2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are the worst club in the league at manipulating the system and trading in draft picks?
Only time we’ve ever come out in front was last year with our picks to eventually land McCauliff. Other than that we’ve been inactive and passive. It’s why I strongly believe we’ve been stuck with mediocre picks since 2020 ( Other than pick 6 in 2021 although we should have bundled picks together to get lower in the draft )
I think after this year, with all the first round picks we will have acquired, the AFL will change the rules to stop it happening again. In that sense, we’ve manipulated it too well.

Reactions: 1 users
Carlton have told us that they are not interested in getting picks off us for the camporoale boys

Well said. Not sure why people are looking for reasons to pot Jagga. Saying he has reached peak development could be said about all elite junior players.
Pleased that you're happy to support Jazz's misquoting of what I originally said, which I then also clarified back a few posts ago. But hey it's all good, misunderstand and misquote to your hearts content, it's just a footy forum for opinionated waffling.

• Haha
Pleased that you're happy to support Jazz's misquoting of what I originally said, which I then also clarified back a few posts ago. But hey it's all good, misunderstand and misquote to your hearts content, it's just a footy forum for opinionated waffling.
You did insinuate that he doesn’t have much more scope for development. So where is the misquote?

Does anyone else get the feeling that we are the worst club in the league at manipulating the system and trading in draft picks?
Only time we’ve ever come out in front was last year with our picks to eventually land McCauliff. Other than that we’ve been inactive and passive. It’s why I strongly believe we’ve been stuck with mediocre picks since 2020 ( Other than pick 6 in 2021 although we should have bundled picks together to get lower in the draft )
We will definitely get bent over for bolton and rioli thise dreaming of pick 6 for rioli and 9 and 10 for bolton. Prepare to get the lube out they will go in dry and absolutely ream us

• Dislike
  • Wow
I read somewhere that Collingwood last year did a swap of future picks for Schulz, expecting to be premiers, only to fall below Freo so they actually downgraded their second round pick this year.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Cartoon must believe no one will call their names out till 4th round
Then we should wreck there dreams and use 1 of our late 2nd rounders and call there names out.
We have a history of calling out academy kids.
I think this year we use it as a way of getting more picks more then really wanting the kid.

I want RUTHLESS Richmond back.
Screw them over put them in deficit if they don't do what we want.

Imagine Carlton explaining to there supporters they don't have a pick in the 2nd round in 2025 because Richmond took it.
That's power

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
You did insinuate that he doesn’t have much more scope for development. So where is the misquote?
Almost. I suggested that perhaps he didn't have as much scope as some of the kids and then clarified my comment for Jazz in a later post. Jazz misquoted what I said by claiming I'd said he was already " at " peak development. You then still liked his comment even after I'd put up the clarification. Geez, I think I'm almost starting to sound like Willo here :)).
It wasn't a big deal, but it simply skewed the basis of my comments.

Reactions: 1 user
We will definitely get bent over for bolton and rioli thise dreaming of pick 6 for rioli and 9 and 10 for bolton. Prepare to get the lube out they will go in dry and absolutely ream us
Would seriously hope that Blair n the crew are better than that and we get a fair n honest deal happening. Also absolutely certain that we're not going to get anywhere near what some of us one eyed over raters are demanding we get either.

not only that, we had an unused pick we failed to use! unforgivable imo
And if the trade period goes as expected we'd have to delist another on our list too accommodate those picks we get.
Made sense why we didn't use that msd pick.

Bolton has more to offer than Petracca. This is based on age and how banged up rac now is

• Wow