2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Reckon that combination can include no-one that cant cover the ground. Get up and back all match and ideally have a high amount of agility.

We are already the slowest team in the country and are losing our 3 zippiest players.

Puts a massive question mark on Big Willie Smillies suitability for us.
Unless he turns out to be a Patrick Cripps type.
Don’t get too preoccupied with speed if they’re just great footballers who can run all day. Nothing has so far pointed to the fact that he can’t. Everyone is just petrified we’ll end up with another RCD.

Reckon that combination can include no-one that cant cover the ground. Get up and back all match and ideally have a high amount of agility.

We are already the slowest team in the country and are losing our 3 zippiest players.

Puts a massive question mark on Big Willie Smillies suitability for us.
Imo they should take whoever they rate highest regardless of if they are the right fit for us right now.

Cause I agree I don't think Smillie suits our current midfield set up. But in 5-6 years guys like Timmy, Hopper and Prestia will be long gone and a Smillie or whoever will only be 23-24 about to go into those prime years. List will look completely different by then.

Reactions: 5 users
if we get Smillie I'll fair dinkum spew up. He's apparently slow, we have enough slow midfielders already. We have no room left for another one.
If we got him at 20 you'd spew up? I'd be rapt!

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if anyone has talked about a Cotchin type replacement specifically, but I reckon there is one available later in this draft.

Hamish Davis from Claremont. Saw his debut against East Perth about a month ago, and he looks a very solid prospect who can play inside mid but also forward as a small goal kicker. He is super clean at ground level.

Listed at 190cm. I reckon he’d be a top 10 prospect in this draft if he was a little taller. Not seen him mentioned in the top 30 prospects for this draft. But he can really play.

Stepped up to WAFL league level seamlessly which is a very good sign.
Yes, I mentioned him during the week, he kicked 3 goals last week. I'm watching him now, he had 7 disposals in the first quarter against the East Fremantle.
Has certainly got AFL traits.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, I mentioned him during the week, he kicked 3 goals last week. I'm watching him now, he had 7 disposals in the first quarter against the East Fremantle.
I'll look forward to reading how he went :)

I agree with Scoop - More picks. we could get our best players from pick 10 onwards

2017 Grand Final Team
Draft Positions

#15 Ellis
#18 Rance
#2 PreSeason Draft - Grimes
#42 Houli
#35 Astbury
#9 Vlastuin
#31 MacIntosh
#2 Cotchin
#70 Townsend
#46 Rookie draft - Lambert
#3 Martin
#7 Caddy
#67 Butler
#13 Riewoldt
#15 Rioli
#35 Nankervis
#9 Prestia
#19 Grigg
#26 Edwards
#53 Graham
#67 Broad
#29 Rookie - Castagna

13 players of the 22 obtained through the main draft the rest through the pre-Season, Rookie drafts or traded in for needs.
5 of the 22 top 10 picks.
Yes but the engine room was 2, 3 and 9.
Without the elite top end we have a solid, top 4 team but its not winning when it counts.

Reactions: 2 users
Atm it feels like Lalor will go top 3, Norf may even take him. Draper a lock at 4 to Crows. What will Melb do at 5? Jagga? Smillie? They might bite the bullet and go Shanahan. The likely spread at 6 will be from : Jagga-Vanilli-Reid..... Just on current vibes. Do bids come for Ashcroft and Lombard? Will we bid?

To me FOS-Reid-Smillie/Berry-Lindsay/Allan looks so doable.
Agree on North do best available and may jump Lalor, crows take draper every day if not taken by WCE, Melb need forward class and talls - which they can get around 10 to 15.

We should target WC and Melbourne for trades

Reactions: 1 users

just kicked his 2nd goal 3/4 to go with 17 disposals.

Bolting up the board!

Very much doubt we'd get any of the above @ 6
If we want 2 of then it has to be another top 4 pick.

If Trainor and Smile go top 5, one of FOS, Jagga, Draper, Lalor is there at 6

its quite realistic

Yeah I’ve said all along that I think it’s more about the combination of players this year rather than just best available.
Can’t see us taking multiple similar players like Smillie, Bo Allen and Langford together. Think we’ll be looking for complementary types.

Bo Allen has wheels

Dyson Sharp just had a very good game for Centrals. Very high pick next year😉👍

Reactions: 3 users
Davis just kicked his 3rd, it was a ripper.

yeah he looks a classy player to me.

20d and 3 goals in an elimination final against the reigning premiers will have recruiters taking notice for sure.

4 goals!

last one appeared Joe-the-goose,

but he had to run his guts out to get there late in a 4th quarter.

Steven Coniglio at 17 type game, statistically

Agree on North do best available and may jump Lalor, crows take draper every day if not taken by WCE, Melb need forward class and talls - which they can get around 10 to 15.

We should target WC and Melbourne for trades
West Coast won't trade Pick 3. North far more likely to try and trade 2 IMO, they don't really need mids, they need talls and could get 2 picks to take them, but they may not get a huge premium on those picks. I agree that 6 and 9/10 is not going to happen, but what about 6 and 17 (if we get that from Freo as part of the Bolton trade). I reckon that opens up options for us.