2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

It's so not. On the Eddie McGuire/Jimmy Barter podcast this week, Eddie launches into it and how fragile the games banks on media right money growing (that is drying up actually) and how if that slows, the industry will crumble. And Jimmy Bartel talks of how he wants to be in a club and works his way into being a club CEO. Again, I would have him at Richmond in a heartbeat.

The AFL lacks innovation. Particularly in recruitment.
When Simon Matthews quits (which will happen now he missed ceo) we'll have space.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyway 3 matches of Coates starting at 10.30 am in Ballarat tomorrow ,,Weather is suppose to be windy AGAIN

I played about 50 games on the Northern Oval (now Mars),

and developed a very good wind piercing, flat punch kick. You had to.

watching Dogs v GWS last week,

I was quite astounded at how poor a side that plays home games in Canberra, basic windy game was,

and how smart a side that plays home games indoors was.

It's not rocket surgery adapting to a gale:

Into a gale: play in front; run and handball, kick flat

With a gale: play behind; kick long

I dont think basic footy in extremes goes out of fashion?

Footscray adapted really well, gws seemed to do the opposite.

Reactions: 3 users
They could have played at any AFL standard neutral ground in Melbourne eg Marvel, PRO, Ikon, whatever.
Yep, don't see the point playing at a ground that has conditions that will be rarely replicated at the next level.

Reactions: 3 users
We will definitely get bent over for bolton and rioli thise dreaming of pick 6 for rioli and 9 and 10 for bolton. Prepare to get the lube out they will go in dry and absolutely ream us
Absolutely rubbish,listen to this.
NO TRADE,U BOTH STAY AND FINISH UOUR CONTRACTS U AND YOUR NEW CLUB WANT TO BREAK

I would think the Demons would want a couple of picks,and one being earlier than what Fremantle have got ,and really so should the Tigers.
We should be pushing Shai and Bakes towards West Coast if they are interested.

They will get Shai done and I don't think the negotiations will be too difficult.

Reckon 9 and 17 will probably be the cornerstone, and we will get a player included. Maybe Ollie Murphy or Cooper Simpson if we rated them as a steak knives pick. I assume Freo would prefer to keep them, but I don't think they will get in the way of it if it guarantees them Bolton. I would guess anyone not in their best 22 in 2025 they will be open to trading.

Potentially if they need a 1st rounder for this year, maybe the GC pick 20 comes to us as part of the Rioli trade, and maybe we get both those young boys, and we add in 20 and get back their 2nd rounder (Saints one) which is currently 27.

They would then look to do the same with the Dees, something like 10, F1 and see what players would go with them.

Rioli is the one we will really dig our heels in I suspect. The deal above is reasonable for Shai even though Tiges fans probably think its overs, Freo fans probably think its unders, but that usually means neither team has screwed the other. I don't think that will be the case with Dan for a couple of reasons.

1 - If Dan doesn't get the trade, I'm certain he would rock up to training and put in 100% in training and matches as he would if the trade hadn't been requested
2 - Dan hasn't been asked to be traded for family reasons. When there is a human element part of the trade we will likely try and help players get to their destination, this is as much about messaging to players that might want to come to the RFC as to what we stand for. None of that exists for Dan, he's either asking to go for either more money, or more chance at success. Thats fine, but the GC shouldn't be expecting anything easy with these negotiations then.

Reactions: 4 users
Reckon Rioli will be easy to do and we get pick 6

Bolton will be complicated and will be done on the last day if at all

Reckon Rioli will be easy to do and we get pick 6

Bolton will be complicated and will be done on the last day if at all

The Player Managers probably control these deals.

Both will get done as they have been in the works for quite a while.

Reactions: 2 users
They could have played at any AFL standard neutral ground in Melbourne eg Marvel, PRO, Ikon, whatever.
Got no idea ,but it will be a long day with 3 matches ,so maybe cost come into it ,catering ,staff ,etc etc .
Putrid outcome, not making that trip.
Why not,, 3 games ,they have good facilities ,you can put a bet on,have a counter lunch ,a beer or 10,.
Yep, don't see the point playing at a ground that has conditions that will be rarely replicated at the next level.
The wind will effect everywhere ,not just Ballarat

Reactions: 1 user
One group couldn't do it without the other i say.
Cotch/Jack/Dusty/Shedda/Rance.
Vs
Houli/Grigga/Meatball/Lynch/Nank
Yep. Build the premium core n then add some cheap fancy trimmings n plug a couple of little holes n your a decent chance at some fun years.

Try patching up a crumbling core with overpriced spack filla n paint and pretty soon it all falls down around your ears.

How do Gold Coast continue to have a plethora of draft picks and points?, at least it should benefit Richmond this year.

Also does the compensation picks Syd & GC rec'd from Nth for this year are they deemed 1st round picks or 2nd round? If 2nd round even though it is still the order it means Richmond won't have 1st pick on day two so clubs would be ringing Syd and GC before us?

🔒19 SYD NMFC received from North Melbourne in 2023, received from AFL as compensation in 2023🔒20 GC NMFC received from North Melbourne in 2023, received from AFL as compensation in 2023

Gold Coast6, 13, 20, 26, 34, 46, 70, 805516

Richmond1, 21, 29, 39, 41, 47, 57, 66, 73, 755976

Last edited:
I played about 50 games on the Northern Oval (now Mars),

and developed a very good wind piercing, flat punch kick. You had to.

watching Dogs v GWS last week,

I was quite astounded at how poor a side that plays home games in Canberra, basic windy game was,

and how smart a side that plays home games indoors was.

It's not rocket surgery adapting to a gale:

Into a gale: play in front; run and handball, kick flat

With a gale: play behind; kick long

I dont think basic footy in extremes goes out of fashion?

Footscray adapted really well, gws seemed to do the opposite.
Yeah l think your man Jagga should have a big day ,with all his short dinky possessions ,he will be in his element :LOL:

• Haha
Absolutely rubbish,listen to this.
NO TRADE,U BOTH STAY AND FINISH UOUR CONTRACTS U AND YOUR NEW CLUB WANT TO BREAK
No good shouting at us, we're all just sittin around n talkin *smile*. We got no influence on the outcomes.

• Haha