2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

The AFL is not truly professional.
It's so not. On the Eddie McGuire/Jimmy Barter podcast this week, Eddie launches into it and how fragile the games banks on media right money growing (that is drying up actually) and how if that slows, the industry will crumble. And Jimmy Bartel talks of how he wants to be in a club and works his way into being a club CEO. Again, I would have him at Richmond in a heartbeat.

The AFL lacks innovation. Particularly in recruitment.

Reactions: 2 users
not only that, we had an unused pick we failed to use! unforgivable imo
It's simple maths, at that point the 3 /4 players leaving could have potentially stayed on our list ,remember the list spots were temporary and we have to delist players to make room plus find 5-6 for new draftees.
Even macintosh has had to wait to see what numbers we end up with.

Reactions: 1 user
If we went like for like,for the player's leaving and retired we would end up with.
DUSTY-LALOR ..GRIMES-ALLEN...PICKET--IVISIC.
RIOLI--LINDSAY..TREVAGLIA.....BAKER--UNGWIN ..BOLTON..BERRY..DATTOLI...DAY WICKS.

This won't happen though ,we don't do it like that

you must have forgotten jagga mate?

you must have forgotten jagga mate?
No mate ,who does he replace? ,,maybe Dow if he gets de listed .
Pickett, l found hard to find a player that can pinch hit in a lot of areas of the ground.
FOS maybe in the Bolton category .

Josh Murphy is a player we should look at in second round onwards ,,has kicked 30 goals in 10 coates matches ,kicked 7 at the champs .
At 190 cm he is a decent medium forward ,strong mark ,good kick ,a late 18 year old ,needs to be more consistent and get involved more in general play,but can be a big impact player.

Reactions: 2 users
No mate ,who does he replace? ,,maybe Dow if he gets de listed .
Pickett, l found hard to find a player that can pinch hit in a lot of areas of the ground.
FOS maybe in the Bolton category .

I was only joking.

yeah he probably doest replace anyone, cause we havnt won a clearance since 2016?

yeah Pickett pretty hard to replace. hard running, team first, tough pricks who enjoy the hurt, dont grow on trees.

I do really like Sam Lalors desire for the physical and hope we can get him

interesting analysis

very thorough analysis, pretty much agrees with PRE if we took an average.

I had a double take when he compared Bo Allen to Kouta; he looks like he would have been 5 when kouta retired?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Main query or doubt I have regarding Jag is that I think he might already be nearer his peak development level than some of the other youngsters. Whatever the club runs with throughout the draft I'll be content with until it fails, simply because I know bugger all about what kids has what. So I'll just leave it to the experts.
Can you explain your thinking - how at his age he is at peak development? Cause I am struggling to understand that statement. I guy i went to school with is the same height and weight now as when he was in Year 8. I always thought of him as this huge monster. He was a bit of a protector in high school even at the age of 14. No one messed with him. Saw a photo of him recently and he looks small, he would be no more than 5'9. No doubt he had peak development at 14. But I do not see peak developmenbt when I look at Smith. I see an elite ball winner (likely the best junior ball winner in Aust?) with scope for improvement.

Why wouldn't he get better? Every level he has played at he has excelled. Why won't he get fitter/stronger?

George played for Casey a bit, was competing with Toby Bedford & Chandler for a spot. He has pace and skills and is obviously doing well at Frankston.

He is a good kid, has pace and skills.
Yeah, I mentioned him earlier this year, I thought he’d go in the MSD but he got injured.

“This George Grey will go in the MSD, AFL clubs seem to love the “bolter” who comes from nowhere. Saw him in the state game v SA, didn’t really stand out but AFL clubs are looking deeper than starring in a state game or state league footy.”

What did Jagga do to you for you to have so little respect for him?

Maybe he's a communist!

he certainly shares the footy,

and looks like he could use a quarter pounder with fries and a sundae

Last edited: