’d be stunned if he doesn’t go inside the top 10.
Perhaps even to us.
Some on here have talked themselves out of even considering him, but not sure the clubs or recruiters have.

Reactions: 2 users
I sort of get why not many here rate Smillie, but I’d be stunned if he doesn’t go inside the top 10.
Perhaps even to us.
Some on here have talked themselves out of even considering him, but not sure the clubs or recruiters have.

I think he is a top 5 pick .

Could end up being a smillie and fos combo for us

Perhaps even to us.
Do you think when Lalor goes will impact this? If we were to miss out on Lalor do we then take Smillie with our second pick?

Do you think when Lalor goes will impact this? If we were to miss out on Lalor do we then take Smillie with our second pick?
Yeah I’ve said all along that I think it’s more about the combination of players this year rather than just best available.
Can’t see us taking multiple similar players like Smillie, Bo Allen and Langford together. Think we’ll be looking for complementary types.

Reactions: 4 users
Gerreyn is the leading possession getter up to halftime in the Colts qualifying final, along with 5 marks, a goal and 14 hitouts.
Gerreyn got an accidental knee or kick to the head just before 3/4 time, is probably done for the day. Has had 21 disposals, 7 marks, 24 hitouts and 2 goals.

Reactions: 6 users
Perhaps even to us.
I haven’t watched much of the juniors and I’m by no means an expert, but from the footage of all these kids, he looks to have the most upside to me. That game out at box hill was like man against boys. Powerful unit.

Gerreyn got an accidental knee or kick to the head just before 3/4 time, is probably done for the day. Has had 21 disposals, 7 marks, 24 hitouts and 2 goals.
Nearly as influential a game as Samsung might be capable of one day.

• Wow
Not sure if anyone has talked about a Cotchin type replacement specifically, but I reckon there is one available later in this draft.

Hamish Davis from Claremont. Saw his debut against East Perth about a month ago, and he looks a very solid prospect who can play inside mid but also forward as a small goal kicker. He is super clean at ground level.

Listed at 190cm. I reckon he’d be a top 10 prospect in this draft if he was a little taller. Not seen him mentioned in the top 30 prospects for this draft. But he can really play.

Stepped up to WAFL league level seamlessly which is a very good sign.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
I think he is a top 5 pick .

Could end up being a smillie and fos combo for us
if we get Smillie I'll fair dinkum spew up. He's apparently slow, we have enough slow midfielders already. We have no room left for another one.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah I’ve said all along that I think it’s more about the combination of players this year rather than just best available.
Can’t see us taking multiple similar players like Smillie, Bo Allen and Langford together. Think we’ll be looking for complementary types.

Reckon that combination can include no-one that cant cover the ground. Get up and back all match and ideally have a high amount of agility.

We are already the slowest team in the country and are losing our 3 zippiest players.

Puts a massive question mark on Big Willie Smillies suitability for us.

Reactions: 8 users