2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Would you do 6 & 10 for 2?(If the trades plan out as we hope)

I think the question is essentially,

would you swap Sam Lalor and Joe Berry

for one of Finn O'sullivan, Sid Draper or Jagga Smith.

and my answer is a resounding NO.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the question is essentially,

would you swap Sam Lalor and Joe Berry

for Finn O'sullivan, Sid Draper or Jagga Smith.

and my answer is a resounding NO.
I don't think you're getting Lalor without a top-3 pick.

Reactions: 9 users
Surely you aren't suggesting that I'm a grumpy old fart, ranting n shaking my fist at clouds, there fastin?
Your digital footprint would suggest so but the beauty of the internet is that you could be a disenchanted 7 year old girl wagging school and typing on her stolen phone with a rollie glued to her bottom lip?

Edit - no offence intended :censored:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Kako walking around in a moon boot yesterday… trying to lower his NGA price.
🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You don't think 1,2,9,12,14,21 is enough?

Wouldn't you want two of FOS/Lalor/Draper/Jagga?

all of those bloke will be there at Pick 1,

and I reckon one of them will still be there at 6.

it will only take 2 of Trainor, Smilie, Langford or Murphy Reid to go top 6 (which Twomeys latest ranks has)

Twomey has Draper at 7 and Lalor at 9 currently, so currently you'de be mad to try trade 6 up

then at 10, your quite likely taking your pick out of JoeBerry, bo Allen, Toby Travaglia, Xavier Lindsay, Taj Hotton

I didn't watch Jagga yesterday, how'd he go?

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think you're getting Lalor without a top-3 pick.

so take him at 1,

then your likely getting Draper or Fos or Jagga at 6

like we've been saying all year, 10 into 5 doesn't go

I reckon its the year to live split pick down, rather than fuse them up

No, I want more picks in this draft.
I agree with Scoop - More picks. we could get our best players from pick 10 onwards

2017 Grand Final Team
Draft Positions

#15 Ellis
#18 Rance
#2 PreSeason Draft - Grimes
#42 Houli
#35 Astbury
#9 Vlastuin
#31 MacIntosh
#2 Cotchin
#70 Townsend
#46 Rookie draft - Lambert
#3 Martin
#7 Caddy
#67 Butler
#13 Riewoldt
#15 Rioli
#35 Nankervis
#9 Prestia
#19 Grigg
#26 Edwards
#53 Graham
#67 Broad
#29 Rookie - Castagna

13 players of the 22 obtained through the main draft the rest through the pre-Season, Rookie drafts or traded in for needs.
5 of the 22 top 10 picks.

Your digital footprint would suggest so but the beauty of the internet is that you could be a disenchanted 7 year old girl wagging school and typing on her stolen phone with a rollie glued to her bottom lip?

Edit - no offence intended :censored:
Now if you'd suggested a boy instead of girl I'd once have resembled that remark.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I like Reid but he’s a tad on the slow side. He’s got great skills that are hard to teach. A natural footballer.

I think we could take Jagga and Reid if we had 1 and 9. Lalor too if we had pick 3 maybe. Don’t think we could get FOS as well though.

Reid looks slow but never gets caught

Reid looks small, but busts out of tackles and gets clearances

He is a conundrum

so take him at 1,

then your likely getting Draper or Fos or Jagga at 6
I don' think that's likely at all.

If you want FOS and Lalor, which I do, you'll need 1 and 2.

If Norf wants anyone other than a mid they'll trade down with someone who wants a mid. Let it be us.

• Wow
Would you do 6 & 10 for 2?(If the trades plan out as we hope)
ND-1/2/9/12/14/21
Is it worth giving up a 1st rnd pick considering on how even this years draft is?

If you go back to the Jason Horne-Francis trade back in 2022 then we have a recent value for a pick 2 split trade -

West Coast agreed to trade pick 2 for pick 8 and 12. It was a multi club trade and Rioli got traded as well but they accepted pick 2 for 8 & 12.

If this a more even draft then probably could do a better deal and retain pick 6.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I don' think that's likely at all.

If you want FOS and Lalor, which I do, you'll need 1 and 2.

If Norf wants anyone other than a mid they'll trade down with someone who wants a mid. Let it be us.

I think 2 is gettable

Its a matter of cost

Also Will Thursfield is in charge at Nth and he is a Richmond man, relationships are strong

all of those bloke will be there at Pick 1,

and I reckon one of them will still be there at 6.

it will only take 2 of Trainor, Smilie, Langford or Murphy Reid to go top 6 (which Twomeys latest ranks has)

Twomey has Draper at 7 and Lalor at 9 currently, so currently you'de be mad to try trade 6 up

then at 10, your quite likely taking your pick out of JoeBerry, bo Allen, Toby Travaglia, Xavier Lindsay, Taj Hotton

I didn't watch Jagga yesterday, how'd he go?
Was “followed” fairly closely by the oppo.
Didn’t waste it when he got it…..
Kicked one sausage.
Skills all round were fairly shaky with the breeze…. But creates space for others.
If anything looked a bit sore maybe…..

Was ducking in and out of the ground as I told the misses I had “jobs” to attend to…. 😁

That Nathaniel Salzburger (11) caught my eye at times between the Reid/ Armstrong viewing.. ( didn’t catch all game.)
big body, kicked a few, moved okish…. Maybe later (…if we keep late one.)
Don’t know much about him… played Allies.
Thoughts?!

Regards,
Stan

• Love